Rookies that will play this season

Gorgeous George
10-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Out of the following rookies, which players will see NHL ice team this season?

Zherdev
Boyes
Somervuori
Sejna

Thanks for your help.

LaLaLaprise
10-05-2003, 05:02 PM
I am hearing rumours that Zherdev is coming over, but that is still uncertain.

Other 3 probably will. Sejna has made STL I believe and the other 2 will be call ups.

Teemu
10-05-2003, 05:03 PM
Somervuori was already sent to the AHL, so i dont think his year will come till next year

Dempsey
10-05-2003, 05:43 PM
I would go with Sejna from that list, as the player who will get the most quality ice time this season. He should be St. Louis' second line LW playing on a line with Doug Weight.

corbanSOG
10-05-2003, 05:55 PM
the sharks sent boyes down to cleveland, though he is likely to be called up at some point. michalek has impressed in training camp and seems to have won a spot on the sharks opening night roster.

barrytrotzsneck
10-05-2003, 06:06 PM
in nashville:

zidlicky: kind of has the Hideki Matsui\Evgeni Nabokov thing going...he's a rookie only because he's been playing pro in europe for years. 25\26.

Tootoo: just announced...he made the team, and god, did he deserve it. Has been incredible.

Hamhuis: due to injuries, he'll stay with the team for a while.

that's really about it.

Gorgeous George
10-05-2003, 06:06 PM
the sharks sent boyes down to cleveland, though he is likely to be called up at some point. michalek has impressed in training camp and seems to have won a spot on the sharks opening night roster.

I am surprised that Boyes has not cracked the Shark's line-up this season. I suppose that another year in the AHL playing a large role will assist in his development. I definitely see Boyes as a 2nd line NHLer in 3-4 years...the Leaf's will definitely regret losing him, although I totally supported their motives for a cup-run at the time.

Do you think Boyes will be called up to play 10-15 games over the season once SJ is clearly out of the playoff hunt?

Vincent Vega
10-05-2003, 06:11 PM
The Tootoo train is here to do some damage. Senja will be the second line LW in St.Louis this season.

190Octane
10-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Lupul for the Ducks.

EroCaps
10-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Semin is likely to play anywhere from 1st to 4th line LW for WASH.

Eminger will start on D,

and Boyd Gordon is looking to get time on the 4th.

Dr Love
10-05-2003, 06:37 PM
For the Flyers Joni Pitkanen and Jim Vandermeer [technically a rookie still] have made the team and will play full time. Jeff Woywitka is first on the list of D call ups and is likely to see time by the end of the year.

dem
10-05-2003, 06:44 PM
For the Oilers heres who is left
Torres
Bergeron
Sarno
Stoll

Kvashinator12
10-05-2003, 06:49 PM
Papineau And Bergenheim For The Isles

Belanger25
10-05-2003, 06:50 PM
Dustin Brown and Tim Gleason are both going to be playing for the Kings

RoadWarrior
10-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Stajan and Colaiacovo

RoadWarrior
10-05-2003, 07:16 PM
I am surprised that Boyes has not cracked the Shark's line-up this season. I suppose that another year in the AHL playing a large role will assist in his development. I definitely see Boyes as a 2nd line NHLer in 3-4 years...the Leaf's will definitely regret losing him, although I totally supported their motives for a cup-run at the time.

Do you think Boyes will be called up to play 10-15 games over the season once SJ is clearly out of the playoff hunt?

I'm not surprised. Boyes has great offensive skills but until he picks up his intensity and learns to play defense he won't be in the NHL.

Coolburn
10-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Horton & FL have agreed to a deal and they'll sign the contract before the deadline today. The sole reason to sign him now was to allow him his spot on the roster that he earned. FL is a much better overall team with Horton in the lineup. Should put up Nash-like numbers this yr if he performs like he has all preseason.

sveiglar
10-06-2003, 04:47 AM
in nashville:
Hamhuis: due to injuries, he'll stay with the team for a while.

I thought I saw Hamhuis being sent down over the weekend...

degroat*
10-06-2003, 05:05 AM
ST. LOUIS
Peter Sejna [LW]- As discussed, he'll be playing on Weight's LW
Jeff Heerema [RW] - Because of Boguniecki's injury, he's slotted to start the season on Weight's RW.
Matt Walker [D] - Currently injured, will probably in and out of the lineup throughout the season.

Stock Rocks
10-06-2003, 05:43 AM
Bruins:

Patrice Bergeron
Milan Jurcina
Hannu Toivonen (limited action 1-5 starts)

WhoIsJimBob
10-06-2003, 05:55 AM
If you consider Andrew Peters a rookie, then he'll be on the Sabres 4th line this year.

Also, with Jochen Hecht's broken forearm you might see Derek Roy, Paul Gaustad, Norm Milley, or Milan Bartovic get some time in Buffalo early in the year.

barrytrotzsneck
10-06-2003, 08:09 AM
I thought I saw Hamhuis being sent down over the weekend...

he was going to be, but kloucek is day-to-day, so he's got a little bit of time. honestly, i'm surprised hammer was cut before schnabel and hutchinson...but oh well.

Surly Furious
10-06-2003, 08:18 AM
3 rookies for the Wild:

Brent Burns: this is starting to sound less like an audition and more like the whole year - Riseborough has pretty much said so.

Cristoph Brandner - He's a little old for a rookie at 28. Likely the beneficiary of Allen Walsh's tactics, he may be the first to go if and when Gaborik and/or Dupuis return.

Travis Roche - I'm pretty sure he still counts as a rookie. He's finally getting his shot; we'll see what he does with it.

Zodiac
10-06-2003, 08:25 AM
There are 4 rookies on the Avs.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=56244

Marek Svatos (RW)
Cody McCormick (C)
John-Michel Liles (D)
Phil Sauve (G)

thestonedkoala
10-06-2003, 08:43 AM
3 rookies for the Wild:

Brent Burns: this is starting to sound less like an audition and more like the whole year - Riseborough has pretty much said so.

Cristoph Brandner - He's a little old for a rookie at 28. Likely the beneficiary of Allen Walsh's tactics, he may be the first to go if and when Gaborik and/or Dupuis return.

Travis Roche - I'm pretty sure he still counts as a rookie. He's finally getting his shot; we'll see what he does with it.

Christoph Brandner and Brent Burns give a lot of size to the Wild finally!

Also Travis Roche really isn't a rookie. He is but he isn't. He's seen some time for the Wild but only like 5 games total.

Canada Girl
10-06-2003, 08:48 AM
Stajan and Colaiacovo
Colaicovo has since been sent down to St. John's.

AK-47
10-06-2003, 09:44 AM
For the canadiens:

Mike Ryder ( one of the best players for the habs at camp )

Mike Komisarek ( Deserves to say, probably will be 6th or 7th D at the start of the year)

Ron Hainsey ( Had an average camp and could be sent to hamilton today or tomorow)

Tomas Plekanec ( Showed promise, but still needs time to further improve his game in hamilton)

Chris Higgins ( Needs Ice-time, but has Nhl Skills already. Most likely, will be sent down to hamilton in next few days.)

Injuries to koivu, Zednik and Kilger have opened the door.

Final cuts should be announced today or tomorow.

My guess is Ryder and Komisarek will stick with the big club once the injuries trim down.

Evilo
10-06-2003, 10:57 AM
For the Penguins :
Konstantin Koltsov
Brooks Orpik
Matt Murley
and suprisingly Ryan Malone.

Disco Volante
10-06-2003, 11:34 AM
For the Penguins :
Konstantin Koltsov
Brooks Orpik
Matt Murley
and suprisingly Ryan Malone.

I think you can add Fleury now.

Sotnos
10-06-2003, 12:43 PM
Somervuori was already sent to the AHL, so i dont think his year will come till next year
I disagree, I think he'll get a callup this year, but it is correct that he's not with the NHL club right now.

cyrisweb
10-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Canucks only prospect who will start the season with them is Jason King.
If he continues to play well then he should stick.

Behn Wilson
10-06-2003, 10:00 PM
6 Blackhawk Rookies Made the Final Cut

3 Forwards who should all crack the top 3 lines and see substantial ice time:
-Tuomo Ruutu
-Pavel Voribiev
-Igor Radulov

1 Forward who is a fourth line banger / extra forward
-Travis Moen

1 Defenseman whoo should be a steady top 4 or 6 safe stay at home dman but will provide little offense or physicality
-Lasse Kukkonen

1 Backup Goaltender who should either see 20 games or alternate between Norfolk with fellow rookie goalie Craig Anderson.
-Michael Leighton

Six rookies should make the team a little more interesting this this year. I am disappointed that Anton Babchuk didnt make the team as well as he is the only defenseman on the team that whas size and plays physical. Hopefully he will be called up relatively soon.