Anyone else disgusted by this?

spence___
10-07-2003, 07:20 PM
http://post-gazette.com/penguins/20031008analysis1008p4.asp

"The second line of Rico Fata between Ryan Malone and Aleksey Morozov has some offensive potential, although it probably shouldn't be counted on to generate too many goals, especially early in the season."

Malone on the 2nd line above Murley and Kraft? How many games did it take Kraft, Sivek and Surovy to get on the 2nd line last year (Beech never even got that far)?

Big McLargehuge
10-07-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm fine if only since he'll be removed after 3 games...

Jacob
10-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Malone must have earned it. I don't see what the problem is.

spence___
10-07-2003, 07:30 PM
Malone must have earned it. I don't see what the problem is.

What has he done to earn it?

The Tang
10-07-2003, 08:29 PM
dont forget abid. i dont like the decision either. it may be an attempt to spread out more scoring though.

Proffessor G DIDDY
10-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Here would have been my roster:

Straka - Lemieux - Koltsov
Abid - Fata - Morozov
Murley - Lefebvre - Malone
Meloche - Holzinger - Bradley.

Extras: Sivek, Surovy

Tarnstrom - Focht
Boileau - Oprik
Bergevin (Replace with Roszival when healthy) - Melichar

Extra: McKenna

Sebas Caron - Marc Andre Fluery

That's three offensive lines lots of speed, skill and aggression. Not to mention 7 of our youngster get an A grade opportunity. If Koltsov not playing well just remmeber dat Meloche had 5 goals in 13 games with Mario. Fata screws up Holzinger, Malone screws up Bradley is waiting for some ice time.

No need for oldies like Eastwood, Buchberger, quite frankly i thought all the penguins offseason acquisitions this summer were about as worthless as last season with Daigle, Vujtek etc. But then again the Penguins continouly forget how good Meloche, Fata, Surovy etc played last season. If they released that then they would save a mil or 2.

Der Schweinehund
10-08-2003, 01:16 AM
Olczyk did say the slate was being wiped clean. Here is some of the evidence.

Proffessor G DIDDY
10-08-2003, 01:31 AM
Olczyk did say the slate was being wiped clean. Here is some of the evidence.

Yeah guys like Meloche, Lefebrve, Surovy etc who earned their places were replaced by some rusty old players, who won't have any impact at best.

Big McLargehuge
10-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Malone, Koltsov, and Murley are rusty old players who don't have any impact at best.

Interesting...

People who deserved roster spots got them, people who didn't...didn't.

Koltsov71
10-08-2003, 03:03 AM
No need for oldies like Eastwood, Buchberger, quite frankly i thought all the penguins offseason acquisitions this summer were about as worthless as last season with Daigle, Vujtek etc. But then again the Penguins continouly forget how good Meloche, Fata, Surovy etc played last season. If they released that then they would save a mil or 2.

Yeah guys like Meloche, Lefebrve, Surovy etc who earned their places were replaced by some rusty old players, who won't have any impact at best.

Malone making the second line doesn't make me sick.. But..

Der Schweinehund
10-08-2003, 03:10 AM

That's funny. Most people's opinions who have been at training camp/pre-season seem to say positive things about many of these rusty players - most notably Buchberger and Holzinger. And for the latter, several people have swallowed their pride and said he actually hasn't looked that bad in comparison.

Meanwhile, if you scan through the posts and look for comments about Meloche, Lefebvre, and Surovy over this time period, you see a lot of "averages", "disappointings", and "expected mores."

But of course, it's all subjective, especially for us non-frontline people. Fact is, prior to training camp, I think a lot of people would have had Surovy and Lefebvre more likely to make the team than Koltsov, Murley, and Malone. For the latter two, I haven't found a sage yet who thought they had a hope in hell of making the team. So jeez - maybe players did in fact 'earn' spots on merit and effort afterall - which just might apply the rusty ones too. (Why am I expecting Rusty Fitzgerald to come back into the fold all of the sudden??)

The Tang
10-08-2003, 03:15 AM

Abid - Fata - Morozov

Tarnstrom - Focht
Boileau - Oprik

That's three offensive lines lots of speed, skill and aggression. Not to mention 7 of our youngster get an A grade opportunity. If Koltsov not playing well just remmeber dat Meloche had 5 goals in 13 games with Mario. Fata screws up Holzinger, Malone screws up Bradley is waiting for some ice time.

does the term veteran leadership mean anthing to you? if not i suggest you find out so you can see the problems with having nothing but young players on the roster. and if those guys earned the spots, why were some sent down early into the cuts?

Yeah guys like Meloche, Lefebrve, Surovy etc who earned their places were replaced by some rusty old players, who won't have any impact at best. once again, its obvious you dont know what you'r talking about. do you ever read as why why CP signed people? do you listen to teh discusions we have about it afterwards? its quite obvious you'rre pretty ignorant about the facts.

SuburbanRhythm
10-08-2003, 03:39 AM

Abid - Fata - Morozov

Tarnstrom - Focht
Boileau - Oprik

That is a great attempt to get absolutely as much youth as possible into the lineup.

But it would NEVER EVER happen.

Who do you plan on taking draws on the 3rd line? None of those guys have ever played C.