PINEAULT, BOURQUE, LAVALLEE at USA World Junior Evaluation Camp in Lake Placid

FREE DENTAL CARE
08-14-2005, 05:19 PM
These three guys were among the best forwards at the camp. Adam Pineault (Moncton) and Jordan LaVallee (Quebec) were tied for the lead in scoring with two other players (5 points) and Chris Bourque (Moncton) had 4 points. A good showing for the "Q" players at the camp. They started out on the same team (USA BLUE) and then Bourque was moved to the USA WHITE team for the last two games. These guys should be joined by other USA-born CHL players including Matt Lashoff (Kitchener), A.J. Thelen (Prinec Albert), Robbie Schremp (London), and Bobby Ryan (Owen Sound) on a strong USA team for the World Juniors.

wildwilly
08-17-2005, 04:03 AM
What about the possible CHL'er Yandle? |How did he look? Do you think he can make the team? I spoke with a scout and he said there were "safer" picks for the team but when Yandle is playing he is one of the better defenseman in camp.Can run a PP kill penalties and has a mean side. Any truth to this?

FREE DENTAL CARE
08-17-2005, 08:45 AM
I felt the Yandle was in the middle third of the defensemen at the U20 camp. He had moments where he looked really good and others where he tried to do too much with the puck or was out of position. As far as making the team is concerned, I have been reluctant to predict who would and would not be selected. There were probably 30-35 of the 42? players who could earn spots on the final team, depending on how the coaches wanted the team to look. There were many talented players at the camp.

blueblood1617
08-21-2005, 10:12 PM
It's hard (inaccurate) to call Bourque a CHL'er, he's never played and never will play a game for Moncton. He got drafted, but told Moncton he wasn't going to come before they took him, and he stayed true to his word. It appeared he was going to come this season, but then he signed a pro contract, so he's out.