Any rumours involving Oilers in T-Bay?

oildrop
10-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Sorry guys but I was just wondering if there are any rumours in Tampa about Comrie possibly getting traded there in a package deal for Richards? I know it's probably fake but I just thought I would come and see if any of you have heard anything at all. Again, I am just hearing the rumour we've been hearing at a couple Oiler boards and I am sure it is just some guy making stuff up. But you never know, so just wondering. Thanks.

Sotnos
10-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Sorry guys but I was just wondering if there are any rumours in Tampa about Comrie possibly getting traded there in a package deal for Richards? I know it's probably fake but I just thought I would come and see if any of you have heard anything at all. Again, I am just hearing the rumour we've been hearing at a couple Oiler boards and I am sure it is just some guy making stuff up. But you never know, so just wondering. Thanks.
:joker:

Sorry, but why would we do that? I'd guess whoever is saying that is definitely making it up.

We really don't hear many rumors down here at all. Tampa trades are usually as big a surprise to us as to anyone. :)

petec1978*
10-07-2003, 06:20 PM
No, but Smyth for Olvestad is a lead pipe lock :rolleyes:

That was sarcasm, not even a rumor.

-Pete Choquette

Hawkeye
10-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Can that guy that's spreading the rumor get me that stuff he's smoking? :yo:

Oceanic39*
10-08-2003, 05:15 AM
Comrie in a package deal for Richards isn't an unfair deal.

It won't happen, though.

Richards, as has been stated by Feaster, is a core player in TB and will be part of TB for years to come.

Do you even know who Mike Comrie is, Hawkeye?

I'd take Richards over Comrie any day, but Comrie has a much better shot.

exterminator-x
10-08-2003, 06:17 AM
I'd take Richards over Comrie any day, but Comrie has a much better shot.

And Comrie is way more physical than Richards, for all you fans who like to rag on Richards' lack of physical play.

Hawkeye
10-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Do you even know who Mike Comrie is, Hawkeye?

Yes Chad, I know who Mike Comrie is. :rolleyes: He's scored 111 points over the last two years and is 5'10". Not a bad player at all, but as you said, Brad is one of our core and won't be going anywhere soon.

But, doesn't quite match up to Brad's 136 points and doesn't have nearly the scoring potential as Brad has either.

IMHO, why give him up?

joeminus
10-08-2003, 04:34 PM
Yes Chad, I know who Mike Comrie is. :rolleyes: He's scored 111 points over the last two years and is 5'10". Not a bad player at all, but as you said, Brad is one of our core and won't be going anywhere soon.

But, doesn't quite match up to Brad's 136 points and doesn't have nearly the scoring potential as Brad has either.

IMHO, why give him up?

He's 5'9", actually, and he scored those 50+ points last season playing a good portion of the season with a broken thumb. Comrie could be a 30-goal, 75-point center for the Oil for years to come.

Nobody said the Bolts would even think about giving up Richards, but if they did it would have to be for something like Comrie + sweetener to make sense. In other words, while the deal is never going to happen we shouldn't be spewing "joker" smilies at the poster who suggested it.

petec1978*
10-08-2003, 06:03 PM
Yes Chad, I know who Mike Comrie is. He's scored 111 points over the last two years and is 5'10".

After a quick parousal of hockeydb, no doubt.

-Pete Choquette

Hawkeye
10-08-2003, 09:03 PM
After a quick parousal of hockeydb, no doubt.

And I'm sure you have all these stats in your head? :bow: :rolleyes:

petec1978*
10-08-2003, 09:14 PM
And I'm sure you have all these stats in your head?

No... but I didn't have to look them up on hockeydb to figure out who Mike Comrie was either, unlike you.

-Pete Choquette

Rschmitz
10-08-2003, 10:24 PM
5'9" but more physical than Richards? Did I read that right???

Break up the Rimouski twins?

Too many "?"

dem
10-08-2003, 10:27 PM
The post on the Oilers board was Comrie, Smyth, and Salo for Richards and Khabi.

Sotnos
10-09-2003, 05:18 AM
The post on the Oilers board was Comrie, Smyth, and Salo for Richards and Khabi.
I don't like that at all, well, mostly the Khabi & Salo part. :)

1. I can't see Tampa picking up a guy who's not even signed yet once the season starts
2. Richards is one of the least likely to be moved players in Tampa
3. Khabi is on the verge of needing a BIG new contract (there's a team option on him next year for $6.5mil or somewhere around there), I can't see the Oil picking that up

It's a reasonably fair deal (almost) but just doesn't make a lot of sense. IMO, it's fake.

Oceanic39*
10-09-2003, 05:28 AM
I have Comrie on both my fantasy teams. He needs to sign soon.

Stats in the head? I think most know that Comrie has hit the 30 goal mark, is smallish, plays a chippy game, is a decent/average playmaker, and was injured for most of last year, is still young, and has a great upside.

I don't think many people carry around exact numbers in their heads of every player, which is why the red flag came up on your answer.

Hockeydb is a wonderful thing, though. If only they included +/- ratings.

(hint: go to forecaster for those stats, they also give you scouting reports on each player. It makes you sound smarter.) :teach:

Hawkeye
10-09-2003, 10:15 AM
No... but I didn't have to look them up on hockeydb to figure out who Mike Comrie was either, unlike you.

For what it's worth, that's not where I got the info. :p But, you seem to know that site pretty well. :bow:

petec1978*
10-09-2003, 10:57 AM
For what it's worth, that's not where I got the info. But, you seem to know that site pretty well.

True enough, what with having to set up the tables for my prospect reports. You know, journalistic endeavours. The kind that bring credibility to one's reputation.

-Pete Choquette

Swedish Bolt Fan
10-12-2003, 08:25 PM
No, but Smyth for Olvestad is a lead pipe lock :rolleyes:

That was sarcasm, not even a rumor.

-Pete Choquette

Naah that sounds like a dream come true.

Heck i could even sweeten the deal on this one

to TPA Smyth

to EDM Olvestad, Laukkanen

on the few games i have seen this year of the Oilers (season is new still) they look like they are in desperate need of a puckmoving defenseman that can strike a nice outletpass

Timmy1973
10-13-2003, 04:49 AM
3. Khabi is on the verge of needing a BIG new contract (there's a team option on him next year for $6.5mil or somewhere around there), I can't see the Oil picking that up

I don't think the Oilers would pick that up either. There's already some talk around the league that we may not even pick up the option. I surely hope we do because he is one of the guys who got us where we are.

G-Double
10-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Naah that sounds like a dream come true.

Heck i could even sweeten the deal on this one

to TPA Smyth

to EDM Olvestad, Laukkanen

on the few games i have seen this year of the Oilers (season is new still) they look like they are in desperate need of a puckmoving defenseman that can strike a nice outletpass
Is this is a legit proposal cuz if it is i'd suggest (intending to be non-offensive) that you never make one again cuz this is down-right terrible... Laukkanen is useless and couldn't even contribute in Pit, and Olvestad would find himself back in the AHL before he even knew he was traded...the guy has wicked wheels but thats about it, he needs to go buy some hands and learn how to harness the speed into something productive.

exterminator-x
10-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Is this is a legit proposal cuz if it is i'd suggest (intending to be non-offensive) that you never make one again cuz this is down-right terrible...

I think it was tongue-in-cheek. I don't think it was a legit proposal.

...and Olvestad would find himself back in the AHL before he even knew he was traded...the guy has wicked wheels but thats about it, he needs to go buy some hands and learn how to harness the speed into something productive.

In fact, he already is. He's currently in Hamilton attempting to find a second dimension to his game. He needs to stay there all season, IMO.

Sotnos
10-13-2003, 06:06 PM
I think it was tongue-in-cheek. I don't think it was a legit proposal.
You are correct. SBF loses something in the translation sometimes ;)

Rschmitz
10-14-2003, 11:06 AM
We don't have the depth or assets in this organization to go out and replace Khabi if we let him go, nor trade for someone of his caliber. And with Davidson almost certain to pull the knot even tighter on the purse there isn't likely to be that kind of room after the CBA is changed. In a perfect world the Lightning find a way to stay competitive and get whatever they can out of Khabibulin and come out of this season knowing they have a set amount to spend on free agents, especially with the prices getting shot down. Thats unlikely however and the Bolts will probably lose Khabi like they did Prospal and get nothing in return, pity