Need to separate the Sedins

orcatown
10-02-2003, 10:05 PM
IMO it is increasingly clear that Hank has moved significantly ahead of Dan. Hank has been arguably the best forward in the preseason. Daniel has been OK. Throughout their time here they've been dealt with as an entry. It's time to consider them separately and include them in the lineup based upon their own merit.

If I was forced to choose between Daniel and King I 'd take King at this point. He better on the puck, he faster and equally as good defensively. Really I don't see it as much of a decision. However, because Daniel is so inexorably linked to his brother, he gets the position. It has become axiomatic that if Hank is put on a line so then Daniel must also be on that line. I think it should be based on what is best for the club. If Hank has pulled away from his brother and Daniel is not as good as others that can be put with Hank then he should not be there.

In the end I see a line of Arvedsson (leftwing), H. Sedin and King (rightwing) as preferable to one with D. Sedin, especially if you are also asking Daniel to switch wings. In the end you have the following lines

WCE
Arved. H. Sedin King
Cooke Chub. Linden
May Lindgren Keane/Ruutu

If that's our best line up (and I think it is) then D. Sedin sits. There is no way he gets in only because we don't want ot break up the Sedins or because his brother is in the lineup.

SedinFan*
10-02-2003, 10:09 PM
Daniel and Henrik have both had a PHENOMINAL preseason and training camp.

Why split them up now?

nuksforlife
10-03-2003, 05:15 AM
Daniel and Henrik have both had a PHENOMINAL preseason and training camp.

Why split them up now?

I agree, lets wait and see if they can continue their good play into the regular season, don't split them yet!! They are looking good!!

makita
10-03-2003, 05:32 AM
There were some interesting comments made during the Sharks broadcast last night concerning the Sedins and their play with Arvedson. In particular it was noted that Arvedson, while playing with the Sedins, was breaking through the neutral zone with speed, a number of times, and calling for the puck, but wasn't getting it.

One of the glaring deficiencies in the Sedins' game is their lack of footspeed and as a result their complete inability to generate chances off the rush. In light of that, I couldn't agree with orcatown more. It is sounding more and more like Henrik is surpassing his brother. Henrik sees the ice well and passes very well. Perhaps by giving him two speedy wingers to work with, in effect two individuals whom he can feed on the fly, the Canucks will then have a bona fide second line, with the wingers speed complementing Henrik's playmaking abilities. In fact, it may be the way to allow Henrik to much more quickly realize his full pontential, rather than predicate his development on the play of Daniel.

Mr. Canucklehead
10-03-2003, 05:57 AM
Um...yeah, I think Scott hit the nail on the head. Both the Sedins have had an excellent camp thus far, and it looks as if they're both ready to take on the season. Let's wait and see how they do.

~Canucklehead~