Point Predictions for Lucky Luc

Bobby Lou
10-01-2003, 08:09 AM
I'm sitting here pondering my pool list and this guy remains a complete mystery to me. I mean, he's shown he can produce in LA and he should have some decent linemates...but what kind of point production are we looking at out of this guy this season?

I'm assuming he'll see a lot of minutes? Especially if one of Allison or Deadmarsh is out for any extended length of time. But do you guys think he still has 60 points in him? Even without linemates like Allison and Deadmarsh?

In my mind he's still a pretty risky pick and I'm just wondering how he's looking in camp and the preseason?

Good pick or bust?

Thanks in advance!

TubbyTerrion*
10-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Luc still has one thing going for him. He knows where to be to get quality scoring chances. Whether he will bury them or not is the big question. He's looked just fine in training camp, and has been given a lot of time on the PP (as expected.) He should, with his ice time up above where it was in Detroit last season, be good for 20-20, but again, everything changes when (if) the Kings get a healthy Allison and a healthy Deadmarsh. People's assignments change, and the ice time is sliced accordingly.

IGM
10-01-2003, 08:57 AM
I have been saying the 20/20 mantra around here since we were told he might come back. I still think that is the more likely case. I do think that if he is given more playing time due to the injuries that he could do more. It wouldn't be unheard of for him to pull a 27/25 season if given the chance. I know that he is saying that he is determined to prove that he still has it.

I have said that I think he will pop for 22 goals and 25 assists. (47 points) I think that the total number is close to right (since we are all only making educated guesses) but maybe it should be 25 goals and 22 assists. Who knows, I can't wait for the season to start so we can know for sure.

TubbyTerrion*
10-01-2003, 09:14 AM
if he keeps yapping like he did in a couple of the exhibition games, he might lead the team in PIM as well ;)

David A. Rainer
10-01-2003, 09:43 AM
25 and 20. I think he'll start of strong and really tail off towards the end of the season.