2 Colorado
3Vancouver
4 Dallas
5 St Louis
6 Anaheim
7 Minnasota (only if they have Gaborik)
8Calgary (my suprise pick)
These are my picks to make the playoffs. :yo:

Well.... Canucks cannot finish third if the Avs finish second since they are in the same division.

NFITO
10-08-2003, 10:27 AM
1 Detroit
2 Colorado
3Vancouver
4 Dallas
5 St Louis
6 Anaheim
7 Minnasota (only if they have Gaborik)
8Calgary (my suprise pick)
These are my picks to make the playoffs. :yo:

Colorado and Vancouver can't be in 2-3 position... division winners are always given the 1-2-3 positions.

my guess...

1. Detroit
2. Colorado
3. Dallas
4. Anaheim
5. Vancouver
6. St. Louis
7. Los Angeles
8. Edmonton

MVP
10-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Colorado and Vancouver can't be in 2-3 position... division winners are always given the 1-2-3 positions.

my guess...

1. Detroit
2. Colorado
3. Dallas
4. Anaheim
5. Vancouver
6. St. Louis
7. Los Angeles
8. Edmonton

That was my ranking too last month, but i am getting worry about Allison and Deadmarsh with the Kings.

IceMelter
10-08-2003, 10:36 AM
1. Dallas
2. Colorado
3. Detroit
4. Vancouver
5. Anaheim
6. St. Louis
7. Los Angeles
8. Edmonton

NFITO
10-08-2003, 10:39 AM
That was my ranking too last month, but i am getting worry about Allison and Deadmarsh with the Kings.

yea.. but cechmanek is good enough to get that team in... not sure if he'll hold up in the playoffs, but regular season he's a good bet.

Hi-wayman
10-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Here's my prediction. A few surprises:

1. San Jose
2. Colorado
3. St Louis
4. Dallas
5. Nashville
6. Vancouver
7. Los Angeles
8. Anaheim
9. Calgary
10. Detroit

I see San Jose settling down & attaining what they were predicted to do last year. With the talent on the Preds, they are my sleeper this year. Detroit I think this year will miss Fedorov & Laeionov, but more importantly age and coaching will finally catch up with them. Edmonton I think has too much controversy & rookies, I see them slipping this year at the expense of Calgary. This year I see the west's strength in the Pacific Division.

MVP
10-08-2003, 12:14 PM

1. San Jose
2. Colorado
3. St Louis
4. Dallas
5. Nashville
6. Vancouver
7. Los Angeles
8. Anaheim
9. Calgary
10. Detroit

I see San Jose settling down & attaining what they were predicted to do last year. With the talent on the Preds, they are my sleeper this year. Detroit I think this year will miss Fedorov & Laeionov, but more importantly age and coaching will finally catch up with them. Edmonton I think has too much controversy & rookies, I see them slipping this year at the expense of Calgary. This year I see the west's strength in the Pacific Division.

Wow that is Wild.

Edonator
10-08-2003, 12:25 PM

my guess...

1. Detroit
2. Colorado
3. Dallas
4. Anaheim
5. Vancouver
6. St. Louis
7. Los Angeles
8. Edmonton

Overrating Anaheim. Losing Oates, Thomas, Kariya and Carney for the beginning of the season will hurt a lot. Signing Sergei and Vacval doesn't exactly fill those positions. They will either finish 6th or 7th. 4th is too high, Los Angeles a better team if healthy.

NFITO
10-08-2003, 12:43 PM
Overrating Anaheim. Losing Oates, Thomas, Kariya and Carney for the beginning of the season will hurt a lot. Signing Sergei and Vacval doesn't exactly fill those positions. They will either finish 6th or 7th. 4th is too high, Los Angeles a better team if healthy.

maybe I am overrating them, but the position I put them in is moreso because I think that the Canucks will have less points in the reg. season this year... thinking under 100 this year... so Anaheim will be ahead moreso because of Vancouver's problems at times this season, then their own great play.

with Anaheim... don't forget that they have other additions too... Carney is gone for the beginning, not all year, and they did add Simpson to their blueline recently...

also Chistov is another year more experienced and should have a better year, as could Smirnov... Lupal has also made the team...

those 3 could make up for the loss of Thomas (Chistov's improvement alone could do that)... Fedorov replaces Kariya and Prospal replaces Oates...

Gigeure is also another year more experienced, and has been improving quietly through the past few years, until making his big splash last year.

If Babcock can keep the team together, they will be a threat IMO... Fedorov is much more suited for that style of game than Kariya ever was, and could help the team more.

their lineup is pretty deep throughout as well...

up front they have Fedorov, Prospal, Sykora, Chistov, Neidermayer, Rucchin, Leclerc, Pahlsson, Lupal, Smirnov, Krog, McDonald, Bylma, Johnson... not a bad group overall

on defense they have Ozolinch, Carney (when he's back), Vishnevski, Sauer, Salei, Havelid, Simpson and Ward...

and goaltending we know is solid...

NFITO
10-08-2003, 12:44 PM

1. San Jose
2. Colorado
3. St Louis
4. Dallas
5. Nashville
6. Vancouver
7. Los Angeles
8. Anaheim
9. Calgary
10. Detroit

craaaaazzzyyyy

you love throwing those balls out of left field, don't ya??

care to bet money on these predictions? :D

PhillyNucksFan
10-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Detroit last??

Foremost, their money wont allow that to happen!!, not this year, when they have $16 M on 2 goalies..

well, bold prediction

Colorado
Detroit
Dallas
LA (Vancouver)
Vancouver (LA)
St. Louis
Anaheim
Edmonton

Reason:
Cechmanek is a good regular season G, and he will prove it with his first year in LA. Assumption here, of course, is KINGS STAY HEALTHY... If healthy, they have one of the better lineups in the NHL.

Vancouver, I hate to say it, points will down from 104 last year, simply because Western conference is too strong. WCE line wont score as much as last year. However, one big note though!!! Bertuzzi IS NOT SIGNED, yet, which means, he has all the incentives to build on last year's point/Goal total... and he probably could win the Hart this year. :yo: :yo: If he does that, Vancouver finish 4th!

STL. G will let them down, Osgood is decent, but folds often.

Anaheim, Well, Fedorov/Prospal will help, and they playing team defence trap, which will get them there. Can prospal duplicate the same season he had last year when he was on the first line of high offensive system team? He is now on a defense first team!! Oh, I am not completely sold on Prospal too.

Edmonton.. well, I simply just want 1 more canadian team on there, Cal wont make it.. it may as well be Edmonton. Good young talent, this is the year for Hemsky/York/Dvorak/Isbister to step up. Great young talent!! Decent G in Salo.

canucksfan
10-08-2003, 01:48 PM
1.Detroit
2.Dallas
3.Vancouver
4.St.Louis
5.Colorado
6.L.A.
7.Edmonton
8.San Jose

Hi-wayman
10-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Detroit last??

Foremost, their money wont allow that to happen!!, not this year, when they have $16 M on 2 goalies..

well, bold prediction

Colorado
Detroit
Dallas
LA (Vancouver)
Vancouver (LA)
St. Louis
Anaheim
Edmonton

Reason:
Cechmanek is a good regular season G, and he will prove it with his first year in LA. Assumption here, of course, is KINGS STAY HEALTHY... If healthy, they have one of the better lineups in the NHL.

Vancouver, I hate to say it, points will down from 104 last year, simply because Western conference is too strong. WCE line wont score as much as last year. However, one big note though!!! Bertuzzi IS NOT SIGNED, yet, which means, he has all the incentives to build on last year's point/Goal total... and he probably could win the Hart this year. :yo: :yo: If he does that, Vancouver finish 4th!

STL. G will let them down, Osgood is decent, but folds often.

Anaheim, Well, Fedorov/Prospal will help, and they playing team defence trap, which will get them there. Can prospal duplicate the same season he had last year when he was on the first line of high offensive system team? He is now on a defense first team!! Oh, I am not completely sold on Prospal too.

Edmonton.. well, I simply just want 1 more canadian team on there, Cal wont make it.. it may as well be Edmonton. Good young talent, this is the year for Hemsky/York/Dvorak/Isbister to step up. Great young talent!! Decent G in Salo.
Just like Dallas's money wouldn't allow them to miss the playoffs? I really think Detroit will miss Bowman this year. Last year they had the momentum of the year before, this year they won't & Feds won't be there to bail them out.

Larionov Fan
10-08-2003, 02:10 PM
maybe I am overrating them, but the position I put them in is moreso because I think that the Canucks will have less points in the reg. season this year... thinking under 100 this year... so Anaheim will be ahead moreso because of Vancouver's problems at times this season, then their own great play.

with Anaheim... don't forget that they have other additions too... Carney is gone for the beginning, not all year, and they did add Simpson to their blueline recently...

also Chistov is another year more experienced and should have a better year, as could Smirnov... Lupal has also made the team...

those 3 could make up for the loss of Thomas (Chistov's improvement alone could do that)... Fedorov replaces Kariya and Prospal replaces Oates...

Gigeure is also another year more experienced, and has been improving quietly through the past few years, until making his big splash last year.

If Babcock can keep the team together, they will be a threat IMO... Fedorov is much more suited for that style of game than Kariya ever was, and could help the team more.

their lineup is pretty deep throughout as well...

up front they have Fedorov, Prospal, Sykora, Chistov, Neidermayer, Rucchin, Leclerc, Pahlsson, Lupal, Smirnov, Krog, McDonald, Bylma, Johnson... not a bad group overall

on defense they have Ozolinch, Carney (when he's back), Vishnevski, Sauer, Salei, Havelid, Simpson and Ward...

and goaltending we know is solid...

I don't think it's the fact that Anaheim hasn't improved, but that other teams have improved much more and leap frogged them.

1. Detroit
2. Vancouver
3. Dallas
4. Colorado
5. Los Angeles
6. St. Louis
7. & 8. Two of Nashville, San Jose, Edmonton

of course, should either of my last two predictions slip, Anaheim could benefit. I just can't see any team led by Sergei Fedorov go anywhere.

Hi-wayman
10-08-2003, 02:12 PM
craaaaazzzyyyy

you love throwing those balls out of left field, don't ya??

:D
What can I say? I'm an Aquarian. We live out in left field. No money though.
:joker:

Bobby Lou
10-09-2003, 06:44 AM
Anaheim didn't exactly look impressive last night (nice -3 Fedorov).

Hrm...I really don't think Anaheim will make the splash people say...neither will LA as Deadmarsh and Allison are almost certain to miss a large number of games as neither has shirked serious concussion syndroms after such prolonged resting periods.

1. Dallas (they looked so good last night)
2. Detroit
3. Colorado
4. Vancouver
5. St. Louis
6. LA (riding Cech)
7. Anaheim (Edmonton)
8. Edmonton (Anaheim)

Outside those top 8 it's a bit of a jumble, I'm predicting a big season for Calgary and possibly Nashville. Minnesota might make a run at 8th spot if they get Gaborik and Dupuis signed, but I still see them being loosing the playoff spot last year to LA....and if not LA, someone else.

Oiltalk
10-09-2003, 06:46 AM

1. San Jose
2. Colorado
3. St Louis
4. Dallas
5. Nashville
6. Vancouver
7. Los Angeles
8. Anaheim
9. Calgary
10. Detroit

:lol:

Oiltalk
10-09-2003, 06:51 AM
1 Colorado
2 Dallas
3 Detroit
4 stlouis
5 vancouver
6 anaheim
7 los angeles
8 calgary
9 phoenix
10 columbus
11 nashville
12 edmonton
13 chicago
14 san jose
15 minnesota
Minnesota 15? Edmonton 12? Wow those are pretty huge predictions.

Detroit
Colorado
Dallas
LA(if healthy)
St. Louis
Vancouver
Edmonton
Anaheim/Chicago