Kesler demoted.

Peter
10-05-2003, 11:40 AM
Okay...now just King and Keane are left standing in Vancouver land. Do both stay or does one go to the Moose? I understand that both played exceptionally well last night against Phoenix making things tough on Crow and Burkie. Keane is still not signed though.

maruk14
10-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Now that Langdon is gone that opens up a roster spot for Keane. There is no one else out there who is going to make much of an impact on the club. Might as well sign Keane and take advantage of the veteran leadership. Might help out some defensively too if the Ruutu experiment fails like it has in the past.

King has made the team, no question. Good for him. If he can keep up his solid play with the Twins he will stick around for the long haul.

Opening night lineups.

Big Line
Sedin Sedin King
Cooke Chubarov Linden
Arvedson Lindgren May/Ruutu/Keane

Time to see if King is going to be a long term answer now or if he needs to be developed more in the minors.

nucks2001
10-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Now that Langdon is gone that opens up a roster spot for Keane. There is no one else out there who is going to make much of an impact on the club. Might as well sign Keane and take advantage of the veteran leadership. Might help out some defensively too if the Ruutu experiment fails like it has in the past.

King has made the team, no question. Good for him. If he can keep up his solid play with the Twins he will stick around for the long haul.

Opening night lineups.

Big Line
Sedin Sedin King
Cooke Chubarov Linden

Time to see if King is going to be a long term answer now or if he needs to be developed more in the minors.

2 1+ million players on the 4th line. Depth is good but that is a little bit of a waster imo.

Peter
10-05-2003, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=maruk14]

Opening night lineups.

Big Line
Sedin Sedin King
Cooke Chubarov Linden
QUOTE]

I would like to think that King has made the team but Mr. Fedor Federov fooled a number of people last year too.

The way I see the lilne-up, correct me if I am wrong, it whold look like this:

Morrison-Morrison-Bertuzzi
Sedin-Sedin-ARVEDSSON
Ruuttu-Chubarov-Cooke
May-Lindgren-Linden
Extra skaters: King and Keane

The two guys that most likely will be shuttled in and out along with King and Keane would be Ruuttu and Lindgren and possibly May. If King makes the team and replaces Arvedsson on the Sedin line then his signing becomes redundant or May's signing redundant.

So, that said, I see King unfortunately heading back to the Moose until later in the season when Burke may move either May or Arvedsson IF King still is deserving of an NHL roster spot.

maruk14
10-05-2003, 04:12 PM
2 1+ million players on the 4th line. Depth is good but that is a little bit of a waster imo.

Since when do you make roster decisions based on salary? Seems kind of backward to me. King has played his way into the lineup with his preseason. If he doesn't play well then send him down, but while he is up here what is the point of having him sit and watch from the pressbox, especially when he has shown nice chemistry with the Twins.

maruk14
10-05-2003, 04:23 PM
I would like to think that King has made the team but Mr. Fedor Federov fooled a number of people last year too.

The way I see the lilne-up, correct me if I am wrong, it whold look like this:

Morrison-Morrison-Bertuzzi
Sedin-Sedin-ARVEDSSON
Ruuttu-Chubarov-Cooke
May-Lindgren-Linden
Extra skaters: King and Keane

The two guys that most likely will be shuttled in and out along with King and Keane would be Ruuttu and Lindgren and possibly May. If King makes the team and replaces Arvedsson on the Sedin line then his signing becomes redundant or May's signing redundant.

So, that said, I see King unfortunately heading back to the Moose until later in the season when Burke may move either May or Arvedsson IF King still is deserving of an NHL roster spot.

Why? If he shows he can play now, and he has thus far, then play him. If he starts to falter then send him down, but as long has he is playing well, and he is, get him in the lineup. It's not like this is some sort of flash in the pan. He played well with the Twins last year too. It is at least in our best interest to see if they can maintain it.

He also knows the meaning of work. Compare him to Fedorov all you want, but the coaches talked to him about things he needed to work on to be prepared for this camp, and he actually went out and got better in those areas and was one of the best players on the ice. King understands his own end of the rink and his hockey sense is good, unlike Fedor. They are completely different players in completely different stages of their development.

Arvedson also came to Vancouver in part because Lindgren called him. They played together in Sweden, and could develop some chemistry together. Chemistry the Twins already have with King and struggled to find with Arvedson. If it doesn't work out with King you can always shift Arvedson back, but that also means moving Daniel into a position he has never played. Best to stick with King on their RW and see what happens.