Aubin, or Hoglund

Tbg1515
10-09-2003, 06:57 PM
If you were lou would you take a shot on either one or both Jonas Hoglund, and or J.S. Aubin

Hoglund would fit in nicely on the Gomez line with Elias

and

a Broduer Aubin 1 to 2 Goaltending (french canadien style would be an improvement over Corey in nets

Its worth a shot. But not for much money

Unthinkable
10-09-2003, 07:05 PM
If you were lou would you take a shot on either one or both Jonas Hoglund, and or J.S. Aubin

Hoglund would fit in nicely on the Gomez line with Elias

and

a Broduer Aubin 1 to 2 Goaltending (french canadien style would be an improvement over Corey in nets

Its worth a shot. But not for much money

Did you somehow miss Corey Schwab's numbers last season by chance? His stats were unbelievable considering how few starts he had.

I Hate Tie DOMI
10-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Jonas Hoglund!?!?!?!?!?!

You have got to be kidding me.

dennisjs
10-10-2003, 12:44 AM
They both suck.

NJ_Devil_Boy
10-10-2003, 06:03 AM
Living in Toronto, I've been able to see lots of Hoglund's play. He's not the most gifted player in the NHL, but he is a solid 3rd line player. My problem with him is every time he gets a good chance to score (like in the slot), he +95% of the time he nails the goalie in the chest protector. Also, IMO, Quinn ruined his reputation in T.O. Think about it...you put a 3rd liner on your #1 line and the centre of your #1 is Sundin. When Hoglund (who isn't a gifted goal scorer) brings home 13 goals in 82 games on your #1 line, how do you think T.O. fans will react?

sveiglar
10-10-2003, 06:50 AM
Stop.

Sykie
10-10-2003, 09:19 AM
For the last time, we have too many third liners.

Elias, Gomez, Gionta, Marshall, Langenbrunner, Friesen, Brylin, Larionov, Madden, Pandolfo should be locked on our lines. 10 forwards.

That leaves only 2 spots for Berglund, Rupp, Rasmussen, and Stevenson when he'll be back. Berglund and Rasmussen deserve their chance but that would leave Rupp out, and when Stevenson will be back, we don't know where he will fit.

We have plenty of depth. So what's the point to add another third liner ? It makes 0 sense.

Hope it is clear, it is getting old to see that kind of discussion.

As for Aubin, we already have Schwab and Lou exposed Clemenssen to keep Schwab. Considering how good is Clemenssen, Schwab is here to stay.