Sopel wearing a visor this season?

colonel_korn
10-07-2003, 09:06 AM
Maybe someone else can confirm this as I'm not 100% sure, but I think Sopel's been wearing a visor all preseason. Anybody know if that's true? If so, anyone know why? Did he suffer an injury, or just decide to start playing it safe? :dunno:

Peter Griffin
10-07-2003, 09:16 AM
He's an offensive dynamo now, he needs to look the part! :D

NFITO
10-07-2003, 09:16 AM
Maybe someone else can confirm this as I'm not 100% sure, but I think Sopel's been wearing a visor all preseason. Anybody know if that's true? If so, anyone know why? Did he suffer an injury, or just decide to start playing it safe? :dunno:

maybe it's a prescription visor?? might explain a lot about his season last year ;)

Jewelly
10-07-2003, 09:38 AM
maybe it's a prescription visor?? might explain a lot about his season last year ;)
:joker: Yeah and he can't use the hair-in-the-eyes-excuse now with that haircut. Now if only we could find a way to help him from tripping over that bothersome blueline.

Actually, I think that Sopel will have a much better season; I just feel it.

SedinFan*
10-07-2003, 10:16 AM

He got cut just above the eye. He had to wear a visor to protect that cut.

SopelFan*
10-07-2003, 01:51 PM
Worst... jokes... ever.

Edler Statesman*
10-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Worst... jokes... ever.

All your visor are belong to Brent Sopel?

Mr. Canucklehead
10-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Worst... jokes... ever.

:o Get outta the garbage can, Oscar!

Yeah, I saw Sopel wearing the visor to. He is defensive partners with Ohlund, maybe Ohlund gave him that talk about the eye injury that almost cost him his career. Ohlund is very pro-visor, he tried to encourage it on Linden last year, but Linden didn't like it much. Maybe Sopel bought into Ohlund's diatribe? :p

~Canucklehead~

colonel_korn
10-07-2003, 03:50 PM
:o Get outta the garbage can, Oscar!

Yeah, I saw Sopel wearing the visor to. He is defensive partners with Ohlund, maybe Ohlund gave him that talk about the eye injury that almost cost him his career. Ohlund is very pro-visor, he tried to encourage it on Linden last year, but Linden didn't like it much. Maybe Sopel bought into Ohlund's diatribe? :p

~Canucklehead~

LOL, he should talk to Bertuzzi; I remember last year Bertuzzi refused to wear one even in the game right after Nabokov almost made him a cyclops. :rolly:

SopelFan*
10-07-2003, 03:57 PM
He got cut just above the eye. He had to wear a visor to protect that cut.
Here's the answer... pay attention.

kmad I don't even know what you said.

colonel_korn
10-07-2003, 04:04 PM

Here you go...hope this helps.

http://www.kotex.com/info/faqs/qa/images/img_prdctqa.gif

hackey
10-07-2003, 06:15 PM
now he's got an excuse for always losing the puck in his feet

ehc73
10-07-2003, 06:53 PM

really really really really bad play off the quote "all your base are belong to us"

SopelFan*
10-07-2003, 07:06 PM
really really really really bad play off the quote "all your base are belong to us"
Oh... hilarious... cough. :)

Vman
10-07-2003, 07:51 PM
His visor/Itech helmet combo looks very good acually, adds more "skill" look into him :)

Jon Burke
10-07-2003, 08:04 PM

Yeah, he's also been wearing a new mouthguard too, if you've noticed. :D

Couldn't resist poking at least a little fun at such a *trivial* thing.

quat
10-07-2003, 09:27 PM

Ok, so I'm going to finally going to ask about that quote.... lol. What's the history on that puppy?