Serie B

luciousharris
10-17-2005, 04:17 PM
How good is the 2nd division in Italy? Is it as good as the ECHL? or the CHL? I have hard alot of players going over to the Italian Leagues. I never knew how good they were. Players seem to like the leagues alot! :yo:

Ste'
10-18-2005, 10:47 AM
How good is the 2nd division in Italy? Is it as good as the ECHL? or the CHL? I have hard alot of players going over to the Italian Leagues. I never knew how good they were. Players seem to like the leagues alot! :yo:

Serie B (now Serie A2) it's a poor league. It's unusual to have 3 good lines, most of the teams have only 2 decent lines and a second-rate player in ECHL could scores a lot of gol in Serie B. You could compare Serie A with the best team in ECHL but there's big differences between Serie A and Serie A2.

PS Take into consideration that 2 teams in A2 playing in an outdoor arena. :confused:

KariyaIsGod*
10-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Wow...

So do people playing this make any money, or is it for the love of the game?

What about Serie A? I see a ton of guys from North America heading over to italy to play. Do they make good money? Is it popular in terms of attendance?

luciousharris
10-18-2005, 05:59 PM
OUTDOORS! I heard that players (imports) can make up to 90,000 US in Italy!!

Ste'
10-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Wow...

So do people playing this make any money, or is it for the love of the game?

What about Serie A? I see a ton of guys from North America heading over to italy to play. Do they make good money? Is it popular in terms of attendance?

In Serie A2 (second tier league) and sometimes in Serie A Italian players have another job. in Italy there's a lot of players from America often with double passport USA or Canada and Italian. For example Giulio Scandella, Tony Tuzzolino, Mario Brian Chitarroni or Jason Muzzatti. A lot of players make good money, 45.000 USD for a season. And also they have out of this money the house and a car.That's possible if you're a good player. I don't take into consideration last season because with NHL lockout there was to many differences, much more sponsors and money.

Ste'
10-20-2005, 09:10 AM
OUTDOORS!!! :eek: I heard that players (imports) can make up to 90,000 US in Italy!!

No, 90.000 USD probably the NHL stars last season. The outdoors Arenas are approved only in second tier League and in Juniors championships.

luciousharris
10-20-2005, 08:08 PM
I guess I have been misinformed. That is still good pay for any league. Do the imports usually stay around after the season? Or do they just leave right after the season?

Ste'
10-21-2005, 06:27 AM
I guess I have been misinformed. That is still good pay for any league. Do the imports usually stay around after the season? Or do they just leave right after the season?
Sometimes they remain, I presume that's a good chance to stay in a wonderful country. Many players arrived at the end of their career. For example now Bolzano acquired Rob Zamuner.

luciousharris
10-21-2005, 06:16 PM
I heard that Jari Kurri and Glen Anderson played in Italy a while back. Did anyone get to see any of them play while they were there?