4 More Reassigned (including Alexeev)

missK
10-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Per TBL.com:

Assigned right wings Nikita Alexeev and Shane Willis and defenseman Pascal Trepanier to Hershey of the American Hockey League; assigned left wing Jimmie Olvestad to Hamilton of the AHL.

Well, that would make the roster currently at 24 players (including the loss of Keefe). One more cut to be made for the final roster of 23.

The total salary of the 24 players left is $34,664,579.00.

If the PS&E budget is between $33-34 million, the only 2 players who have salaries large enough to drop the salary total down below $34 million are Afanasenkov ($800K) and Svitov ($1.13M).

My guess is Affy's gone to the AHL after tomorrow night's game.

missK
10-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Today's Trib says Affy won't be going to the AHL and "The only spot that remains to be determined is the fourth- line center, which has come down to Alex Svitov and Martin Cibak "

http://bolts.tbo.com/lightning/MGA4FVA2DLD.html

petec1978*
10-03-2003, 09:09 PM
::shaking head::

Dastardly Dimitry Afanasenkov, the original Russian cowboy. Rising from the ashes like a phoenix... mind you he only is doing that rising on the offensive side of the red line. Amazing. From banishment to the Kloten Flyers of the Swiss league to the NHL. I've seen it all now. I wouldn't have even re-signed the guy this summer he's been so bad the last 2 seasons.

Pigs have taken flight... from Jay Feaster's ample behind no less.

-Pete Choquette

Erack82
10-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Stealing my heading from the SSN boards are we missK? :) :p

missK
10-04-2003, 10:14 AM
Stealing my heading from the SSN boards are we missK? :) :p

Yes sir!! I did wait a couple hours to see if you were posting it here.... :D

aapbolt
10-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Ok, it sounds to me like Willis is the first call-up when Affy resorts to his true form, and Svitov gets sent down so he can work on his game and Cibak stays. At least i think, what a guessing game. How interesting. Does anyone think a trade is brewing?

petec1978*
10-05-2003, 12:48 PM
Ok, it sounds to me like Willis is the first call-up when Affy resorts to his true form

::shakes head::

A Cheetah can't change its spots. Willis will never see the light of day in Tampa again so long as Feaster is GM and Torts is coach. IMO, if Affy starts stinking up the joint... the loser of the Svitov/Cibak duel, Eero Somervuori, and Eric Perrin will all be ahead of Shane in line to get a callup.

-Pete Choquette

joeminus
10-05-2003, 07:06 PM
::shakes head::

A Cheetah can't change its spots. Willis will never see the light of day in Tampa again so long as Feaster is GM and Torts is coach. IMO, if Affy starts stinking up the joint... the loser of the Svitov/Cibak duel, Eero Somervuori, and Eric Perrin will all be ahead of Shane in line to get a callup.

-Pete Choquette

Not to mention "future core player" Nikita Alexeev.

Sigh.

Sotnos
10-05-2003, 07:18 PM
A Cheetah can't change its spots. Willis will never see the light of day in Tampa again so long as Feaster is GM and Torts is coach.
Eh, not necessarily, but we'll see what happens I guess. It did sound like they anticipated a quick callup for Somervuori. I'm as mystified as anyone as to why we're jerking Willis around, but I want to continue to hope he'll get a callup. By the time we needed one last year, he was injured.

Not to mention "future core player" Nikita Alexeev.
Ugh. I don't even want to hear his name right now, especially not in that context! :p ;)

Rschmitz
10-06-2003, 12:52 PM
I hope/think Svitov gets sent down to work on his game. Its sending the wrong impression by letting him stay up when it was blatantly obvious that he did not come in ready to contribute; and making two identicaly stupid plays in consecutive games didn't merit him lasting this long in camp anyways. gg Svitov hello Cibak

Hows the roster look so far btw?