Claude Lemieux a UFA

MattNJD
10-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Dallas buys out the rest of his contract. Pays him 90% of current contract.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/dal9.html

Does Lou take a look? :dunno:

Blackjack
10-08-2003, 01:02 PM
no

NJDevils#4
10-08-2003, 01:24 PM
Probably not. No reason to snap at him Blackjack. It's not unreasonable to see Lou snag someone like Lemieux at this point in his career. Lou did it with Albelin, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it for a 3rd time with Pepe. For now though, I'll say probably not.

Blackjack
10-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Sorry, sometimes I can forget that short replies look snappy on the internet. Not really interested, I think he's too old.

Brodeur
10-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Only way I could see Lou being interested is if we get off to a bad start and guys like Rupp, Rasmussen, and Berglund are absolutely atrocious.

Niedermayer21
10-08-2003, 09:03 PM
I'd bring in Claude for one more encore and trade Turner Stevenson for whatever we can get.

No one is currently wearing #22. We could have used Claude against the Bruins tonight. He is very emotional and stirs things up. If he would play for less than a mil, what the heck, sign him!

Guttersnipe
10-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Turner is a 1.3 mil groin injury, he's untradable.

openicehit04
10-09-2003, 08:25 AM
I think at the right price Lou would consider it. We got richer back why not Claude? Maybe have igor play with elias and gomer back with Claude? I'm sure something could be worked out. After lasts nights boston game anybody who can play physical and can actually play is welcomed on the devils in my opinion. Why not a devil legend?

Vanya
10-09-2003, 08:50 AM
In my books, Claude has earned the right to come and play for us anytime. I'd welcome his addition to the team. I might get a tad concerned about having a handful of forwards who are pretty much uniform in how they play and what they contribute, but Claude brings those "intangibles" and any chance at a Stanley Cup hangover (not that I think there will be one, but still...) will be erased.

Niedermayer21
10-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Friesen--Gomez--Lemieux/Rupp/Marshall
Elias--Larionov/Rupp--Brylin/Rupp/Marshall (Suglobov)
Pandolfo--Madden--Langenbrunner
Berglund--Rasmussen--Gionta/Marshall/Lemieux

Hey, I am sure Claude can still skate and create havoc. He might be nice on that fourth line with Berglund and Rasmussen. If he shows he still has something left, he could play anywhere. Gives us a little more versatility than Turner Stevenson, who is really a third or fourth-liner because of his plodding skating style.

I think we could get "future considerations" for Turner. Depending on if he plays a certain amount of games and gets a certain amount of penalty minutes, etc., we could possibly garner a third-rounder. I would take that.

I think Claude would take 1.5 or maybe a mil. Hey, better than nothing!!!