Stephen Weiss

LightningFast
10-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Stephen Weiss has been demoted to the San Antonio Rampage . Surprised?

Heimy
10-08-2003, 12:02 PM
A little, but not as surprised as I am about Shvidki clearing waivers.

Both these players are far more skilled than others who made the final cut. This was Keenan choice and should not by any means be considered an indictment.

Takkie
10-08-2003, 12:13 PM
no

evildreams
10-08-2003, 12:17 PM
i peredicted this last season, if i'm not mistaken, yet most FLA homers were insistent that stevie got bigger and was more of a lock than cullen. :joker:

justapantherfan
10-09-2003, 02:56 AM
Personally I don't think he should have been keep up here last year. They should have sent him down last year before his 9th game was up. Nothing personal against him I just didn't think he was ready yet.

Coolburn
10-09-2003, 03:13 AM
It just made more sense for Weiss to get 20 mins/game in the AHL as opposed to 10-13 here in FL. He still did all the little things that a center needs to do like win faceoffs, shutdown opposing centers, etc but he just wasn't scoring like he has in the past. Time is on his side and he'll be a Cat once again. In the future, I expect him to be a 2nd line center who can be very dominant and lead this team in many departments.

PanthersRule96
10-09-2003, 09:37 AM
It just made more sense for Weiss to get 20 mins/game in the AHL as opposed to 10-13 here in FL. He still did all the little things that a center needs to do like win faceoffs, shutdown opposing centers, etc but he just wasn't scoring like he has in the past. Time is on his side and he'll be a Cat once again. In the future, I expect him to be a 2nd line center who can be very dominant and lead this team in many departments.

Top 3 forward callups should be:

in no particular order

Bednar
Shvidki
Weiss
Kolnik

evildreams
10-09-2003, 09:47 AM
It just made more sense for Weiss to get 20 mins/game in the AHL as opposed to 10-13 here in FL.

ya think? :rolleyes: you weren't always singing that tune.

he just wasn't scoring like he has in the past.

and when exactly was all of this scoring he did at one time occur? juniors? nice try

the kid is horrid, and ONE DAY you guys will admit weiss w/ the #4 pick was a mistake

evildreams
10-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Top 3 forward callups should be:

in no particular order

Bednar
Shvidki
Weiss
Kolnik

weiss ahead of kolnik? shvidki ahead of anyone? you're too funny. if anything, shvidki's got to leapfrog kolnik to get rw duty w/ the big club. so, there's a better chance of weiss cracking the top 3 lines at center, currently occupied by jokinen/cullen/horton (the 4th line job is out of the question, since he'd only see 8-9 mins./game), than kolnik leaping one of samuelsson/novoseltsev/bednar? lol, speaking of that, wtf is bednar doing ahead of kolnik? what a hoot; i'm loooooooooooooooooving the logic :lol:

Skylab
10-09-2003, 10:16 AM
weiss ahead of kolnik? shvidki ahead of anyone? you're too funny. if anything, shvidki's got to leapfrog kolnik to get rw duty w/ the big club. so, there's a better chance of weiss cracking the top 3 lines at center, currently occupied by jokinen/cullen/horton (the 4th line job is out of the question, since he'd only see 8-9 mins./game), than kolnik leaping one of samuelsson/novoseltsev/bednar? lol, speaking of that, wtf is bednar doing ahead of kolnik? what a hoot; i'm loooooooooooooooooving the logic :lol:

Re-read the post and focus on the part that says "in no particular order"

evildreams
10-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Re-read the post and focus on the part that says "in no particular order"

ah ha; gracias. says 3 forwards, yet 4 are listed? why oh why is that?

Coolburn
10-09-2003, 06:36 PM
ya think? :rolleyes: you weren't always singing that tune.I was saying that if he didn't earn his spot than he should go to the AHL but with the added weight in the offseason and there was the possibility that Horton wouldn't be signed so he could have made the squad.and when exactly was all of this scoring he did at one time occur? juniors? nice try

the kid is horrid, and ONE DAY you guys will admit weiss w/ the #4 pick was a mistakeYeah in juniors...go ahead and look up his stats. I'm not saying he was an offensive juggernaut at Plymouth but he put up a good number of points. Since I know you won't go research it, I'll link the stats so you can see them for yourself. For his entire junior career, he was at least a pt per game player which isn't anything to sneeze at but he also played great defense. Given time to develop a little more and ice time, he will be a strong center worthy of being a top 5 pick.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid%5B%5D=50230

jacksheit
10-09-2003, 06:45 PM
can u say horton
CUZ HORTON ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :handclap: :yo:

Chaos2k7
10-10-2003, 04:49 AM
can u say horton
CUZ HORTON ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :handclap: :yo:

Evil Dreams you are a joke. And a loser.

:lol:

evildreams
10-10-2003, 05:12 AM
I was saying that if he didn't earn his spot than he should go to the AHL but with the added weight in the offseason and there was the possibility that Horton wouldn't be signed so he could have made the squad.Yeah in juniors...go ahead and look up his stats. I'm not saying he was an offensive juggernaut at Plymouth but he put up a good number of points. Since I know you won't go research it, I'll link the stats so you can see them for yourself. For his entire junior career, he was at least a pt per game player which isn't anything to sneeze at but he also played great defense. Given time to develop a little more and ice time, he will be a strong center worthy of being a top 5 pick.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid%5B%5D=50230

you're going to go reference his jr. points? ever heard of simon gamache or jeremy jackson? wow, residing to jr. scoring and pt./gm. play there? um, most guys who play in the nhl whom came up through the chl were likely undrafted if they WEREN'T a point/gm. player in major canadian junior. i can't get over you using this as some sort of proof/support of weiss.

evildreams
10-10-2003, 05:15 AM
Evil Dreams you are a joke. And a loser.

:lol:

i'm a loser b/c i think weiss sucks. btw, you should be banned for such a statement.

Chaos2k7
10-10-2003, 05:16 AM
you're going to go reference his jr. points? ever heard of simon gamache or jeremy jackson? wow, residing to jr. scoring and pt./gm. play there? um, most guys who play in the nhl whom came up through the chl were likely undrafted if they WEREN'T a point/gm. player in major canadian junior. i can't get over you using this as some sort of proof/support of weiss.

I can assure of one thing ED.

Weiss will be up and enjoying a very productive career whilst Kolnik is a career minor leaguer. And you know talent?

:rolleyes:

Crossbar
10-10-2003, 05:49 AM
IMO the first callups from SA will be in this order:

C: 1st - Nedorost (once he heals), 2nd - Weiss, (McDonald inserted if Ritchie does not play)

LW: 1st - Campbell, 2nd - Kolnik, 3rd - Shvidki

RW: 1st - Bednar, (Beaudoin = if we need a defensive checking forward on the 4th line in case someone gets hurt or Messier gets moved on D)

D: (Nights we need skill): 1st - Krajicek, 2nd - Novak
(Nights we need toughness): 1st - Trnka, 2nd - Paul, 3rd - McNeill

Novoseltsev probably = first immediate callup if Bure gets injured or something.

m2k2p
10-10-2003, 06:53 AM
IMO the first callups from SA will be in this order:

C: 1st - Nedorost (once he heals), 2nd - Weiss, (McDonald inserted if Ritchie does not play)

LW: 1st - Campbell, 2nd - Kolnik, 3rd - Shvidki

RW: 1st - Bednar, (Beaudoin = if we need a defensive checking forward on the 4th line in case someone gets hurt or Messier gets moved on D)

D: (Nights we need skill): 1st - Krajicek, 2nd - Novak
(Nights we need toughness): 1st - Trnka, 2nd - Paul, 3rd - McNeill

Novoseltsev probably = first immediate callup if Bure gets injured or something.

Just a little correction...Trnka, Novo and McDonald were the healthy scratches last night so they do not need to be called up, but I know what your saying as far as depth. I hope Campbell does get a callup and shows what he can do. I like Bednar but it is hard for him to fit in the line-up right now unless like you say Bure gets hurt(that would never happen ;) ). Maybe Nederost will take over the 2nd center spot, unless Horton takes over that spot before him. These things would make the Panthers have to trade Cullen. Nederost can also play LW as well if their is some injury there.

Coolburn
10-10-2003, 01:22 PM
you're going to go reference his jr. points? ever heard of simon gamache or jeremy jackson? wow, residing to jr. scoring and pt./gm. play there? um, most guys who play in the nhl whom came up through the chl were likely undrafted if they WEREN'T a point/gm. player in major canadian junior. i can't get over you using this as some sort of proof/support of weiss.You really can't compare the scoring of the OHL to the QMJHL because those 2 canadian junior leagues are so different in style of play. You could look at Kolnik stats in juniors and say he should be an outstanding player. But most of the players that come from the Q amass 100 pt seasons if they're any good. My direct quote about Weiss was "he just wasn't scoring like he has in the past"...what other past does Weiss have but juniors and one season of NHL. And if you take a look at Horton's stats, they're not better than Weiss really if you use each of their first 2 yrs. The difference is that Weiss plays a more cerebral game while Horton plays a more physical game. And I said at least a pt per game play...the actual numbers are 1.03, 1.40, & 1.52 in his 3 yrs at Plymouth. Now compare that to what Horton had: 1.05 & 1.26. I'm not saying I wouldn't want Horton (he was damn fun to watch last nite) but Weiss has the talent and drive to succeed in the league. Given time, he'll be a top center in the NHL.:bow:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid%5B%5D=59739