any actual good italian players

pens66-87
10-11-2005, 11:32 PM
anyone??? :dunno:

helicecopter
10-12-2005, 01:01 PM
anyone???Any players or any replying posters? ;)

Well, if you are talking about pure Italians, I would say Armin Helfer is the man (despite the name doesn’t sound like Italian, cause he is from a Northern region were German is the main language, he is 100% Italian and raised on home soil as an hockey player as well).
He is a good defender with a strong body who can join offense and who can score. He is still pretty young (24 or something I think) and for what I’ve seen last year he could play in the AHL without problems.

Even considering Italos (North American with Italian parents/relatives who are playing in/for Italy) there is not much more to talk about nowadays, the situation was much better 15 years ago.

Quite frankly the situation looks embarassing thinking about the upcoming match ups against the hockey powerhouses they will face at the Olympics.

Ste'
10-14-2005, 10:39 AM
René Baur (SO also yesterday) is a decent goalie, but now he should go out of Italy in order to improve his skills. He has a good talent and a terrific instinct. He mest work hard in another country (league), for example Sweden or Canada.

JSmith81x
10-14-2005, 02:00 PM
What about D Andreas Lutz?

Alessandro Seren Rosso
10-17-2005, 07:59 AM

He's a good prospect
And i think roland ramoser and leo insam are both good player, and another good youngster is Alberto Fontanive.

Ste'
10-18-2005, 10:41 AM

Andreas Lutz (03.30.1986) Defenseman, Ht 5’11 Wt 165

Lutz finnally is in Serie A (Ritten/Renon Coyotes). He has the talent to play in Sweden or in Finland, probably starting in 3rd tier league but many chances to play also in Allsvenkan or Mestis. He skates well, has good hands and a good shot, but he needs to learn to get it off quicker. According to Red Gendron, who was assistant coach with the New Jersey Devils, Lutz has the skill level of many fifth round draft choices from the NHL. Lutz must get physically stronger as he found out when he went to a hockey camp in Indianapolis. He also has to learn to make the first pass out of his zone faster. Mentally he has to learn to stay focused. He has a good attitude and has the potential to go further in pro hockey if he is willing to continue to work hard and be disciplined. He's in the actual roster for the Olympic games in turin, I hope he'll remain also if it seems really difficult.