Wild sign Daigle

Koltsov71
09-30-2003, 12:02 PM
ST. PAUL, Minn. (CP) - Alexandre Daigle will start the NHL season with the Minnesota Wild.

It's the second year in a row that Daigle, 28, the No. 1 overall draft pick in 1993 by the Ottawa Senators, has caught on with an NHL a team after being granted a free-agent tryout.

link (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=55695)

With Dupuis and Gaborik still un-signed, he should get a good look on the top lines.

I wish him the best of luck.

spence___
09-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Is it a 2-way contract?

KungFuPenguin
09-30-2003, 02:02 PM
If Daigle is one thing, it is fast, and speed is what Minnesota's system is all about. If he can learn their system, he should be quite successful.

GoPenguins
09-30-2003, 02:15 PM
One thing that Daigle was questioned most about was whether he had the desire and enthusiasm to play the game at the highest level again. I thought he handled himself very well last year and could not fault his effort or attitude.

He could do really well at Minnesota and I wish him well.

Jacob
09-30-2003, 02:40 PM
I don't think he will. I've never seen a player more afraid of heavy traffic areas as Daigle. Even the slightest bit of traffic, like getting pucks in/out at the blueline seemed like far too much contact for him. And his skill level has stagnated to the point that he's no longer consistently productive on a scoring line.