Jason King

LaLaLaprise
10-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Amazed he made the team.

Does anyone know who he will be playing with, if he plays the 1st game?

NFITO
10-07-2003, 09:12 AM
from what I heard he's pencilled in to play with the Sedins on the 2nd unit... not sure how the lineups will fill out then, and who gets bumped (likely Ruutu, I'm guessing)...

WCE
Sedins/King
Cooke/Chubarov/Arvedson
May/Lindgren/Linden

??

although against the Flames, I'd probably rather go with Ruutu in the lineup instead... might need his sandpaper out there.

Peter Griffin
10-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Like nuckfan said, he'll play with the Sedins to start off, although he may not play in the first game if the Canucks want to go with more grit.

LaLaLaprise
10-07-2003, 09:32 AM
That 3rd line is pretty amazing :)

IT can score on you, agitate you and shut you down!!!

Jewelly
10-07-2003, 09:52 AM
http://www.mytelus.com/sports/article.do?pageID=canucks/home&articleID=1427167

http://www.mytelus.com/news_images/sports/original/king_jason_220.jpg

maruk14
10-07-2003, 09:54 AM
from what I heard he's pencilled in to play with the Sedins on the 2nd unit... not sure how the lineups will fill out then, and who gets bumped (likely Ruutu, I'm guessing)...

WCE
Sedins/King
Cooke/Chubarov/Arvedson
May/Lindgren/Linden

??

although against the Flames, I'd probably rather go with Ruutu in the lineup instead... might need his sandpaper out there.

I thought they scrapped the Arvedson to RW move when he tried it with the Sedins and felt uncomfortable. They ended up moving Daniel over.

Here is my best guess.

Big Line
Sedin Sedin King
Cooke Chubarov Linden
Arvedson Lindgren May/Ruutu

Keep in mind this is opening night, it's only 5 on 5 so PP and PK time will be added in. People might see Arvedson on the 4th line, but he has played with Lindgren in Sweden, and Mats is one of the reasons he signed here. Arvedson will still get his 15 to 17 minutes a game, maybe more, but 5 on 5 that is my best guess as to where he ends up. At least until King shows whether or not he belongs in the regular season.

Burke's Evil Spirit
10-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Hmmmmm...I think with King on the 2nd line, however temporarily, we should take the opportunity to reunite Ruutu-Lindgren-Linden, which was a really kickass line for us down the stretch last season.

Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi
Sedin-Sedin-King
Arvedson-Chubarov-Cooke
Ruutu-Lindgren-Linden

I just want to see Jason King play :)

SedinFan*
10-07-2003, 10:17 AM
He'll play with the Sedins and play with Linden. Arvedson was with the Sedins today in practice, so I assume that they'll rotate.

NFITO
10-07-2003, 10:38 AM
I thought they scrapped the Arvedson to RW move when he tried it with the Sedins and felt uncomfortable. They ended up moving Daniel over.

Here is my best guess.

Big Line
Sedin Sedin King
Cooke Chubarov Linden
Arvedson Lindgren May/Ruutu

Keep in mind this is opening night, it's only 5 on 5 so PP and PK time will be added in. People might see Arvedson on the 4th line, but he has played with Lindgren in Sweden, and Mats is one of the reasons he signed here. Arvedson will still get his 15 to 17 minutes a game, maybe more, but 5 on 5 that is my best guess as to where he ends up. At least until King shows whether or not he belongs in the regular season.

I don't see the problem at all with Arvedson on the 4th line... I think he will be on the top PK unit anyways, to get his icetime...

but I doubt we see anything close to 17 mins a game from him.... the top line will again get the majority of forward minutes, like they did last season (but comparitively to other team's top lines, they don't get more minutes than most others)... Linden, last year, was our #4 forward with 15:49 in icetime - getting a regular PK and PP shift, while also being on the 2nd line a lot of the time... Chubs was #5 with 14:17... Henrik rounds out the top 6 with 13:54...

I don't see Arvedson getting many more minutes than this, and at this point I would guess that Cooke will see his minutes rise as well...

after the top 3, the #3-6 also spend either all their time, or a lot of it in the middle... Linden played center on special teams, and took most of the draws as well in 5 on 5 when he was out there... after Henrik, the next highest minute guy was Lindgren (13:50)... a lot of this is simply due to the center having the most responsibility defensively on the ice, and his shifts end up lasting longer, increasing overall icetime (ie. Linden only took on average 2 extra shifts per game than Cooke, but his icetime was 2 1/2 mins a game more).

The highest minute player who is strictly a winger - after the top line - was Cooke, with 13:21 of icetime.

I think that Arvedson will get around this - about 13 mins a game... Cooke will get at least as many 5 on 5 and PK minutes as Arvedson gets too.

also the wildcard is Daniel... if he does improve and take the next step, his minutes should also increase... he was a surprising 9th overall among forwards in icetime last season despite being a 2nd liner (with only a second off of 11th)... although he won't be getting more PK minutes than Arvedson, his PP time should be higher, as well as his 5 on 5 time, if he has a good season... so really that puts Arvedson at risk to be behind both Daniel and Cooke (as well as Naslund) in icetime on the left wing.

Hi-wayman
10-07-2003, 02:35 PM
With King on the second line, I think it will be mainly Lindgren who sits out, with Ruutu or May occationally being fingered.

Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi
Sedin-Sedin-King
Arvedson-Chubarov-Cooke
Ruutu--Linden - May

petrishriekandgo
10-07-2003, 02:45 PM
I have a hard time believing that Linden will be a regular 4th line player and that Chubarov will take his spot... Linden isn't Mark Messier... he still has a major role to play on this team...

He's a 3rd liner at worst...

Impossibles
10-07-2003, 02:56 PM
How do you guys figure King passes Arvedson on the depth chart? he was brought in as a top 6 forward. They are going to play him on the second line until they find out that doesn't work.

top 2 lines:
Nazzy-Mo-bertuzzi
Arvedson-Hank-Dank

That leaves Chubby, Cooke, Linden, Lindgren, May, Ruutu, Keane, and King battling for the other 6 spots. Crawford really likes King's defensive game, so I think he will be given a defensive roll first and see how he does with that.

cyrisweb
10-07-2003, 04:10 PM
How do you guys figure King passes Arvedson on the depth chart? he was brought in as a top 6 forward. They are going to play him on the second line until they find out that doesn't work.

top 2 lines:
Nazzy-Mo-bertuzzi
Arvedson-Hank-Dank

That leaves Chubby, Cooke, Linden, Lindgren, May, Ruutu, Keane, and King battling for the other 6 spots. Crawford really likes King's defensive game, so I think he will be given a defensive roll first and see how he does with that.

Given the fact that Arvedson has struggled with the twins while King has done very well? Considering Arvedson has done nothing and has not looked very good on the right wing.. and neither has Daniel.

King's future in the NHL(if he really has one) will be as an offensive player... NOT a 4th line grinder playing a defensive role.. If that's all Crawford felt he was good for at this time, King would be playing in the Moose and continueing to develop. We have enough 4th line bangers in Ruutu, Keane, Lindgren, Chubarov, and May.. King wouldn't be here if he wasn't going to be used with the Sedins or at the very least in a scoring role with Cooke and Chubarov on the 3rd line.

PhillyNucksFan
10-07-2003, 05:50 PM
from the TSN NHL preview, I think they have the opening roster something like this...

WCE
Sedin/Sedin/King
Cooke/Linden/Arvedson
May/Chubarov/Ruutu

Lingren, Keane ( if he is signed)

personally, I dont mind seeing this

Cooke/Chubarov/Linden ( Linden fits better on RW)
May/Lingren/Arvedson

Ruutu, Keane.

I would say that 3rd line is probably one of the BEST or THE best 3rd line in NHL!!

PEST/decent scoring/great defensive player!!

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Now, we preaching TEAM TOUGHNESS :yo:

CCF
10-07-2003, 06:22 PM
The TSN preview showed Magnus on the left and Cooke on the right.