Igor's first game as a Devil

golfmade
10-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Hello all, just wondering how he looked. I saw he got two assists tonight and I couldn't be happier for him. Obviously wish he could have stayed with the Wings but best of luck to him in NJ!

4check22
10-09-2003, 05:29 AM
Hello all, just wondering how he looked. I saw he got two assists tonight and I couldn't be happier for him. Obviously wish he could have stayed with the Wings but best of luck to him in NJ!

According to Niedermayer, he is the best passer in the game today that he has played with. He had nothing but great things to say about Igor. I'm excited to have him here to set up some of our scorers. Whoever has the pleasure of playing on his line is guaranteed to get some open looks with the puck. Great player! :handclap:

Blackjack
10-09-2003, 08:14 AM
It's really a pleasure to watch Igor carry the puck, he seems to just slow the game down. No insane homerun passes like Gomez and Rafalski, just a lot of clever drop passes and give-and-gos. I think he'll have a good year. Even when he was on Detroit he was one of my favorite players.

openicehit04
10-09-2003, 09:17 AM
Igors calmness and patience with the puck is amazing. At times I thought he was dead when the puck was in possession, that's how calm he is. Great addition to the team.. improving the pp already.

golfmade
10-09-2003, 11:09 AM
It's really a pleasure to watch Igor carry the puck, he seems to just slow the game down. No insane homerun passes like Gomez and Rafalski, just a lot of clever drop passes and give-and-gos. I think he'll have a good year. Even when he was on Detroit he was one of my favorite players.

Exactly. His patience is unsurpassed and he's an amazing passer. I really miss him on the Wings but what can ya do. Best of luck to him in NJ, i'll check back often (as I like a few other of the Devils players too).

jaydevils
10-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Exactly. His patience is unsurpassed and he's an amazing passer. I really miss him on the Wings but what can ya do. Best of luck to him in NJ, i'll check back often (as I like a few other of the Devils players too).

When igor has the puck it seems like slow motion - not like he's moving slow but like he's moving faster then everyone else. That has always amazed me about his play.

Unthinkable
10-09-2003, 03:05 PM
When igor has the puck it seems like slow motion - not like he's moving slow but like he's moving faster then everyone else. That has always amazed me about his play.

I noticed the bullet time slow motion type effect once last night when he made a play skating into the Bruins defensive zone and he appeared to be in total control of the game for a few moments. It was impressive and at the same time quite surprising to see it so soon with him missing almost all of training camp. The professor is a great nickname for him. Makes a lot of sense to me now.