Designed Some Uniforms

The Tang
10-05-2003, 09:44 PM
well, at the encouragement of a friend, i designed some more Pens jersey's. basically the same design with variations in the color arrangments. the top two would be the home/away while the bottom two are alternate designs which i just threw in there.

tell me what you guys think, and do be honest. i can take critizism and you wont hurt my feelings at all.

The Tang
10-05-2003, 10:06 PM
because of the curves on the sleeves and shoulders, a straight edge didnt look completely right. i went through a few designs for the stripes before i settled on this. the stripes like those on teh current uniforms dont work at all. the jersey looked very awkward.

and for those that look, PLEASE leave me some feedback. i'm really interested in knowing what people think of them.

Jacob
10-05-2003, 10:07 PM
I would like to see a gold "fade" at the bottom of the jerseys like the Canucks have with the maroon color.

The Tang
10-06-2003, 08:46 AM
hmm.. 69 views and 2 replies. that kinda stinks.

and here's a fade. didnt come out to good, fading isnt my thing, and ms paint isnt good for it at all.

The Tang
10-06-2003, 10:50 AM
well i dont know how to use photoshop, so that eliminates that. i did simplfy the rest of the jersey though.

The Tang
10-06-2003, 12:09 PM
466 views and 3 responses. that makes me feel good...

Jacob
10-06-2003, 12:18 PM
I like that faded one. I think the fade would look cool on the sleeves as well.

I have photoshop, I'll try to mess around with it.

GoPenguins
10-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Hiya RaiderZero.

I did viw the jerseys at work but was unable to post my comments til now when I got home. I do like the use of colors but tend to agree with other posters that the V band does not work for me. I think it would look funny when worn by someone and the V shape will lose its definition and take on the appearance of a lopsided band. The idea of fading to gold would probably look very cool. Or you could decide to perhaps add the word PENGUINS to the hem/edge of the jersey. I like the idea of adding something below the logo patch.

On other idea you could consider would be to change the regular numerals to something a little different like San Jose's, or for a touch of controversy, instead of the V neck, add tie ups :)

Good work tho.

The Tang
10-06-2003, 06:10 PM
ok, here are the uniforms with stripes across the bottom instead of the 'V' shape. same color shcemes as the 'V' stripes on each. tell me if you like them better.

chum
10-06-2003, 06:20 PM
didn't like V (before i looked at the 3rd file) dind't like the fade (too many layers)

the 3rd set looks better (fixed both). not sure what can be changed.

Darth Vitale
10-07-2003, 08:34 AM
Interesting ideas. For the last batch you linked, the top one isn't bad. The other three are too busy / cluttered looking because of the color order / combinations.

The Tang
10-07-2003, 09:28 AM
and one more set (i think i have too much fun with these). more similar to the first set, only the stripes are not in the v shape and goa long the sides of the uniform, kinda like buffalo's. there i think are actually my favorites

Spiffy
10-07-2003, 09:41 AM
I'd like to see jerseys with small V's coming from the sides on the lower part of the jerseys.

Darth Vitale
10-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Top two aren't bad, with third as an alternate. The design is close enough to the existing one though, that I might prefer what we already have.

I'm still trying to figure out if / why Vancouver axed their alternate from last year. Other than the socks I loved that uniform.

:D

ru22ss
10-09-2003, 08:28 AM
nice working. I like a lot of the ideas I see...I really think that the fade would loook pretty cool, but maybe too flashy for a game jersey.

The Tang
10-09-2003, 08:31 AM
ok, last one. i altered the stripes a little (i also modified the post for the pics Pens JW 5C). this has the "less going on" as someone pointed out. basically less trim around the shoulders and upper chest.

and yes, this is kinda an excuse to bump the topic.

chum
10-10-2003, 01:56 AM
i liked 4th and 5th set of jerseys.

i was thinknig about this today. did you try with the sigzag stripes at bottom?

can't get files to attach.

chum
10-10-2003, 02:01 AM
this

The Tang
10-10-2003, 05:47 AM
i liked 4th and 5th set of jerseys.

i was thinknig about this today. did you try with the sigzag stripes at bottom?

can't get files to attach.
no, i didnt think to try zig zag. it could work, but with most of the colored areas rounded it may not look like. i'll give it a try when i get some free time.

as for attaching, go to the bottom of the window, and right under Thread Supscription, there is a buton that says manage attetchments. thats how you add them in.