Combined Plus/Minus for Hale and Martin on opening night

Unthinkable
10-07-2003, 06:37 PM
Along the same lines as who will score the first goal of regular season...

Guess the combined plus/minus for Hale and Martin following opening night.

I'll say a combined plus one against Boston.

NJDevils#4
10-07-2003, 06:51 PM
are they both playing or is Brown getting the nod over one of them?

Well if they both are playing i'll say a -1 for them.

ZadorovNJD*
10-07-2003, 07:00 PM
+1 for Hale, on a shift with Nieds or Rafalski. Even for Martin if he's in the game.

Unthinkable
10-07-2003, 07:02 PM
are they both playing or is Brown getting the nod over one of them?

Well if they both are playing i'll say a -1 for them.

The NY Daily News reported both Hale and Martin would be playing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/124268p-111540c.html
Yesterday, the Devils made their final cuts before they open their Stanley Cup defense in Boston tomorrow night. Defenseman Ray Giroux was assigned to Albany (American Hockey League), which meant that Hale and Martin, both 22, will be starting their pro careers in the show.

To borrow a favorite phrase from Pat Burns, nothing is etched in stone, but the coach said yesterday that both rookies will be in the lineup against the Bruins.

meehan
10-08-2003, 02:50 AM
The NY Daily News reported both Hale and Martin would be playing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/124268p-111540c.html

Todays post also states that the two will play as a pair:

"Hale, who will partner with Martin tonight while Burns keeps Scott Stevens with Brian Rafalski and Colin White with Scott Niedermayer."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/devils/40993.htm

sveiglar
10-08-2003, 04:21 AM
If they play as a pair like the article indicates, I'll go with -2.

dennisjs
10-08-2003, 05:19 AM
If they play as a pair like the article indicates, I'll go with -2.

I agree. -2 for both.

sveiglar
10-08-2003, 05:28 AM
I agree. -2 for both.

Actually I was saying -2 combined; I think they'll be on the ice together for one even-strength goal against.

dennisjs
10-08-2003, 05:33 AM
Actually I was saying -2 combined; I think they'll be on the ice together for one even-strength goal against.

Oh, my mistake, i think they'll be on together for two even-strength goals against.

JimEIV
10-08-2003, 10:36 AM
Anybody know what numbers they'll be wearing? I thought I read Martin got #7? What about Hale?

Unthinkable
10-08-2003, 10:43 AM
Anybody know what numbers they'll be wearing? I thought I read Martin got #7? What about Hale?

Martin gets Giroux' number 7. Hale's number changed also from preseason. He'll be wearing number 25 I believe.

Blackjack
10-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Even if they are paired together, I'll say even. I don't think they are going to get a huge amount of ice time or play against Thornton or Rolston.

4check22
10-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Even if they are paired together, I'll say even. I don't think they are going to get a huge amount of ice time or play against Thornton or Rolston.

Completely agree. If they get more than 15 minutes tonight, I'll be surprised. Even +/- for them both with each taking 2 shots on goal. No pp time or pk time for either of them.

Unthinkable
10-08-2003, 06:41 PM
P. Martin -2
D. Hale -1
------------
-3 for the night

I Hate Tie DOMI
10-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Martin better be Albany bound.

Giroux better be New Jersey bound.

I didn't notice Hale at all, not sure if thats a good thing or not.

The ESPN announcers said the Devils have signed Tommy Albelin, but I don't believe anything ESPN says about hockey. So is this true?

Darren Pang needs to come down!! :rant: I don't know who is worse him or Gary Thorne. :dunno:

Unthinkable
10-08-2003, 06:58 PM

I didn't notice Hale at all, not sure if thats a good thing or not.

The ESPN announcers said the Devils have signed Tommy Albelin, but I don't believe anything ESPN says about hockey. So is this true?

Darren Pang needs to come down!! :rant: I don't know who is worse him or Gary Thorne. :dunno:

Someone posted a Swedish article on another Devils forum saying Albelin had already signed a contract with NJ, but I'm not sure its legit. Levy was really kissing Jeremy Jacobs' ass tonight.

Tao Jones
10-08-2003, 07:26 PM

Wow, Burns really threw Martin to the wolves tonight.
He got time on the PP, PK, and started the OT, and finished -2.
He missed his check along the boards that resulted in the game tying 3rd goal, and possibly deflected it or at least screened Marty. Overall that costs a point in the standings.