Kankaanpera

Sideshow
10-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Anyone know whether or not D Markus Kankaanpera is still a part of the organization?

Too bad there's no complete list of drafted players that still remain under the umbrella of the Canucks system.

Jewelly
10-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Kankaanpera
Never heard of him but lemme guess... is he Finnish by chance?

SedinFan*
10-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Anyone know whether or not D Markus Kankaanpera is still a part of the organization?

Too bad there's no complete list of drafted players that still remain under the umbrella of the Canucks system.

Yes he is. Plays for a finnish club I beleive. He played a game against the Leafs in the preseason and kicked the crap out of Antropov.

He still is Canuck property.

ping
10-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Leafs forward Nik Antropov took exception to the long run Jokerit forward Markus Kankaanpera took at him late in the game and gave him a few shots. When both players came out of the penalty box after serving minor penalties for roughing, Antropov met Kankaanpera at centre ice, dropped his gloves and engaged him in a lively fight.

Judging by the applause, the fans enjoyed the scrap just as much as their compadres in Calgary, Edmonton or Toronto would. They even had the bonus of seeing Leafs head coach Pat Quinn throw one of his vintage tantrums at the bench door when Antropov was given an extra minor penalty for instigating the fight plus a misconduct.

The subtext of remarks by both Quinn and Antropov was that an obscure player in the Finnish league had some nerve trying to hit an NHL player during an exhibition game when only a certain level of physical play is expected.

"I didn't come 3,000 miles with these guys to have [Antropov] wiped out by a guy whose face is never going to be seen again [by NHL players]," Quinn said.

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20030917/SHOSTN/TPSports/TopStories

SedinFan*
10-06-2003, 07:42 PM
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20030917/SHOSTN/TPSports/TopStories

See? I rule.