What Now for Brown?

chas
10-01-2003, 11:10 AM
So Brown gets two goals in 12 seconds and adds an assist last night...what's the buzz around the possibility of him signing now? Still find it hard to believe he'll stick but sometimes players just make it too hard to say 'no'.

TubbyTerrion*
10-01-2003, 11:22 AM
They have been working on signing him, but even so, that doesn't mean he will stick for the season. (Kanko was signed... he's back in juniors.)

Dustin's playing great, but unless they (management/coaches) can assure themselves of giving him quality minutes over the course of the season, it makes no sense to retard his development with the big club. He can go to Guelph, and play A LOT.

My personal guess is that he signs, and plays up to the 10 game max, and hopefully by then it becomes clearer as to whether Deadmarsh, Allison, Cammalleri, and friends are ready to take the minutes back.

Even if he plays well, the RIGHT thing to do is to give him another year in the OHL. But, who said the Kings always do the right thing?

IGM
10-01-2003, 11:52 AM
I have heard the same thing and agree with you oh tubby one. I, like anyone, would love to see this kid get his shot at the bigs this year and be another young great star for us, but, I think that it would only be to his benefit to head back to junious as an overager so that he can get his quality ice time. He isn't going to backslide by being there so the only thing it would do is give him more time to turn into the player he appears to be.

Skebo
10-01-2003, 01:43 PM
What happens if he lights it up in those first ten games? Do you send him back to juniors? That would be a tough decision to make.

agentfouser
10-01-2003, 01:56 PM
is there a possibility of him playing anywhere else? you would want him in the most competetive league in which he would get quality icetime. i don't think its a stretch that he could be effective in manchester. so, because he's an overager, could he play anywhere else?

TubbyTerrion*
10-01-2003, 02:05 PM
he is only 18 and is not eligible to play in the AHL.

CharlieGirl
10-01-2003, 02:08 PM
is there a possibility of him playing anywhere else? you would want him in the most competetive league in which he would get quality icetime. i don't think its a stretch that he could be effective in manchester. so, because he's an overager, could he play anywhere else?
He's not an overager, so he either plays with the Kings or he's sent to Guelph for the rest of the year.

agentfouser
10-01-2003, 04:38 PM
He's not an overager, so he either plays with the Kings or he's sent to Guelph for the rest of the year.

are you sure he's not an overager? someone posted that he was almost 19, and then i think someone else reffered to him as such. if i'm smoking crack, sorry, i really don't know the rules about eligiability; i just want him to play on the kings and score 50 points his rookie season so that i can go to the trade rumours board and make outrageous demands for him in trades.

TubbyTerrion*
10-01-2003, 04:45 PM
NEXT year he'd be an overager.

Legionnaire
10-01-2003, 04:54 PM
NEXT year he'd be an overager.

So it's obviously based on the age you start the season. Right?

TubbyTerrion*
10-01-2003, 05:07 PM
The CHL leagues are for players 16-19 years old, with each team allowed a maximum of three 20 year-old, or overage players.

so, this season, the Kings draftee, Aaron Rome will play as an overage (Rome turned 20 this week.)

Legionnaire
10-01-2003, 05:09 PM
The CHL leagues are for players 16-19 years old, with each team allowed a maximum of three 20 year-old, or overage players.

so, this season, the Kings draftee, Aaron Rome will play as an overage (Rome turned 20 this week.)

Cool thanks You have a wealth of hockey knowledge and it is much appreciated. :D