I talked to Tärnströms father.

BF_Sweden
10-09-2003, 10:10 AM
I was at a restaurant here in my hometown in Sweden and the girl in the bar introduced me to him. We sat and talked for almost an hour. Mostly about Dicks career in Pittsburgh and in NY Islanders.
He said some interesting stuff, like that Tärnström has always been compaired to Kenny Jönsson and although Tärnström scored alot of goals in the juniors he never got the credit that Kenny got.

He also told me about a story in NYI when the father was there visiting. Dick had played quite good the game before but was told that he had to go to the farm-team.

Appereantly Tarnström got angry because he wanted his father to see him play on an NHL-team while he was visiting. Well, it was really interesting to speak to him. Im sure I will talk more later cause the restaurant is just outside my door.

Koltsov71
10-09-2003, 10:42 AM
Awesome story. Very cool! :yo:

The Tang
10-09-2003, 10:46 AM
yea, thats pretty cool.

Robert Paulson*
10-09-2003, 12:11 PM
Agreed. Getting to meet parents/relatives of hockey players must be pretty cool.

Darth Vitale
10-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Nice!

tom_servo
10-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Did you tell him that in Pittsburgh he's known as "The Great Dick Tarnstrom?"

BF_Sweden
10-10-2003, 04:35 AM
Let me see if I get this straight. Tarnstrom's father's unbiased opinion that he is underrated. And Tarnstrom was mad because Isles were more interested in putting the best team on the ice rather rather than making their judgments based on whose daddy was in the stands.

Wow. That's deep!

I dont think fathers of NHL:ers think deeper than any other relative to a sporting son. I think I would also be a bit upset if I hadnt seen my father in a year and I had played a great game the night before and then was asked to pack you bags and play in another town and in another league. Im not sure that the Islanders treat Tärnström right and based their decisions only on pure hockey. They have made som questionable moves over the years.

Robocop
10-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Awesome story. Very cool! :yo:

I must just say that The Moose visited my dad´s ... summer cabin (is that right??) last summer. He signed our saunadoor:)

I thought that was pretty cool even though he´s not a Penguin anymore!!

Koltsov71
10-10-2003, 11:28 AM
I must just say that The Moose visited my dad´s ... summer cabin (is that right??) last summer. He signed our saunadoor:)

I thought that was pretty cool even though he´s not a Penguin anymore!!

:lol: Awesome man.