Contract for Horton & Taticek

Thunderheart
10-03-2003, 04:12 AM
It appears that Dudley & Cohen are not ready to open wallets for either player. As a season ticket holder, this will be my last season if we do not sign at least Horton because of $$$. Horton has been one of our best players in the pre-season & Dudley has said that we will put our best team on the ice. I believe in financial responsibility but the Panthers organization owes to the long-time fans & supporters to put the best possible team on the ice! what happened to the Bure money? Small increases to Jokinen & Kozlov and bringing in some older players with small contracts.
Dudley is already starting to put a spin on not being able to sign the young players....Dudley & Cohen do not have to take a backseat to any politicians!! :joker:
I'm afraid the worst is going to happen....
Thunderheart

Chaos2k7
10-03-2003, 04:44 AM
It appears that Dudley & Cohen are not ready to open wallets for either player. As a season ticket holder, this will be my last season if we do not sign at least Horton because of $$$. Horton has been one of our best players in the pre-season & Dudley has said that we will put our best team on the ice. I believe in financial responsibility but the Panthers organization owes to the long-time fans & supporters to put the best possible team on the ice! what happened to the Bure money? Small increases to Jokinen & Kozlov and bringing in some older players with small contracts.
Dudley is already starting to put a spin on not being able to sign the young players....Dudley & Cohen do not have to take a backseat to any politicians!! :joker:
I'm afraid the worst is going to happen....
Thunderheart

:rolleyes:

Yeah right...

I would really want to pay these guys 5 million a year before they even find out how good they are for a full season. I beleieve they have earned a spot, but, I am not willing to be held captive by those outrageous rookie contracts. If they are that good they will be compensated accordingly after their entry level contract expires.

For every Martin Havlat (In other words, a steal of a entry level contract) there is a Alex Daigle.

I am not saying that Horton is similar to either but, we should not just hand them the bonuses either. If they earn it, great, but let's not hand them crazy contracts that basically pay them over the top sums of money. Jokinen only gets 2.1 million this year. He is a former 3rd overall pick. What is the difference? Oh yeah, Jokinen has actually produced in the NHL. But let's give Horton more money in a lesser role.

Makes sense to me.

The organization by FAR, does not owe you any signings of players. Stick with your team regardless.

I won't root for them anymore unless they bring in Modano.

:rolleyes:

Give me a break.

CatscratchFever
10-03-2003, 05:11 AM
First of all, it's not handing them 5 mil.. They have to earn it...

And for them to raise their base salary of like 1.2-5 mil to 5.. that would be huge accomplishments... and well worth the money...

Management needs to get off their ***** and sign at least one of them.

I'm a season ticket holder and I feel this teams needs Horton. Send Weiss' sorry ass out.. or trade Novo and Shidvki...

If Horton plays, he'll prove to be better than the 3 mentoned above...