waiver possibilities

myrocketsgotcracked
10-01-2003, 07:54 PM
would the canucks be interested in any of the players available?
some names that pops out at me are
-todd harvey- he is a klatt-type of player, might he fit here?
-boucher- would be good pick up if we hadnt already trade for hedberg
-shane willis- possible 2nd line scoring
-bill muckalt- see willis
-Ivan Novoseltsev- see muckalt
-Jaroslav Bednar- see novoseltsev

thoughts??

monster_bertuzzi
10-01-2003, 07:57 PM
No need for any of those players IMO.

canucksfan
10-01-2003, 07:58 PM
I don't think the Canucks should pickup any of those players.

Boucher too much money and we don't need him

Harvey wouldn't be that bad but there is no room for him

The rest do not solve our RW problem

IceMelter
10-01-2003, 08:05 PM
Harvey would be the only interest to me and he just has no where to fit.

Our goaltending is solved for now, bringing in another wouldn't make any sense.

Yammer
10-02-2003, 08:33 AM
Billy Muckalt's name jumped out at me right away. If that shoulder is solid, then he's got 2nd line potential and is, at worst, a persistent forechecker.

Sentimentally, I think we all remember the shape he was in leaving his childhood dream team.

Peter Griffin
10-02-2003, 08:42 AM
The Canucks won't pick-up any players as it would force them to expose one of their players, which they can't afford to do.

Bobby Lou
10-02-2003, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure how much he's making, but I think waiting on it and taking Todd Simpson would have been a more ideal choice then Slegr. Looking back is of course useless as we had no clue he would be unprotected, but in my eyes he would be the ideal #6/7 for us. Adding undeniable grit and character to our blueline...he would be an upgrade over Baron in that department.

Very surprised Phoenix left him unprotected and damn...he would be a lot nicer to have then Slegr. Though I'm not at all down on Jiri.

kmad
10-02-2003, 09:37 AM
Todd Simpson will be gone by the time we get our first pick, most likely

Bobby Lou
10-02-2003, 09:41 AM
Todd Simpson will be gone by the time we get our first pick, most likely

I agree. But wouldn't he be an ideal acquisition for the Canucks. He'd be the type of trade deadline acquistion I could see Burke doing to set us up for the playoffs...a very gritty, sandpaper defenseman with a lot of character and experience.

kmad
10-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Oh totally, if he's still around when it's our time, we're dropping slegr in a heartbeat

Fedz
10-02-2003, 03:10 PM
The Canucks won't pick-up any players as it would force them to expose one of their players, which they can't afford to do.

Precisely, all I could see them do is add Harvey, and drop say May, which makes no sense though!

Big_Mac
10-02-2003, 04:14 PM
I don't see a reason to pick any up. They got a great pool of player and even if they lose any, they got great depth