NBA announces minor league affiliations

mikefavata
09-22-2005, 11:16 AM
"Announcing the affiliations NBA teams will have with the eight clubs in the National Basketball Association Development League, league officials unveiled some of the details of the new program that allows teams to assign first- and second-year players to the minors.

Players can be sent down as many as three times, but no team can have more than two players in the minors at once. Players on D-league assignments will still receive their NBA salaries and benefits, including per diem of $102, and D-League teams will be permitted to expand their rosters from 10 to 12 to accommodate assigned NBA players."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiE5iJA52nksjkbmpgBi73K8vLYF?slug=ap-nba-nbadl&prov=ap&type=lgns

-- NBDL: NBA Affiliations

-- Fayetteville: Charlotte Bobcats, New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons.

-- Austin: Denver Nuggets, Spurs, Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Clippers.

-- Fort Worth: Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers, Mavericks, Portland Trail Blazers.

-- Arkansas: Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Memphis Grizzlies, Raptors.

-- Florida: Heat, Magic, Celtics, Timberwolves.

-- Tulsa: New Orleans Hornets, Indiana Pacers, Milwaukee Bucks, Chicago Bulls.

-- Albuquerque: Jazz, Phoenix Suns, Sacramento Kings, Seattle SuperSonics.

-- Roanoke: New Jersey Nets, Philadelphia 76ers, Washington Wizards.

Douggy
09-22-2005, 12:30 PM
I wonder if Darko knows where Fayetteville is?

EDIT: Never mind he's been in the NBA for too long!

mikefavata
09-22-2005, 02:44 PM
I wonder if Darko knows where Fayetteville is?

EDIT: Never mind he's been in the NBA for too long!

I don't even think he knows where Detroit is.

The Nemesis
09-22-2005, 04:45 PM
It's about damn time. I've said for years that the biggest problem with the NBA is that the small roster size, coupled with the need to use the majority of that roster on a regular basis, was partly responsible for killing the careers of perfectly serviceable players. This is the one place that the NBA has it wrong. They almost assume that players should be able to instantly step into the league and survive long enough to flourish. Guys like Darko have all the potential in the world, but the way the pro basketball environment deals with them causes exactly what has happened: He doesn't play under Brown's system, and consequently fans dog him because he hasn't improved. Yet in hockey, no one has a problem if none of the guys who went 2nd overall and up don't play in the NHL this year. He (Darko, and others like him) was expected from day 1 to just be dropped in the league and go. Having a minor league will be good because it can give your project picks a chance to get minutes without having to be confined to the role of the 10th-12th man.

All they need now is time to develop this idea enough so that they don't limit it so much (expand beyond 1st and 2nd year pros, don't limit callups and send-downs, etc)

Teemu
09-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Bout friggen time.

HughJass*
09-25-2005, 06:17 AM
Omg, i missed this! Fayetteville already has the best attendance in the NBDL, this just ensures a sell out every game if decent prospects are sent. Nice, nice, nice.

Vic Rattlehead*
09-25-2005, 09:14 AM
About time.