Yahoo NHL pool

PhillyNucksFan
10-02-2003, 03:32 PM
I saw another post on canucklehead's season pool, and the thread is up to like 12 pages.. and one question for you guys..

are you guys writing down your own draft or something? or you guys joined a paid-membership league or free league?

there is a Yahoo league, where there are a maximum of 12 teams I believe and each team will select 9 forward and 4 D, and 3 bench spots plus 3 goalies...

Is there a hfboard canucks fan league already? if yes, is it full? whats its league ID/password?

if not, anyone wanna form a league of 12 teams? season is starting next week, we can select over this weekend..?

Avantage of this will be that, this will be a live draft, which will be done within an hour.. downside is.. you have to be there at the time of draft.. which is set arbitrarily according to our preference.. if you are not there to select, yahoo will select for you according to the highest rank available player.

this is the website address..

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey

you need a yahoo email to sign in.. and once you sign in, just create a team and they will ask you if you want to join a public league or custom league.. So, anyone want to start a Canucks fan league?

myrocketsgotcracked
10-02-2003, 03:40 PM
i already have 6 teams with yahoo, cuz im too cheap to pay for hockey pool :p but i dont mind joinin another one.

PhillyNucksFan
10-02-2003, 03:42 PM
I have 1 team.. and was thinking if anyone here would start one for HF boards canucks fan... and make it to 12 team maximum.. and that'd be fun... plus we could talk about it here or something...

I could start one and set the draft day/time at. .say.. October 4th.. (saturday) time.. umm.. i dont know.. night better? or afternoon? since Saturday night is hangout night for most of people.. on PST time BTW.

Bobby Lou
10-02-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm in if it gets going.

IceMelter
10-02-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm in too if it starts

kmad
10-02-2003, 04:04 PM
dibs on a spot if it goes through

PhillyNucksFan
10-02-2003, 04:04 PM
How about this, I will create a team.

whoever joins first gets in.. and I believe the maximum is 20 teams.. this is my first year trying this league as well.. so i am just as newbie as anyone.

So, I will make this a 20 team league. no maximum # of trades/player acquisitions.

Draft Date: Saturday, October 4
Approximate Draft Time: Afternoon - 1:30pm-2:00pm PST
Draft Type: Live Draft
League Name: Canucks HFboards.com
Team Name: PhillyNuckFan
Maximum Number of Teams: 20
Maximum Players on a Team: 16
Maximum Moves: No maximum
Maximum Trades: No maximum
Scoring Type: Rotisserie League
Waiver Time: 2 days
Last Trade Date: Wednesday, March 10
Trade Reject Time: 0 days
Maximum Games: 82
Retroactive Stats: No
Roster Changes: Daily
Starting Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, IR

Statistical Categories (Forwards/Defenseman): Goals
Assists
Plus/Minus
Penalty Minutes
Powerplay Points
Shorthanded Points
Game-Winning Goals

Statistical Categories (Goalies): Wins
Goals Against Average
Save Percentage
Shutouts

League ID# 64965
League Password: password

If there is fewer than 6-8 teams by Saturday 12pm PST, I will delete the league, since its not fun to have too few teams competing.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

your Draft position will be determined according to FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.. meaning, if you join the league 2nd, you choose 2nd in first round, and 3rd, then you choose 3rd in first round.. then continues.. since I created the league, I wil lbe selecting first overall, and etc etc...

All experts/newbie are welcomed here!!

ALSO, If the draft time is NOT good for most of you, I can change it, but MUST let me know or post here before Saturday noon.. and remember to log on at 1:15pm for your draft!! if you miss it, its your loss. :)

PhillyNucksFan
10-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Kokanee Sasquatch

will select 2nd in first round. since I just refreshed the league, and he is in.. :)

IceMelter
10-02-2003, 04:21 PM
KLD is me (3rd)

PhillyNucksFan
10-02-2003, 04:27 PM
KLD is me (3rd)

yes, done that, ur selecting 3rd, and 4th is Cougers.

dont worry, everything should be in order!
4 teams already within 15 min.. I guess we could have up to 15-20 teams!!

this be fun!!! and HARD to draft..

PS. if you would like more scoring types, let me know. I am not too sure what to count and what not to..

I.E.. I could make each face off won count as something
:)

Remember, Saturday, 1:15pm PST!! and draft starts at 1:30pm!!!
Cant wait!

Canadian Chris
10-02-2003, 04:42 PM
I am in!

I'm PG Wolfpac

cyrisweb
10-02-2003, 04:47 PM
for goalies I would only have wins, ties, shut outs. I'm not sure how it works exactly.. can you set it for differnt points for differnt stuff.. IE

2 points for a win, 2 points for a shut out, but only 1 point for a tie..

but I do like having plus minus and short handed goals.
Whatever.. btw I'm the cougers

PhillyNucksFan
10-02-2003, 04:56 PM
for goalies I would only have wins, ties, shut outs. I'm not sure how it works exactly.. can you set it for differnt points for differnt stuff.. IE

2 points for a win, 2 points for a shut out, but only 1 point for a tie..

but I do like having plus minus and short handed goals.
Whatever.. btw I'm the cougers

OK, I dont think I can control how many points for goals, or assists, or winning goal..from the tool, I can only select which stat category will count, and how they count it is standard for all yahoo leagues I think...
So, say if I do select shutout as an counting criteria, if Cloutier gets a shutout win.. he will get points for his WIN + points for the shutout.. but how many I dont know... :(

So, save % shouldnt count then? only the Win/shutout/tie..? I had that, but was thinking if I should include save %..

ok, here is the new Setting;

Waiver Time: 2 days
Last Trade Date: Wednesday, March 10
Trade Reject Time: 0 days
Maximum Games: 82
Retroactive Stats: No
Roster Changes: Daily
Starting Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, IR
Statistical Categories (Forwards/Defenseman):
Goals
Assists
Plus/Minus
Penalty Minutes
Powerplay Points
Shorthanded Points
Game-Winning Goals

Statistical Categories (Goalies):
Wins
Ties
Shutouts

kmad
10-02-2003, 05:18 PM
i'm Atomic Supermonsters

PhillyNucksFan
10-02-2003, 05:21 PM
I changed the maximum # of team to 15.. i was thinking 20 is too many.. too diluted a pool to have fun.. :)

thecanucker
10-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Kokanee Sasquatch

will select 2nd in first round. since I just refreshed the league, and he is in.. :)boo yah, now i'm guaranteed Bertuzzi or Naslund!!!!

PhillyNucksFan
10-02-2003, 06:16 PM
BTW, If you dont have Java.. its better to download it from the site.. the download fast link is on top of the team page or league page.. the java is used when u do your live draft.. :)

man, I am deciding to get Bert or forsberg for #1 overall pick.. i know after 1st round, top 15 players probably gone... it be tough on who to pick.. :(

cyrisweb
10-02-2003, 11:52 PM
So, save % shouldnt count then? only the Win/shutout/tie..? I had that, but was thinking if I should include save %..

It's up too you really, it is your leaque.
Just my personal preferance,but I'll go along either way.

PhillyNucksFan
10-02-2003, 11:57 PM
It's up too you really, it is your leaque.
Just my personal preferance,but I'll go along either way.

nah, its everyone's league.. no one is starting it.. thats why I start one..

but I think i will make this as simple as possible.. so.. just win/tie/shutouts.. and for the forward/defensemen, only goals/assist/PP points/Game winning Goal/SH points/PIM and +/- will count..

I just did a live draft with my friend's league.. damn.. it was FUN.. too bad i had 2nd overall, I had Bertuzzi on my lineup, my friend took Forsberg #1.. :(

and I have no Goalie.. the best available to me was Cechmanek/Salo... :(

But I have an all star lineup I think.. satisfied with it.

anyway, those who wants to join, come on join!!! It be more fun if there are 6-10 teams.. right now, we have 6 today.

myrocketsgotcracked
10-03-2003, 12:36 AM
im in! this makes 8 yahoo team i have!! haha, cant believe i actually made a new account just for this
oh btw, guess what my name is, i think you'll be surprise!

PhillyNucksFan
10-03-2003, 11:41 AM
Great!!!

8 Teams is enough to compete!!..

Remember, the LIVE DRAFT starts TOMORROW, Saturday 1:30PM SHARP!! You can enter Live Draft screen starting at 1PM .. If you want to pick who you want, be there!! otherwise, Yahoo will pick for you according to the ranking!! ( whether they are signed/injured/retired or not!)

I will change time ONLY if over 4 people who cant show up.

Also, YOU can set your own drafting list BEFORE tomorrow, if you cant show up. I.E. the Ranking says Forsberg is #1, Bertuzzi is #2, Naslund #3.. If you picking 3rd over all, Computer will pick according to the Yahoo ranking. BUT in your own list, you can have Naslund #1, Forsberg #2, Bertuzzi #3.. and etc.. than the live draft, if you not there, will be drafted according to your own list.. If you DO making up ur own list.. I suggest you include all the top players according to who you want, and including about top 100 players that You would draft.. its easy, just click to select ur list and save it online.

A note, IF the # of teams is fewer than 10, ( we have 8 now), I will increase roster size from 16 to 20!
3C
3LW
3RW
6D
3G

2 Bench
1 IR list

I Hate You All*
10-03-2003, 03:32 PM
I just signed up. I am the SFU Clan :D

PhillyNucksFan
10-03-2003, 03:58 PM

nice.

I should make a UBC clan. :)

well, but I'm not at UBC anymore. :(

PhillyNucksFan
10-03-2003, 07:34 PM
15 more hours to go
:)

PhillyNucksFan
10-04-2003, 12:36 AM
you can always TRADE...... :) :)

even though I dont think anyone would trade Forsberg/Bert/Nassy.. unless what you offer is.. Heijduk/Brodeur/Sakic for 1 player, Forsberg.. :D

myrocketsgotcracked
10-04-2003, 01:00 AM

hey do u goto sfu?

myrocketsgotcracked
10-04-2003, 01:07 AM
nice.

I should make a UBC clan. :)

well, but I'm not at UBC anymore. :(

you mean UBC t-birds right? haha

thecanucker
10-04-2003, 08:44 AM
2 more hours and 52 minutes

PhillyNucksFan
10-04-2003, 09:46 AM
2 more hours and 52 minutes

yes, I cant decide to draft Forsberg #1 or Bert!!

:D :D
either one.. umm. umm

now i am thinking whether to make this a 21 player team, instead of 16.

so..
3C
3LW
3RW
6D
2G
2Utilit
2 bench

PhillyNucksFan
10-04-2003, 10:06 AM
man,yahoo being gay.. its unstable right now with its server!!!

hope it doesnt do anything to our live draft in 1 hour!!!

those who wants to join, still have 50 min to join before live draft starts "pre draft".

we have 10 teams now. :)

cyrisweb
10-04-2003, 01:03 PM
the draft is done my team is..

Tanguay-Sundin-Bertuzzi
Sanderson-Conroy-Iginla
Whitney-Arnott-O'Neill
*util+bench players* H.Sedin, Marleau, Arvedson, Parrish, Robitaille

Klee-Jovonovski
Niedermayer-Zhitnik
Boynton-Markov

Belfour
Dunham

If anyone is interested in the 30 goal scoring Jeff O'Neill he can be traded. :teach:

IceMelter
10-04-2003, 01:12 PM
That was fun, here's my team.

Naslund-Lemieux-Mogilny
Prospal-Cassels-St.Louis
Straka-Zhamnov-Carter

Extras: Nedved, Langkow, Peca, Brind'Amour
D-men

Chara-Schneider
Foote-Numminen
Desjardins-De Vries

Goalie:

Cloutier
Hackett
Extra: Potvin

PhillyNucksFan
10-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Forsberg-Weight-G. Murray
Stillman-Madden-Lengenbrunner
Gagne-Doan-Dvorak

Extra: ( i am deep on C/LW) Holmstrom (LW) Scatchard (C) Friesen (LW) Savard (C), Nieuwendyk (C)

D: right/left side doesnt matter ... :D

Lidstrom Zubov
Hatcher Poti
Boucher Weinrich

no extra D.. :(

G Aebischer, David (G-Col)

yes, I need a Goalie, pending on a trade with someone now. :(

Overall, I guess its a decent team, should score good on +/- withsome points... :yo:

kmad
10-04-2003, 02:06 PM
Crap, I missed it and got a ****** team

oh well, someone's gotta come last :rolly:

I Hate You All*
10-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Kariya-Koivu-Hejduk
Satan-Lang-Amonte
Drury-Elias-Lehtinen

extras: Briere, Daze, Turgeon

Sopel-Salo
Woolley-Chelios
Stevens-Kasparaitis

Hasek
Theodore

kmad
10-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Shanahan, Fedorov, Hull
Havlat, Modano, Mellanby
Morrow, White, Nolan

extras: Bondra, Jokinen, Nylander, Young

Jonsson - McCabe
Havelid - Khavanov
Malik - Staios

time to hit up the waiver wire

I Hate You All*
10-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Is there any reason a waiver request wouldn't be accepted?

PhillyNucksFan
10-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Is there any reason a waiver request wouldn't be accepted?

i dont think so.

I didnt set the league in a way that commissioner has the power to reject any trade.. which means.. be careful of what you click on.. because once you click on accept trades.. its done.. so.. if u accidentally traded your entire team for 1 player.. it could happen.. :)

ya.. if you set the pre-ranking according to your preference.. you'd be find in the draft.. as long as yahoo dont pick those ranked high, but retired players. such as.. Svehla.. Tverdovsky.( in russia). kekeke

There are still quite a few decent pickups available in the free agent pool now.. :)0
better than non-playing players at least~

PhillyNucksFan
10-04-2003, 04:20 PM
checking now

BTW, a note.

Trades are encouraged, but sometimes, if you get ripped off in a trade, i.e. Bertuzzi for Svehla (retired).. and u clicked "accept trade" accidentally, I can reverse trades for you under some circumstances, proving that you did accidentally trade your top player for a retired one, and the other guy tried to rip you off, or your computer was down and made the decision and etc.

Canadian Chris
10-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Here we have my team...

Sturm-Demitra-Kovalev
York-Yashin-Lindros
Antropov-Spezza-Gaborik

MacInnis-Bouwmeester
Rafalski-Aucoin
Tarnstrom-Delmore

Brodeur
Luongo
Biron

I MIGHT be interested in moving a tender if the offer is good....

PhillyNucksFan
10-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Here we have my team...

Sturm-Demitra-Kovalev
York-Yashin-Lindros
Antropov-Spezza-Gaborik

MacInnis-Bouwmeester
Rafalski-Aucoin
Tarnstrom-Delmore

Brodeur
Luongo
Biron

I MIGHT be interested in moving a tender if the offer is good....

Doan/Stillman for your Broduer??

IceMelter
10-04-2003, 04:27 PM
checking now

BTW, a note.

Trades are encouraged, but sometimes, if you get ripped off in a trade, i.e. Bertuzzi for Svehla (retired).. and u clicked "accept trade" accidentally, I can reverse trades for you under some circumstances, proving that you did accidentally trade your top player for a retired one, and the other guy tried to rip you off, or your computer was down and made the decision and etc.

Like my Potvin for Forsberg proposal :P, hey it was worth a shot

PhillyNucksFan
10-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Like my Potvin for Forsberg proposal :P, hey it was worth a shot

ya, but what i meant was, under normal circumstances, a decent knowledge NHL fan knows its not gonna happen.. and sometimes, like me, my comp almost just screwed up... so it could send the wrong trade..

and i assume the 10 teams we have.. may not compete everynight.. but we all decent to well knowledged about the NHL.. :)

just afraid it could come to that and someone posting saying.. "damn this guy just traded Tverdovsky for my Bertuzzi!!!!! "

:joker:

I Hate You All*
10-04-2003, 04:54 PM
i dont think so.

I didnt set the league in a way that commissioner has the power to reject any trade.. which means.. be careful of what you click on.. because once you click on accept trades.. its done.. so.. if u accidentally traded your entire team for 1 player.. it could happen.. :)

ya.. if you set the pre-ranking according to your preference.. you'd be find in the draft.. as long as yahoo dont pick those ranked high, but retired players. such as.. Svehla.. Tverdovsky.( in russia). kekeke

There are still quite a few decent pickups available in the free agent pool now.. :)0
better than non-playing players at least~

Awesome. I just tried to dump three guys (Tverdovsky included) and pick up well... three that are better. It says the deals are "pending until Oct 5 11:59pm PT;" hopefully they all go through. If they do, I took a chance on one by dumping age, experience, and the fact that the player is playing for a Western Conference powerhouse, for youth that plays for a weak Eastern Conference team but was still able to light it up last season (and hopefully improve again this season).

The other two deals should be sound upgrades.

If these go through I'll be super happy. I also hope Hasek can return to form soon and that his return will rejuvenate Cheli and bring him closer back to his 2001-2002 form. heh heh
Not very likely, but... ;)

myrocketsgotcracked
10-04-2003, 08:43 PM
this is my team

kovalchuk-sakic-jagr
morozov-richards-selanne
zetterberg-datsyuk-sykora
bench: williams, chistov, reinprecht

morris-pronger
ohlund-stuart
brewer-skoula
phillips

khabibulin
nabokov
osgood

PhillyNucksFan
10-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Players UP for trade:
Holmstrom, Tomas (LW-Det)
Scatchard, Dave (C-NYI)
Friesen, Jeff (LW-NJ)
Savard, Marc (C-Atl) C
Nieuwendyk, Joe (C-Tor)

Looking for a G

Doan/Stillman can be touched if G in return is a top line goalie OR a decent G + decent D...

I'm pretty much ready to go into the season with what I have, and I am pretty satisfied with the l/u, except G.

and Black Ace..

straight Stillman for Salo, I am not too sure, because Stillman is the one or 2 scoring LW I have... for him, I'd like more than T. Salo.. :)

thanks.

myrocketsgotcracked
10-05-2003, 12:32 AM
nobody is untouchable on my team, i would trade any player for brodeur/forsberg :teach:
although to get sakic or jagr from me, you'll have to make me an offer i cant refuse :D

IceMelter
10-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Everyone's available on my team for the right deal.

cyrisweb
10-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Cougers I still want that player I proposed about. Check my counterproposal out. Let's get a deal done.

Kind of interested in your last proposal.. But I'll need to give it some thought..

PhillyNucksFan
10-07-2003, 12:12 PM
I like my deal with Mecca!!

Got a good D in return and a solid G!!
I believe I have enough scoring up front to cover the loss of Gagne/Doan.

I LOVE MY TEAM!!..

I am open to trade for ALL players on my roster except Weight/Forsberg/Lidstrom/Zubov/Hatcher. UNLESS its a really good deal I cant refuse with a G that WILL get 30-35 wins for sure!

Anything goes!

My new Team

Forsberg-Weight-Murray
Stillman-Madden-Lengenbrunner
Friesen-Neuwendyk-Dvorak

Reserves: M. Savard, N. Kapanen, Scatchard, Holmstrom.

Lidstrom-Zubov
Hatcher-Poti
Boucher-Hamrlik

No D reserve.

Goalies:

Aebischer, Turek, Salo

Again, all players available for right deal.

kmad
10-07-2003, 08:13 PM
Sergei Fedorov, Mike Modano is my untouchable list

damn I wish I showed up for the draft, and damn I wish I didn't accidentally hit accept for the Jokinen trade

IceMelter
10-07-2003, 08:44 PM
You want him back, he's on waivers. I'm out. I'm not playing a ****ing pool where I work hard to build a team and get screwed over by PhillyNucks and Academics who isn't playing the game anyways. Good luck boys.

I don't blame you, I was surpised to see it myself.

PhillyNucksFan
10-07-2003, 11:30 PM
bah, I made a bold trade proposal to the guy, and he accepts it, and I even emailed him 3x before I offered a trade proposal.

What the, people cant make bold proposals to other people?? I just saw the trade got through right now 1am!

I dont know whats up with him, but hey, if you guys think the only way to be in a league is to have no more than 3 or 4 marquee players, fine!

Except Hossa/Turco, I drafted every player on my team, and I am god damn satisfied with who I have.

The team I had was posted a few posts earlier before this one.

God

PhillyNucksFan
10-07-2003, 11:40 PM
I just found out that there is an option that other GM can reject a trade between certain teams.

But if we do this, then each trade will have to go through every GM, meaning every person has to click Accept for the trade to go through, which is a nice option ONLY IF all players at least check the yahoo every couple days..

Should I turn this on then or what??

maybe I should have said only "decently NHL knowledged " players to join.. sigh.. never thought this be that big a bust

PhillyNucksFan
10-07-2003, 11:42 PM
You want him back, he's on waivers. I'm out. I'm not playing a ****ing pool where I work hard to build a team and get screwed over by PhillyNucks and Academics who isn't playing the game anyways. Good luck boys.

Bah, I build a good team too, and I screw up? Well, maybe I should make this a league where every GM has to go through, I can return players if people in league too lopsided. Oh, and give u back the players originally on your team that you have.

I just want to have fun playing my first fantasy game, and not trying to screw up anything, because I am personally really looking forward to compete with you people.

:( :(

PhillyNucksFan
10-08-2003, 01:49 AM
Your logic is hilarious, Philly. While I don't doubt that you did offer this guy your benchwarmers for two first rate players, you know as well as I that he isn't playing the game. Up until your big "fair and square trade" he still had Heatley, Svehla, among others on his roster. If you look at his roster right now you'll see everyone you gave him is still on the bench and he has a bunch of holes up front. This guy doesn't give a **** about the game and you used that to your advantage, which if this is the way you want this game to be played is fine. But it's not fair to the others. As for me, I lost interest in the fairness of competition when I saw that trade. And I'm sure a bunch of others did too. Anyways, it's your pool, do what you want, I've already joined another pool.

Fair enough.

I dont want the game to be played this way. You could have a better approach dealing with this. I can trade back for whoever I traded for. I dont care as long as the league is played as a league is supposed to play. Instead, you went ahead and drop everyone and make a big fuzz about this like a 10 year old. I agree I tried to take advantage, but I didn't think he would care about playing this less. My mistake, I appologize. This was supposed to be fun. To be honest with you, the proposal was just for fun, didnt think it would go through and I wanted to take off the proposal today after work tonight ( Which by the way, the proposal only lasted less than 20 hours), then the first thing I see is you making a big fuzz. Bah, have it your way, and grow up.

PhillyNucksFan
10-08-2003, 01:55 AM
Forgot to add. I guess this league is done then.

:(

and I cant delete team!?!

bah..

kmad
10-25-2003, 01:19 PM
Brashear / Koivu / Heatley
Leclerc / Nylander / Bure
Hecht / Zhamnov / Lindros

Extras: Fisher, Sillinger, Boguniecki

Leetch - Khavanov
Boughner - Carney
Salvador - MacInnis