Matt Murley

nordique
10-02-2003, 05:27 PM
As a Leafs fan, what's the book on Murley? Is he expected to stick all year as a 3rd-line kind of guy?

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
10-02-2003, 06:03 PM
He has pretty much made the team, on either the 3rd or 2nd line.

Doofis_L_Hipster
10-02-2003, 07:58 PM
As a Leafs fan, what's the book on Murley? Is he expected to stick all year as a 3rd-line kind of guy?

Matt Murley is a pretty good young player. He's big and has shown some toughness and played a lot of D earlier in his career. One of the best things I noticed about Murley was his moves down low. Murley once drove to the net, took a pass and totally deked Fleury one day in practice when Fleury didn't get beat that cleanly all day. He can play left wing or center, and as I mentioned, probably even a little defense on an emergency basis. He isn't the fastest skater, but positionally he seems smart and with experience he's only going to improve.

I'm glad he sticked.

AJ1982
10-03-2003, 06:32 AM
Matt Murley is a pretty good young player. He's big and has shown some toughness and played a lot of D earlier in his career. One of the best things I noticed about Murley was his moves down low. Murley once drove to the net, took a pass and totally deked Fleury one day in practice when Fleury didn't get beat that cleanly all day. He can play left wing or center, and as I mentioned, probably even a little defense on an emergency basis. He isn't the fastest skater, but positionally he seems smart and with experience he's only going to improve.

I'm glad he sticked.

Murley is a strong skater, not particularly fast but very strong on his skates. He's got a good shot as well, and he can be pretty nasty along the boards using his strength and balance to fight for the puck. He isn't particularly tall, listed at 6'1 but he's probably 6'0 tops. Even so he has a very strong legs, his upper body strength was the concern when he was drafted in 99 but he's been working on that.

Mr Brownstone
10-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Can anyone fill me in on Murley's salary?