Shvidki on waivers

PanthersRule96
10-05-2003, 07:26 AM
Denis and alot of otehr players on on waivers so they can be sent to the minors. I think Denis is officailly gone in S FLA.

Cyclops II*
10-05-2003, 07:35 AM
Denis and alot of otehr players on on waivers so they can be sent to the minors. I think Denis is officailly gone in S FLA.

The two stooges (DUDley and Keenan) strike again.

Mogo
10-05-2003, 09:37 AM
This one is gonna bite us hard in the arse..... :rant: :rant:

FIRE SALE!!!! EVERYTHING FREE!!!! I'm having flashbacks at Torrey times..

Blatny Spears
10-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Hasn't Shvidki pretty much been a bust? I'd hold out hope for him if he were tearing up the minors, but he hasn't been doing that either.

I wouldn't stress it.

Howard35
10-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Hasn't Shvidki pretty much been a bust? I'd hold out hope for him if he were tearing up the minors, but he hasn't been doing that either.

I wouldn't stress it.

so was jokinen up till last year, so obviously anything can happen.......

ginner classic
10-05-2003, 11:53 AM
Look for Shvidki to be future considerations in the Shields deal once he passes through waivers. I don't think anyoe is going to want his 1.2 million salary without being able to send him down to the minors at will.

patastrophe
10-06-2003, 03:18 AM
you know, in this case, i dont think the dudley/keenan bashing is appropriate. shvidki has NEVER, once again NEVER!!!!, performed at the pro level. and if you look at his junior stats, he only really had one good to great year of junior. otherwise hes been average or less than average.

face it guys, this was a crappy first round pick, and four (five?) years is enough.

the comparison to jokinen is apples vs. oranges. shvidki spent his entire development with one team, no pressure, drama or distractions.

all hes proven is that he's injury prone, and he cant score against ahl or nhl goalies.

to be honest, im not that high on novoseltsev either, but at least he skates like mad, and doesnt mind backchecking now and then.

Cyclops II*
10-06-2003, 04:42 AM
so was jokinen up till last year, so obviously anything can happen.......

And Jokinen would have been a bust if Keenan hadn't been hired. Once he became a Keenan favorite he was guaranteed a spot no matter how bad he played. If a player doesn't have to worry about being benched after one mistake he will play much more confidently.
Shvidki on the other hand knows that because he doesn't play a power forward game he won't make the team no matter what he does. He won't make the NHL unless he escapes the Panthers.
Obviously a team that wastes a whole preseason giving a waste like Hoglund a tryout isn't the greatest evaluator of talent. Why does it take the whole exhibition season to decide Hoglund's fate?

Chaos2k7
10-06-2003, 04:51 AM
And Jokinen would have been a bust if Keenan hadn't been hired. Once he became a Keenan favorite he was guaranteed a spot no matter how bad he played. If a player doesn't have to worry about being benched after one mistake he will play much more confidently.
Shvidki on the other hand knows that because he doesn't play a power forward game he won't make the team no matter what he does. He won't make the NHL unless he escapes the Panthers.
Obviously a team that wastes a whole preseason giving a waste like Hoglund a tryout isn't the greatest evaluator of talent. Why does it take the whole exhibition season to decide Hoglund's fate?

Because Hoglund had visa problems and showed up quite late to camp. Whereas Shvidki had a full rookie camp and a full training camp to prove himself. If anything, they gave Shvidki the longer look.

:rolly:

Cyclops II*
10-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Because Hoglund had visa problems and showed up quite late to camp. Whereas Shvidki had a full rookie camp and a full training camp to prove himself. If anything, they gave Shvidki the longer look.

:rolly:

Playing him in scrimmages is not a longer look. Shvidki got in one exhibition game before he was demoted while Hoglund played in 3 games, presumably on the 1st line.

Note that his stats were very good until he got Keenan as a coach.
He may be a bit fragile and might have already been a regular when Keenan took over if not for untimely injuries.

Acadmus
10-06-2003, 05:11 AM
And Jokinen would have been a bust if Keenan hadn't been hired. Once he became a Keenan favorite he was guaranteed a spot no matter how bad he played.

You know, the situations aren't exactly the same. Jokinen was a high draft pick (#3 overall, wasn't it?) who was predicted to be a dominant force in the league who was rushed right in to the NHL and proceeded to start ok and progressively get worse. Keenan picked him as a "project" because he could see Olli was working his heart out but was just feeling so pressured that he'd overthink, make a mistake, and then his coach would bench him so that he couldn't make up for it. The repeated punishment for every mistake got him even further wound up, since he knew every error would lead to a lack of icetime. Keenan came in, made it clear Olli was #1 and wouldn't be benched for every little thing, and Olli blossomed with the newfound confidence. Jokinen wasn't really an underachiever, per se, just too tightly wound because he wasn't getting the results he expected.

Shvidki, on the other hand, has not been impressing as someone who works hard. Keenan likely hasn't made a project of him because he isn't trying his hardest, doing the little things that Keenan expects. Without that effort, he'd never be more than a mediocre player in the league. Given his draft year, however, that is really all that could be expected of him, as that draft wasn't viewed as very deep in talent and very few players drafted that year have been outstanding. The Sedin's were the most talked about that year, and they've been serviceable 3rd liners and not much more in Vancouver despite going #2 and #3 overall. If I'm recalling correctly, Patrick Stefan went #1 overall that year, and has largely been a bust when compared to expectations for him (though he's due a promotion in icetime no doubt due to the recent unfortunate circumstances in Atlanta - I think Heatley's career is over, since he's almost certainly going to prison after he recovers from his injuries now that Snyder's died).

Basically, what I'm saying, is comparing Jokinen to Shvidki is apples to oranges. Shvidki was never projected to be the player Jokinen was, and wasn't working as hard to live up to his potential anyway. He'll go to the minors, and if he works hard and puts up numbers expected of him, he'll get another shot. Otherwise, stick a fork in him...

patastrophe
10-07-2003, 12:21 AM
Patrick Stefan went #1 overall that year, and has largely been a bust when compared to expectations for him (though he's due a promotion in icetime no doubt due to the recent unfortunate circumstances in Atlanta - I think Heatley's career is over, since he's almost certainly going to prison after he recovers from his injuries now that Snyder's died).

realistically, heatly is going to get the typical athlete slap on the wrist and some kind of suspended sentence after he pleads down to misdemeanor charges. as long as they find for sure that no alcohol was involved, anyway.

look at mactavish...he was drunk as a skunk when he killed someone who wasnt even riding in the same car as him (and legally that does make a bit of a difference) and he went on to win multiple cups. im not sure as to how much time he did, but i think he did a year. at 22 losing a year (especially when youre losing said year to knee surgery whether you go to jail or not) means nothing.

FlaPanthers7
10-07-2003, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=Acadmus]I think Heatley's career is over, since he's almost certainly going to prison after he recovers from his injuries now that Snyder's died). QUOTE]

As a criminal defense attorney, you are jumping the gun on that comment! :teach:

Acadmus
10-07-2003, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=Acadmus]I think Heatley's career is over, since he's almost certainly going to prison after he recovers from his injuries now that Snyder's died). QUOTE]

As a criminal defense attorney, you are jumping the gun on that comment! :teach:

You think so? There's room for leniency, and I'd certainly give him a light sentence (though I still would require a year of prison if prosecutors were amenable, don't know what minimum sentencing guidelines are under Georgia's vehicular homicide law). The opportunity is here, though, to make an example of a prominent person to deter others, especially given the high-profile nature of the case. It depends on the judge.

I also know why you're saying I'm jumping the gun, since he has to get convicted first. Sorry to offend, but the only way he'll get out of a conviction is if an absolute weasel of a defense attorney manages to convince a jury that it's okay because "he says he's sorry." I know Heatley's suffered a lot for this, but we can't allow a breakdown of law say that it's enough and he doesn't need to be punished more. It's not because he hasn't learned his lesson, but because others will look at this example and decide it's okay to be bad as long as you say you're sorry afterwards - doesn't really matter if you mean it. We've already got a whole generation of kids reaching adulthood now who grew up believing that.

It may seem harsh, but Heatley needs to spend a little time in prison after his recovery so people understand it is NOT okay to be reckless. And no, there's no legal reasoning that says doing 80 on a neighborhood street is okay. Personally, I'd only forgive Heatley's actions if he accepts responsibility for them and all that entails, and then, afterward, works to prove he's learned his lesson.

That would actually be a pretty good story, you know. Young sports star goes to prison for causing an accident that killed a friend, then works his ass off to regain his stardom in the years afterward, eventually regaining his elite status as an older, wiser man. Could end up a better player for it.

Acadmus
10-07-2003, 10:29 AM
realistically, heatly is going to get the typical athlete slap on the wrist and some kind of suspended sentence after he pleads down to misdemeanor charges. as long as they find for sure that no alcohol was involved, anyway.

look at mactavish...he was drunk as a skunk when he killed someone who wasnt even riding in the same car as him (and legally that does make a bit of a difference) and he went on to win multiple cups. im not sure as to how much time he did, but i think he did a year. at 22 losing a year (especially when youre losing said year to knee surgery whether you go to jail or not) means nothing.

A year means something if you're not able to work out or follow a health program for a whole year, and don't skate at all for that time. It's not unrecoverable, though, which is the difference between 1 and 5 years.

Didn't know about MacTavish, but it isn't necessarily comparable, as it depends heavily upon the jury, lawyers, and the judge who passes sentence. If convicted, the judge could make an example of Heatley because of the high profile case (as I mentioned in the previous post responding to FlaPanthers7).

I understand the possibility of the typical slap on the wrist, but this is a very high profile case, and might not be an option. Prosecutors may seek more, and may get it.

By the way, we're off the topic. This thread's about Shvidki, and my point was that people are too quick to accuse Keenan of favoritism just because their favorite player isn't making the team. Keenan has always had a reputation of rewarding hard workers who get the results required of them. Shvidki apparently hasn't impressed him.

justapantherfan
10-07-2003, 10:43 AM
This one is gonna bite us hard in the arse..... :rant: :rant:

FIRE SALE!!!! EVERYTHING FREE!!!! I'm having flashbacks at Torrey times..

We didn't give away anything for free. We gave away the goods in return for some junk.

PanthersRule96
10-07-2003, 11:38 AM
A bit off topic, but what was the speed limit in the zone that Heats was going 80. He is nearly done IMO. He'll never mentally recover and his physical injuries and jail sentence will factor in and I doubt he will play in the next 5 years at least.

FlaPanthers7
10-07-2003, 03:59 PM
You think so? There's room for leniency, and I'd certainly give him a light sentence (though I still would require a year of prison if prosecutors were amenable, don't know what minimum sentencing guidelines are under Georgia's vehicular homicide law). The opportunity is here, though, to make an example of a prominent person to deter others, especially given the high-profile nature of the case. It depends on the judge.

I also know why you're saying I'm jumping the gun, since he has to get convicted first. Sorry to offend, but the only way he'll get out of a conviction is if an absolute weasel of a defense attorney manages to convince a jury that it's okay because "he says he's sorry." I know Heatley's suffered a lot for this, but we can't allow a breakdown of law say that it's enough and he doesn't need to be punished more. It's not because he hasn't learned his lesson, but because others will look at this example and decide it's okay to be bad as long as you say you're sorry afterwards - doesn't really matter if you mean it. We've already got a whole generation of kids reaching adulthood now who grew up believing that.

It may seem harsh, but Heatley needs to spend a little time in prison after his recovery so people understand it is NOT okay to be reckless. And no, there's no legal reasoning that says doing 80 on a neighborhood street is okay. Personally, I'd only forgive Heatley's actions if he accepts responsibility for them and all that entails, and then, afterward, works to prove he's learned his lesson.

That would actually be a pretty good story, you know. Young sports star goes to prison for causing an accident that killed a friend, then works his ass off to regain his stardom in the years afterward, eventually regaining his elite status as an older, wiser man. Could end up a better player for it.

I'm not offended at all, I'm cool with your opinion though I disagree with it. :)

He will hire a very good defense attorney who will poke holes at whatever evidence/technology was used to determine the car's speed. This will be a high profile case, not on Kobe's level, but still in the public eye. It's very difficult to convict celebrities too, especially when the jury pool comes from the community that pays to see you play and cheers you on. That's just a fact.

FYI Heatley has to live with the guilt that his recklessness or screw up killed a friend and teammate. He's got to face himself, Snyder's family and every other person in the locker room. That, more than anything, will make him an older, wiser person...well, hopefully. :(

Coolburn
10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Anyone know when does Shvidki officially clear waivers? That San Antonio team should be a good one with all that young talent there. Some of them will work their way back soon enough. Let's hope Shvidki is one of them.

Thewbacca
10-07-2003, 05:17 PM
I hope Valiquette gets picked up again by Edmonton. It would really hurt Lasaneussje development if we have to give him time in the AHL. Anyone, wan't to try some predicted Rampage lines? Maybe start another thread but I know its late.

panthersr#1
10-07-2003, 05:29 PM
Shvidki cleared waivers.

Svidki-Nederost-Bednar
Campbell-Weiss-Kolnik
?? -Tatickek-Beudoin
??-Green-???

Kracijek-Paul
Novak-Mcneil

I dont know the rest...not a bad team..should no really well. anyone know the rest?

Coolburn
10-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Shvidki cleared waivers.

Svidki-Nederost-Bednar
Campbell-Weiss-Kolnik
?? -Tatickek-Beudoin
??-Green-???

Kracijek-Paul
Novak-Mcneil

I dont know the rest...not a bad team..should no really well. anyone know the rest?Taticek has to be signed for him to be there so I think Green is the 3rd line center at this point. Rossiter is also still down there so he's gotta be at least a 3rd pairing guy. I'm sure guys like Goren, Birbraer, Huskins, Elliott, Morisset and Kudroc are all going to get playing time there as well.

patastrophe
10-08-2003, 02:59 AM
Shvidki apparently hasn't impressed him.

you'd be hard pressed to find anyone shvidki impressed since his last year in sarnia.

Acadmus
10-08-2003, 04:22 AM
I'm not offended at all, I'm cool with your opinion though I disagree with it. :)

He will hire a very good defense attorney who will poke holes at whatever evidence/technology was used to determine the car's speed. This will be a high profile case, not on Kobe's level, but still in the public eye. It's very difficult to convict celebrities too, especially when the jury pool comes from the community that pays to see you play and cheers you on. That's just a fact.

FYI Heatley has to live with the guilt that his recklessness or screw up killed a friend and teammate. He's got to face himself, Snyder's family and every other person in the locker room. That, more than anything, will make him an older, wiser person...well, hopefully. :(

I agree with that, but the fact is that sometimes you can't let a person be punished with just his guilt, because less guilty feeling people then say "it's okay if I do it, I won't really get punished if something bad happens." Unfortunately, that's how young people look at things.

As for his defense, if he's really remorseful, he'll get a decent defense attorney but will not fight the prospect of going to jail for some period. Truely acknowledging responsibility means accepting consequences. I'm hoping Heatley's a better person than a somewhat publicized case in my small state. In August, a 17 year-old girl driving home from a party ran into another car waiting at a stoplight, killing herself and the 15 year-old driver of the other car who was just learning how to drive, and critically injuring the mother of the 15 year-old. It was learned the girl was drunk, having a blood-alcohol of 10 times the legal limit. The young man who supplied the alcohol to her was quoted in the paper as saying he "felt responsible." But the headline for the story was that he pleaded innocent to furnishing the alcohol.

As far as poking holes in the technology used to determine the speed: you wouldn't have much of a case. It's not a speed radar that can be tricked. The damage to the vehicle would have been studied and engineers would have made a mathematical calculation regarding how fast the car would have been moving to snap it in half and cause the other wreckage to the vehicle. The evidence is more poignant when you figure in the fact that the wall he ran into was unlikely to have been moving, so its speed wouldn't be a factor.

And as an attorney, wouldn't you agree that the prosecutor will probably try to weed out as many Thrashers fans from the jury pool as possible?

Acadmus
10-08-2003, 04:33 AM
Taticek has to be signed for him to be there so I think Green is the 3rd line center at this point. Rossiter is also still down there so he's gotta be at least a 3rd pairing guy. I'm sure guys like Goren, Birbraer, Huskins, Elliott, Morisset and Kudroc are all going to get playing time there as well.

I have to think either Craig MacDonald or Byron Ritchie will get sent down, so there's your fourth forward, unless it's Ritchie and someone takes a flyer on him as he's on the waiver wire.

ginner classic
10-08-2003, 08:05 AM
you'd be hard pressed to find anyone shvidki impressed since his last year in sarnia.

I think you would bve hard pressed to find a Shvidki that ever played for Sarnia. :rolleyes:

Heimy
10-08-2003, 09:30 AM
I'm sure you meant Barrie...and you can consider yourself hard pressed. :rolly:

I believe Shvidki is an tremendous talent. I also will stick my neck out and tell you I believe he's been overlooked by each and every GM that past over him while on waivers. Sure, I don't know what those GM's knows but I'll trust my own judgement in evaluating talent.

This kid is just 22 and has lost a year of development due to a major concussion delivered by Kyle McLaren in a preseason game. Shvidki was penciled in to start on the top line at that time. There's a reason. Shvidki was ranked #1 mid-way in his draft year by central scouting. There's a reason. Shvidki has been given short shrift by Keenan and now Dudley. There must be a reason but I don't know what it could be for the life of me. Still, it doesn't change my opinion one bit. I know what I've seen.

FlaPanthers7
10-08-2003, 10:29 AM
I agree with that, but the fact is that sometimes you can't let a person be punished with just his guilt, because less guilty feeling people then say "it's okay if I do it, I won't really get punished if something bad happens." Unfortunately, that's how young people look at things.

As for his defense, if he's really remorseful, he'll get a decent defense attorney but will not fight the prospect of going to jail for some period. Truely acknowledging responsibility means accepting consequences. I'm hoping Heatley's a better person than a somewhat publicized case in my small state. In August, a 17 year-old girl driving home from a party ran into another car waiting at a stoplight, killing herself and the 15 year-old driver of the other car who was just learning how to drive, and critically injuring the mother of the 15 year-old. It was learned the girl was drunk, having a blood-alcohol of 10 times the legal limit. The young man who supplied the alcohol to her was quoted in the paper as saying he "felt responsible." But the headline for the story was that he pleaded innocent to furnishing the alcohol.

As far as poking holes in the technology used to determine the speed: you wouldn't have much of a case. It's not a speed radar that can be tricked. The damage to the vehicle would have been studied and engineers would have made a mathematical calculation regarding how fast the car would have been moving to snap it in half and cause the other wreckage to the vehicle. The evidence is more poignant when you figure in the fact that the wall he ran into was unlikely to have been moving, so its speed wouldn't be a factor.

And as an attorney, wouldn't you agree that the prosecutor will probably try to weed out as many Thrashers fans from the jury pool as possible?

I know I would if I were them! :D I don't want to get into case theories though, way off topic. But I simply have different views on what prison does to people. This will likely be a plea bargain type situation though. It doesn't seem like the Snyder family has it in for Heatley, so we'll have to wait and see how things are worked out.

As for Denis, he's been given plenty of opportunities and has yet to capitalize on them. Some say he'd be better suited for playing in the West. Maybe. He's got talent, but he has been injured and hasn't developed a Keenan-pleasing work ethic. I thought the minors really motivated Denis to prepare for this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up and given another shot during the season. It might simply be a matter of time...the kid's either a late bloomer or going to be a bust!

patastrophe
10-08-2003, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=Heimy]I'm sure you meant Barrie...and you can consider yourself hard pressed. :rolly:
QUOTE]

youre right it was barrie, so if you went to sarnia looking for shvidki fans, you would be D*MN hard pressed. LOL

i hate when i mix up major junior squads.

didnt one of our euro prospects play north american junior at sarnia? maybe novoseltsev?

Heimy
10-08-2003, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=Heimy]I'm sure you meant Barrie...and you can consider yourself hard pressed. :rolly:
QUOTE]

youre right it was barrie, so if you went to sarnia looking for shvidki fans, you would be D*MN hard pressed. LOL

i hate when i mix up major junior squads.

didnt one of our euro prospects play north american junior at sarnia? maybe novoseltsev?

Yep! Novo played for the Sting. Just ask Stingfan and he'll tell you everything you ever (or never) wanted to know about him! :joker:

Thewbacca
10-08-2003, 03:51 PM
Rampage opening night roster: http://www.sarampage.com/roster_0304.shtml

Coolburn
10-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Thx for that roster. Then it looks like Taticek was signed if he's on the opening nite roster. Why wasn't this reported at all??? :dunno:

IceKatsRHot
10-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Thx for that roster. Then it looks like Taticek was signed if he's on the opening nite roster. Why wasn't this reported at all??? :dunno:

Probably a mistake... which brings me to my next question...

Wheres Novak on the list?

Heimy
10-08-2003, 07:21 PM

I think Novak is on IR...ankle

Clash*
10-08-2003, 08:31 PM

Novak is on the Panthers' IR, but a better question is where is Kudroc? That'd make ten defensemen in San Antonio.

PanthersRule96
10-09-2003, 09:05 AM
Kudroc is out for a while with surgery I think. I know he's out, but I think untill late November.

m2k2p
10-09-2003, 09:15 AM

That's a very impressive roster for an AHL team. Nice depth for the Cats if someone gets injured obviously. I am really interested to hear about how Campbell plays since he missed almost all of training camp and did'nt get to show what he could do.

Coolburn
10-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Kudroc was listed with the Panthers tonite but scratched. So I have no idea what that means...but it seems for the meantime that he's with the Cats and not the Rampage.

Acadmus
10-13-2003, 04:42 AM
I hope you Denis Shvidki fans have noticed that, unlike last year, he seems to be trying to earn an NHL berth. Cut from the team after a poor training camp, he has 3 points in the first two games of San Antonio's season. If he keeps it up and gets his confidence back, he may just get another shot with the Panthers.

He should have been putting this effort in during the preseason. He'd not have ended up in the minors.

Heimy
10-13-2003, 04:57 AM
I hope you Denis Shvidki fans have noticed that, unlike last year, he seems to be trying to earn an NHL berth. Cut from the team after a poor training camp, he has 3 points in the first two games of San Antonio's season. If he keeps it up and gets his confidence back, he may just get another shot with the Panthers.

He should have been putting this effort in during the preseason. He'd not have ended up in the minors.

How do you know he had a poor training camp? When I saw him he looked sharp and the truth is he wasn't allowed to stay there long enough to get a fair evaluation. And what makes you think he's lacking confidence?

I don't know why, but I DO know Shvidki hasn't gotten a fair shake.

Chaos2k7
10-13-2003, 05:38 AM
How do you know he had a poor training camp? When I saw him he looked sharp and the truth is he wasn't allowed to stay there long enough to get a fair evaluation. And what makes you think he's lacking confidence?

I don't know why, but I DO know Shvidki hasn't gotten a fair shake.

Shvidki is a dead issue. He is actually scoring in SA and will get his shot accordingly. Look at Bednar he has 3 points in two games and a GWG. Who deserves the callup? Bednar. Or is it Bednash??

;)

PUCKBOY99
10-13-2003, 10:29 AM
I'm sure you meant Barrie...and you can consider yourself hard pressed. :rolly:

I believe Shvidki is an tremendous talent. I also will stick my neck out and tell you I believe he's been overlooked by each and every GM that past over him while on waivers. Sure, I don't know what those GM's knows but I'll trust my own judgement in evaluating talent.

This kid is just 22 and has lost a year of development due to a major concussion delivered by Kyle McLaren in a preseason game. Shvidki was penciled in to start on the top line at that time. There's a reason. Shvidki was ranked #1 mid-way in his draft year by central scouting. There's a reason. Shvidki has been given short shrift by Keenan and now Dudley. There must be a reason but I don't know what it could be for the life of me. Still, it doesn't change my opinion one bit. I know what I've seen.

What they see in the guy has been documented already: An underachieving, overpriced player who has a history of injuries, a severe/major concussion, fragile psyche & is having problems breaking the AHL roster, nevermind the NHL. Nobody wants to inherit any of these problems.

...............Aside from that, he's a machine!!!! :D

patastrophe
10-14-2003, 02:37 AM
What they see in the guy has been documented already: An underachieving, overpriced player who has a history of injuries, a severe/major concussion, fragile psyche & is having problems breaking the AHL roster, nevermind the NHL. Nobody wants to inherit any of these problems.

...............Aside from that, he's a machine!!!! :D

my take on shvidki is the same as always...one good year of junior and nothing but injuries, a little bit of flakiness, and underachievment at the pro level. glad to know someone else on this board noticed it too.

was he getting short shrift under murray and sutter too? he had what, two and a half seasons to show something before keenan.