Canucks Defense!

Fedz
10-04-2003, 09:26 PM
Now, considering your apparently so low on defense, why not look at this

we have Allen, Sopel, and Slegr, that could all be moved, which all three are imo, an upgrade over your number 6 at the moment...what would you guys give?

Brodie562
10-04-2003, 10:25 PM
I'd only want Sopel or Allen. Maybe a draft pick with Lappy/Chartrand/Sim. take your pick.

monster_bertuzzi
10-04-2003, 10:31 PM
What about dealing us Belanger ;)?

Brodie562
10-04-2003, 10:58 PM
We don't really have forwards to spare. We have role players like Sim, Chartrand, Lappy, etc. but I expect Belanger to be healthy and play around 75 games for 23g-27a thats why i wouldn't want to trade him.

wabwat
10-05-2003, 10:44 AM

i once thought eric would be a very good tradeable asset, but he aint goin' no place at least until cammy and aulin are healthy... then the logjam begins again.

agentfouser
10-05-2003, 01:38 PM

the price that you would be willing to pay for belanger is not close to what he is worth to us. he is a very good third line center who can put up 15 to 20 goals (over 82 games) from the third line even if he's the only offensive talent on that line. he's good on faceoffs, and plays with some bite. furthermore, he's young and cheap, and a product of the kings system and andy murray's tutelage from day one, and i daresay a fan favorite. i feel that he is an absolutely pivotal player to this lineup.

however, he doesn't have a lot of trade value because (1) he's injury prone and misses about 20 games per year. (2) his numbers aren't stellar; his worth must be measured well beyond 15 to 20 goals. (3) i am one of the few who thinks that he still has untapped upside that will show itself this year.