Rene Vydareny

Waveburner
10-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Just a thought on Vydareny...

Last camp the Canucks decided that Komarniski's size/speed and defensive awareness could really be put to better use as a forward, rather than a d-man. It worked out quite well, and he has become one of the hardest hitting players in the Canuck system on the forecheck.

Do you think converting Rene to forward could have a similar effect? He is a tremendous skater, with good size, especially for a forward. One would assume his time on D gives him an edge defensively on most other prospects. In fact, was he not converted from forward to defense in Slovakia? I know the Moose forward corps is quite deep, but I think it is an interesting experiment. He has not developed as expected on D. Maybe a change would help?

Feedback?

Mizral
10-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Just a thought on Vydareny...

Last camp the Canucks decided that Komarniski's size/speed and defensive awareness could really be put to better use as a forward, rather than a d-man. It worked out quite well, and he has become one of the hardest hitting players in the Canuck system on the forecheck.

Do you think converting Rene to forward could have a similar effect? He is a tremendous skater, with good size, especially for a forward. One would assume his time on D gives him an edge defensively on most other prospects. In fact, was he not converted from forward to defense in Slovakia? I know the Moose forward corps is quite deep, but I think it is an interesting experiment. He has not developed as expected on D. Maybe a change would help?

Feedback?

Moving a defeseman to forward is a well known coaching tactic to say very tactfully, 'You are playing like crap, but we still have uses for you'.

I don't think Komisarek has been any better since his move to forward. In fact, I think he's regressed - he's a good checker, but that's it. I mean, he isn't even a big scorer in the AHL.

I don't feel Vydarney has anything to offer at forward.

Waveburner
10-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Moving a defeseman to forward is a well known coaching tactic to say very tactfully, 'You are playing like crap, but we still have uses for you'.

I don't think Komisarek has been any better since his move to forward. In fact, I think he's regressed - he's a good checker, but that's it. I mean, he isn't even a big scorer in the AHL.

I don't feel Vydarney has anything to offer at forward.

He was rewarded with a one game call-up last season, something that would never have happened if he was still playing D. I think Komarniski is a much better forward personally.

PecaFan
10-02-2003, 08:03 PM

Nice freudian slip there. :joker: