Roszival Out Two Months

The Tang
10-02-2003, 04:49 PM
http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/team/press/arts/503.0.php

had surgery today, out for two months they say.
well, whats its going to be? Scuderi, Lupo, waiver pick up?

Robert Paulson*
10-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Oh boy.. but whats new I guess..:rolleyes:

Roszival just cannot catch a break, I feel so bad for the guy, hopefully he recovers quickly and comes back with a streak on NO INJURIES..

My guess would be Lupaschuk, if he can't play D like he should then I would have to go with Boileau, then maybe Scuderi

BINGOV
10-02-2003, 06:23 PM
Oh boy.. but whats new I guess..:rolleyes:

Roszival just cannot catch a break, I feel so bad for the guy, hopefully he recovers quickly and comes back with a streak on NO INJURIES..

My guess would be Lupaschuk, if he can't play D like he should then I would have to go with Boileau, then maybe Scuderi

CP might be tempted to pick-up one of Mattias Timander, Todd Simpson or Pavel Trnka. Is Lupaschuk ready? Remember the Pens need someone that log Rozsival minutes.

spence___
10-02-2003, 06:44 PM
CP might be tempted to pick-up one of Mattias Timander, Todd Simpson or Pavel Trnka. Is Lupaschuk ready? Remember the Pens need someone that log Rozsival minutes.

Timander and Simpson cost too much. I just dont know what we'd do with Trnka once Melichar and Rozsival come back, so a callup is the most likely (hopefully Scuderi or Lupashuck).

Big McLargehuge
10-02-2003, 06:45 PM
Personally I'd rather use one of Lupaschuk or Scuderi than add another player.

If we were though, Timander is pretty decent. That or we could go for a collection of Simpsons.

Doofis_L_Hipster
10-02-2003, 08:03 PM
http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/team/press/arts/503.0.php

had surgery today, out for two months they say.
well, whats its going to be? Scuderi, Lupo, waiver pick up?

Lupaschuk was pretty dominant offensively, but still wasn't sharp defensively. And his positioning one-on-one is just horrid.

Scuds didn't really stand out, but with his style of play, that means he didn't make that many glaring mistakes.

A waiver pickup is possible, if Patrick wants to pick up more salary.

I wouldn't rule out Patrick Boileau. He didn't have a bad camp and has the tools to be a decent 5/6 defencemen. Which isn't going to bowl anyone over, but he does have more NHL experience than the aforementioned candidates and was probably more impressive over the camp/preseason.

Tarnstrom, Berehowsky, Orpik, Bergevin, Focht, Boileau and maybe Melichar. If Orpik and Focht are quick learners it might not be as horrible as all the 'experts' make it out to be, but I don't think it'll make anyone green with envy.

Darth Vitale
10-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Trnka is solid on D, big guy too. He'd be a great pick up if they can afford him. Otherwise, I hope Lupy gets the call. He needs the ice time.

Evilo
10-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Ross time...

Pensfan66
10-02-2003, 09:43 PM
I am holding out hope we get Simpson Just to give opposing forwards a little fear when they come near our crease. It also doesn't hurt to add a former captain to our lineup for more leadership which we could always use more of.

kutdacheez
10-03-2003, 04:48 AM
I am holding out hope we get Simpson Just to give opposing forwards a little fear when they come near our crease. It also doesn't hurt to add a former captain to our lineup for more leadership which we could always use more of.

Now that Edzo has almost put out McKenna's eye (I hope he's okay, really) but don't the lord work in mysterious ways sometimes? :rolleyes:

(I'll pay for that one)

Rozsival, Melichar on the shelf and who know's what mckenna injury brings IMO is a reason to select Todd Simpson. In all seriousness, the marketing of the X-Generation and the Simpsons could be a classic, let alone the toughness the two can bring that this team that is really missing, in my very humble opinion. Even with McKenna in the lineup.

Selecting Todd Simpson and calling up Lupaschuk and then putting Buckley on the waiver list would be my choice right now. It's rolling a the dice a little with Todd Simpson more because of his concussion problems than anything else.

Doofis_L_Hipster
10-03-2003, 05:50 AM
Rozsival, Melichar on the shelf and who know's what mckenna injury brings IMO is a reason to select Todd Simpson. In all seriousness, the marketing of the X-Generation and the Simpsons could be a classic, let alone the toughness the two can bring that this team that is really missing, in my very humble opinion. Even with McKenna in the lineup.

Selecting Todd Simpson and calling up Lupaschuk and then putting Buckley on the waiver list would be my choice right now. It's rolling a the dice a little with Todd Simpson more because of his concussion problems than anything else.

At $1.5 million for Todd Simpson, I'll pass.

And don't overlook Boileau. He's shown more consistency than Lupaschuk and isn't a slouch offensively. He can come in and do the job for now.

SuburbanRhythm
10-03-2003, 07:23 AM
Anyone have any idea what Trnka is making? Or Dykhuis?

Simpson $1.5 (taking from above) and Timander $1.4 (from prior post).

Both seem a little high.

Anyone have any insight as to why NYI are exposing Timander? I know he's not a stud D, but after their top 4, they are pretty weak. I guess $1.4 is a little steep for a #5 D, but he's a bigger guy, crease clearer, which God knows we need.

Plus, we had some OK success plucking someone from NYI last year.

But, I don't know if he'll be around. Waiver rules stipulate you can not claim a player from a team within your division in the first round. So, he'd need to last until #16.