Manitoba Moose

IceMelter
10-04-2003, 08:48 AM
won their first preseason game against the RoadRunners.

Jokela (Obsut) 7:04 1st Period
Nielsen (Burrows, Roy) 11:18 1st Period
Fedorov (unassisted) 12:57 1st Period
Nolan (Reid) 1:14 2nd Period (shg)

They won 4-2

Good to see they are on the right track so far

Mizral
10-04-2003, 09:17 AM

They won 4-2

Great! Can anyone come out here and tell us the lines?

Also, any chance that our residant Manitoba Moose fans could give us weekly updates on the website?

nucks2001
10-04-2003, 09:32 AM
good to see Nolan and Fedorov get goals

fergo
10-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Lines are unfortunately hard to come by for this game (and tonight's game) because the exhibition games are taking place in Thunder Bay, Ontario, and the games aren't broadcast. Tonight is the final preseason game (the Moose only had three, including their intrasquad game), and they start their season at home on October 11th versus the St. John's Maple Leafs (where they finally begin their radio broadcasts).

I do write-ups the day after each game at my site (which can be found in my profile), and I also report on any transactions or anything like that within the Moose organization.

Fedz
10-04-2003, 12:14 PM

They won 4-2

Damn, Im glad to see him there, he'll be one of the leading scorers for the moose, IMO!

Puckhound
10-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Damn, Im glad to see him there, he'll be one of the leading scorers for the moose, IMO!

Hasn't made the team yet and it won't be easy. He had a lot of penalty minutes last year in the ECHL. Yet he doesn't seem to have the size to be an enforcer. Had a good final year in the Q but didn't have many points last year in ECHL and played for 2 teams. Not a great resume but stats obviously don't tell the whole story.

Fedz
10-04-2003, 04:00 PM
It's not just that, he gets the job done, when called apon!

fergo
10-04-2003, 04:45 PM
Not to be mean, but he'll probably be lucky to make the Moose lineup. There are 11 returning forwards from last season, then add in Kesler, Schultz, and possibly Nolan (and by some fluke, Umberger)......that's 14 (15) guys he's got in front of him. So he'll have to really impress to even get with Manitoba. Not saying it won't happen, but what makes him stand out from any other guy in training camp? Also, you have to factor in what Manitoba might be looking for in their lineup. It might not be a scorer they're looking for, but an enforcer (which is why guys like Andre Payette and Jason Lehoux are there). At 175 pounds, Burrows would be hard-pressed not to get pounded around.

And no offense, but he won't be one of Manitoba's leading scorers if he made the team. He put up okay numbers in the ECHL, but nothing spectacular, meaning he probably won't rack up a ton of points in the "A".

IceMelter
10-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Players cut from the Moose, assigned to ECHL.. includes Schultz, and no Nolan!

http://www.moosehockey.com/news/press_releases2.php?press_id=36

Jason Lehoux got a pro tryout contract.

canucksfan
10-05-2003, 03:16 PM
Players cut from the Moose, assigned to ECHL.. includes Schultz, and no Nolan!

http://www.moosehockey.com/news/press_releases2.php?press_id=36

Jason Lehoux got a pro tryout contract.
I'm not surprized that Nolan didn't get cut he is a very good player. Schultz doesn't surprize me.

Puckhound
10-05-2003, 06:14 PM
I'm not surprized that Nolan didn't get cut he is a very good player. Schultz doesn't surprize me.

Smyl is very happy with what Nolan did in the 2 games vs Toronto.