Bye bye Kraft?

Der Schweinehund
10-07-2003, 03:27 AM
Saw this in the PPG.

They are expected to get from 25 to 23 by assigning center Milan Kraft and goalie Jean-Sebastien Aubin to their minor-league team in Wilkes-Barre, but could open an extra spot by placing swing man Steve McKenna (eye) on injured reserve.

Any wagers on whether another team will pick him up as he hits waivers?

(Count me in for yes, and picked up by the Flames or Oilers.)

Koltsov71
10-07-2003, 03:39 AM
Saw this in the PPG.

I don't think either of those teams would want Kraft. Or any other team.

kutdacheez
10-07-2003, 04:03 AM
Saw this in the PPG.

Sure, someone would pick him up. Why would anyone really think not?

Personally, Dave Molinari drops those little tid-bits in his column every once in a while just to czech if anyone is still reading them!
I say Kraft (if indeed he is put on waivers) gets retracted if anyone selects him. Wouldn't Aubin have to pass through waivers also?

I don't see the Penguin's risking the loss of either of these two and there are players on the roster that for sure wouldn't be picked up if the goal was not to lose Kraft or Aubin. They have other options also. But, I could be wrong . . . maybe Kraft has just fizzled out . . . but I tend to doubt that.

SuburbanRhythm
10-07-2003, 04:53 AM
Sure, someone would pick him up. Why would anyone really think not?

Personally, Dave Molinari drops those little tid-bits in his column every once in a while just to czech if anyone is still reading them!
I say Kraft (if indeed he is put on waivers) gets retracted if anyone selects him. Wouldn't Aubin have to pass through waivers also?

I don't see the Penguin's risking the loss of either of these two and there are players on the roster that for sure wouldn't be picked up if the goal was not to lose Kraft or Aubin. They have other options also. But, I could be wrong . . . maybe Kraft has just fizzled out . . . but I tend to doubt that.

Yes, Aubin also has to pass through waivers. He did last year too, and nobody made an attemp to grab him , so don't think they would this year either.

jhopspensfan
10-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Yes, Aubin also has to pass through waivers. He did last year too, and nobody made an attemp to grab him , so don't think they would this year either.

If Aubin clears waivers not only will he be making an NHL only salary in WBS, but he will be the third goaltender on that team-Chiodo/Brochu. With the way he played down the stretch for WBS last year, Aubin might, and I do mean might get a look from another team. Too bad Florida went after Shields.

Superstar Shane
10-07-2003, 06:15 AM
If Aubin clears waivers not only will he be making an NHL only salary in WBS, but he will be the third goaltender on that team-Chiodo/Brochu.
That's true, but it would be nice to have another NHL goalie in case Fleury falters and gets sent back to Cape Breton.

Der Schweinehund
10-07-2003, 07:10 AM
In another train of thought, I don't suppose anyone knows for sure who the Pens exposed so they could pick up Baumgartner??

If it was Kraft, for argument's sake, then he doesn't have to clear waivers to go to the minors this time around.

SuburbanRhythm
10-07-2003, 09:13 AM
That's true, but it would be nice to have another NHL goalie in case Fleury falters and gets sent back to Cape Breton.

True...but if after 10 games they aren't planning to send Fleury back to CB, I'd think either Aubin will be shopped for minimal return and/or Brochu bought out.

The Tang
10-07-2003, 10:52 AM
In another train of thought, I don't suppose anyone knows for sure who the Pens exposed so they could pick up Baumgartner??

If it was Kraft, for argument's sake, then he doesn't have to clear waivers to go to the minors this time around.
i think you have to expose a player from the smeposition (ie forward or d) if you claim someone.

spence___
10-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Jesus ****ing christ. I was hoping CP would at least play him in a few games before they try and send him down.

Speed Kills
10-07-2003, 01:03 PM
I don't mind losing Aubin as much as I would Kraft. I think he has the skills to play in the NHL and would hate to lose him for nothing.

Der Schweinehund
10-08-2003, 01:21 AM
i think you have to expose a player from the smeposition (ie forward or d) if you claim someone.

Not exactly same position - skater or goalie.

According to one story I heard/read, Florida tried to unprotect a skater when they picked up Valiquette, but the NHL said nope and they had to unprotect Hurme. However, as of yesterday, a Florida correspondent was on the radio saying that the Panthers planned this all along as they were not happy with Hurme. (That I believe would be called 'blowing smoke.')

Ric Flair
10-08-2003, 04:05 AM
Jesus ****ing christ. I was hoping CP would at least play him in a few games before they try and send him down.

They did, in camp. And he sucked as always.

Darth Vitale
10-08-2003, 06:04 AM
According to the Gazette he's still on the roster as of this morning....

Der Schweinehund
10-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Not exactly same position - skater or goalie.

According to one story I heard/read, Florida tried to unprotect a skater when they picked up Valiquette, but the NHL said nope and they had to unprotect Hurme. However, as of yesterday, a Florida correspondent was on the radio saying that the Panthers planned this all along as they were not happy with Hurme. (That I believe would be called 'blowing smoke.')

Ok - just when you think you have seen it all...Florida waives Valiquette who gets picked up by Edmonton (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=56491) .