Vancouver's Michael Repik

cagney
09-27-2005, 07:26 PM
I'm curious to hear some first hand accounts on this guy. He was a dominant scorer in the Czech U20 league last year which was quite amazing considering his age (his point totals were even better than Michael Frolik's were at the same age - Frolik had 44 points in 53 games while Repik had 56 in 45). He played his first game last weekend and picked up an assist. How did he look?

monster_bertuzzi
10-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Saw him play Sunday night, looked very good. Really talented - should be a first rounder in 2007.

bossy
10-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Repik is an incredible talent,especially at his age! He has 3 goals in 3 games.Its a big transition for a 16 year old to move across the world,he has handled it well and is playing great.

Hordichuk_24
10-28-2005, 01:58 AM
Repik has been great so far this season. Easily the best player on the Giants. There isn't really anything negative I can say about the kid (so far anyway).

monster_bertuzzi
10-28-2005, 02:05 AM
Repik has been great so far this season. Easily the best player on the Giants. There isn't really anything negative I can say about the kid (so far anyway).

He could break Brule's rookie scoring record - he's awesome.

Hordichuk_24
10-28-2005, 02:16 AM
He could break Brule's rookie scoring record - he's awesome.

Yes he really could. He has scored a few highlight reel goals so far this season. I am only expecting more to come as the season goes on.

Too bad we can't see him and Brule play on the same line. Then again I guess that is still a possibility...

bossy
10-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Too bad we can't see him and Brule play on the same line. Then again I guess that is still a possibility...

I believe that was the plan! Brule will be back,he may be traded,but he will be back.

Hordichuk_24
10-28-2005, 01:26 PM
I believe that was the plan! Brule will be back,he may be traded,but he will be back.

Mostly likely although he certainly doesn't want to. Not just because he would be leaving the NHL, he doesn't want to play in Vancouver for the Giants regardless.

bossy
10-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Mostly likely although he certainly doesn't want to. Not just because he would be leaving the NHL, he doesn't want to play in Vancouver for the Giants regardless.
He doesn't want to play in Vancouver? Or,his Dad doesn't want him to play in Vancouver? OR.....He doesn't want to play in Vancouver BECAUSE his Dad's in Vancouver?

Hordichuk_24
10-29-2005, 02:32 PM
He doesn't want to play in Vancouver? Or,his Dad doesn't want him to play in Vancouver? OR.....He doesn't want to play in Vancouver BECAUSE his Dad's in Vancouver?

LOL. I think a little of all of those come into play. But either way I know he would prefer not to play for the Giants.

monster_bertuzzi
10-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Trade em' for a #1 centreman then.

Transported Upstater
10-30-2005, 01:28 AM
Sorry, I am not familiar with the Gilbert Brule story, is there a problem with his father and he?

(Sorry for the post, I can't get much WHL hockey down here and spent most of my life in the vicinity of the OHL.)

monster_bertuzzi
10-30-2005, 03:21 PM
^Apparenty his dad doesn't want him in a Giants jersey ever again.