Schwarz

aspin
10-04-2005, 01:37 AM
How has he been playing so far this year?

sveiglar
10-05-2005, 02:23 PM
3-1, 2.95 GAA, .904 sv pct. Sparta Praha's other goalie, Briza (apologies for lack of accents) plays played 7 games to Schwarz's 4 with better numbers (2.81, .913).

I'm only going by the numbers... is Schwarz the backup, or are they planning to evenly split the starts? The other guy is old (either 41 now or soon to turn 41) and I don't know anything about him.

Golbez
10-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Yes, Schwarz is definitely the backup. Sparta is a rich team and they want to win, not develop players. They will give Schwarz a decent amount of playing time because Briza is old and he could get injured (like last year), but Schwarz would have to play terrific to steal away the #1 job (like Popperle last year). I think Schwarz will get about 15 Extraliga games...maybe they'll loan him out to the Division 1 or junior squad from time to time.

c-carp
10-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Yes, Schwarz is definitely the backup. Sparta is a rich team and they want to win, not develop players. They will give Schwarz a decent amount of playing time because Briza is old and he could get injured (like last year), but Schwarz would have to play terrific to steal away the #1 job (like Popperle last year). I think Schwarz will get about 15 Extraliga games...maybe they'll loan him out to the Division 1 or junior squad from time to time.

that sucks from a Blues fans point of view. Is there any word on why he didnt come back to Vancouver to play for the Giants in the WHL. To me it would have been better for him to be the starter there.

Thanks guys

12# Peter Bondra
10-07-2005, 01:24 PM
that sucks from a Blues fans point of view. Is there any word on why he didnt come back to Vancouver to play for the Giants in the WHL. To me it would have been better for him to be the starter there.

Thanks guys

I think he said he wanted to be closer to home.

c-carp
10-07-2005, 04:21 PM
I think he said he wanted to be closer to home.I understand that the first time I left it sucked and I only went 100 miles down the road for school.

Rogalo
10-11-2005, 12:19 AM
I understand that the first time I left it sucked and I only went 100 miles down the road for school.

Did they speak a different language there too? :)

slimer
12-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Any updates on how he has been playing or if he has been playing?

slimer
12-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Anyone?

endacka
12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Anyone?

http://hokej.cz/index.php?view=stats_hrac&lng=CZ&webid=7&menu=menu_2_9&idh=6241

slimer
12-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Translation please.

Irish Blues
02-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Did Schwarz get sent down to Sparta Praha's junior team? Either way, can someone give an update on where he's been playing since the WJC's?

sveiglar
02-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Did Schwarz get sent down to Sparta Praha's junior team? Either way, can someone give an update on where he's been playing since the WJC's?

According to the recent Blues Top 20 Prospects article he hasn't played a game since Dec. 15th, so unless he has been farmed out, I guess the answer is nowhere.

Irish Blues
02-22-2006, 01:33 PM
According to the recent Blues Top 20 Prospects article he hasn't played a game since Dec. 15th, so unless he has been farmed out, I guess the answer is nowhere.
Don't get me started on the Blues Top 20 Prospects article. We still have Jonathan Boutin listed as a prospect and we cut him early in training camp and no longer have his rights.

I don't recall having seen him with stats from the junior team, but I'll admit I hadn't looked a lot at his player page to know. That's why I'm hoping someone who knows more can kick in more insight.