4:05 p.m. ET Kansas City Chiefs at San Diego Chargers
4:15 p.m. ET Philadelphia Eagles at Denver Broncos
4:15 p.m. ET Tampa Bay Buccaneers at San Francisco 49ers
8:30 p.m. ET Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots

MONDAY
9:00 p.m. ET Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers

acr*
10-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Tedy Bruschi WILL PLAY tonight and may even get the start!

Un****ingbelievable. The guy had a stroke just a few months ago and after one week of being cleared for practice, he's back.

X0X0A0
10-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I wanna see him come back but I don't think I can stand ESPN's ballwashing of Brady for long tonight...

For fantasy football, Carnell Williams will play today against SF.

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 11:07 AM
hopefully Bruschi tears his acl in the first half

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Why would you say such a thing? Please tell me your joking, that's pretty damn low man.

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Why would you say such a thing? Please tell me your joking, that's pretty damn low man.

I just hate bruschi, I figured I was being nice by going for a knee injury and not something like a severe concussion

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 11:19 AM
I just hate bruschi, I figured I was being nice by going for a knee injury and not something like a severe concussion
Hopping serious injury on anyone is not being nice at all, it's just a damn game, if you want to wish he misses a hundred tackles today that's one thing, but to wish for pain and suffering to another human being is just wrong.

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Hopping serious injury on anyone is not being nice at all, it's just a damn game, if you want to wish he misses a hundred tackles today that's one thing, but to wish for pain and suffering to another human being is just wrong.
eh Ive seen, said, and heard much worse on here than that around here

maybe they should give him a purple heart for coming back to his million dollar a year job, maybe pres Bush can name him to the supreme court for his great courage and strength and gumption....Bruschi is doing nothing more than millions of people do every year and he is being canonized for it, that on top of my previous hatred for him leads to my wishing him ill will

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 11:36 AM
eh Ive seen, said, and heard much worse on here than that around here

maybe they should give him a purple heart for coming back to his million dollar a year job, maybe pres Bush can name him to the supreme court for his great courage and strength and gumption....Bruschi is doing nothing more than millions of people do every year and he is being canonized for it, that on top of my previous hatred for him leads to my wishing him ill will
I don't have a problem with you hating him because he's an ******* or getting to much press, that's not my beef here. And I could care less others wish serious injury to others, that alone does not make what you said justifiable.

Look man, I don't want to take this any further, so lets just leave it at that and move on.

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 11:40 AM
I don't have a problem with you hating him because he's an ******* or getting to much press, that's not my beef here. And I could care less others wish serious injury to others, that alone does not make what you said justifiable.

Look man, I don't want to take this any further, so lets just leave it at that and move on.fair enough

of course the only game I care to watch isnt on untill tomorrow so I can imagine what kind of crap will be televised in columbus today

well yeah I guess I can imagine, it will be both the Browns and Bungles games...hopefully Favre can pull off a little magic and send the bengals to another L

X0X0A0
10-30-2005, 11:49 AM
While I gotta say wishing in injury on a player is wrong I hope Leonard Little tears his ACL and has to retire, then gets drunk and this time gets killed insted of another innocent person.

PACaptain
10-30-2005, 11:50 AM
While I love watching my Steelers on a Sunday, there is something cool about weeks where they don't play and I can just watch all the games develop without much emotional attachment (much because I still root against the Patriots and Broncos).

Bruschi coming back seems very planned out to me. I remember in preseason when they did not put him on the IR or retired list and I saw this coming a mile away. I do not wish major injury upon him but I don't see him being a real big factor on the field.

Upset pick of the day: Vikings over Panthers
I used to be on the Carolina bandwagon but they are way too inconsistent and their offense just isn't what I would like it to be. As long as Minnesota sticks to getting the ball to Mewelde Moore and holds the fort on defense, Mike Tice will become the new Wayne Fontes and continue to hold on to his job even though it seems like he should get the axe.

PACaptain
10-30-2005, 11:51 AM
While I gotta say wishing in injury on a player is wrong I hope Leonard Little tears his ACL and has to retire, then gets drunk and this time gets killed insted of another innocent person.

Again, maybe a bit much but Leonard Little is a classic example of a guy who should be in jail but isn't because he can rush the quarterback. If he was an accountant or a construction worker, he would be doing hard time.

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Now THAT ******* deserves any bad things that can happen to him, I was so sick to my stomach when he got busted for a DWI after killing someone while driving drunk previously. That poor victim's family too, it must have felt like he pissed all over their loved ones grave when he got busted again. :madfire:

acr*
10-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Pittsburgh fans... :shakehead

PACaptain
10-30-2005, 12:20 PM

Please don't generalize. I don't wish injury upon Bruschi, my only point is this seems very planned by the organization so it shouldn't be so much of a surprise. Not putting a guy on IR or the retired list in preseason, they knew he would be back.

Burberry Manning
10-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Im really pumped up for todays games. Its certainly going to be a tear-jerking event at the Meadowlands this afternoon to see Wellington's Giants try and win one for the Duke.

Do it Eli

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 12:28 PM
it has nothing to do with my rooting intrests, I just hate him, I dont care if he plays for the Pats, the 49ers, the Jets or the Steelers, I just hate Bruschi, or should I call him St. Bruschi now?

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 12:29 PM
That's enough guys, don't get off topic anymore.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Julius Jones has all the talent in the world, but he's fragile as hell. Out again today.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 12:56 PM
Usually I have a choice between three or four games at 1:00. Today, the only game I can watch is the Giants-Redskins. :cry:

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Usually I have a choice between three or four games at 1:00. Today, the only game I can watch is the Giants-Redskins. :cry:
Yeah I noticed the weak matchups also for 1pm, will be watching the Jints-Skins game as well.

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 01:01 PM
could be worse, on one channel I get Browns/Texans and the other is Bungles/Pack

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 01:21 PM
could be worse, on one channel I get Browns/Texans and the other is Bungles/Pack

Ouch.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Wow, Jax should be creaming St. Louis, but are trailing 14-7 already. :shakehead

Troy McClure
10-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Julius Jones has all the talent in the world, but he's fragile as hell. Out again today.
I don't blame him for getting hurt last year. He wanted to come out, and the New Jersey Con Man made Jones stay out where the injury went from bad to worse.

Vic Rattlehead*
Jags catch a break. After fumbling the ball away, they intercept it Come on and tie it!

acr*
I don't really know much about that Mara guy the Giants were paying tribute to was(I think he was one of the owners...), but that granddaughter of his who sang the anthem was pretty cute.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 01:36 PM
I don't really know much about that Mara guy the Giants were paying tribute to was(I think he was one of the owners...), but that granddaughter of his who sang the anthem was pretty cute.

I believe he was the team president. :dunno:

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 01:44 PM
4-1-STL 25 (1:12) B.Leftwich pass incomplete to J.Smith

That is why I hate the Jags offence. You do not go for it on fourth and one on the St. Louis 25 in the FIRST QUARTER! You kick the field goal. :shakehead

X0X0A0
10-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Nice play by the Giants to get the Redskins to waste a timeout.

The Giants were looking like they were going to punt when their punter ran off the field and Tim Hasselback who was hiding behind one of the blockers went under center, Redskins call timeout and then the Giants kick it right down the middle for 3 points.

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 01:55 PM
No doubt, she's going to be a real heartbreaker when she gets older.

guinness
10-30-2005, 01:59 PM
No doubt, she's going to be a real heartbreaker when she gets older.

Per...nevermind, it's probably the most exciting thing you've seen in awhile, being a Devils fan and all.

BTW, how 'bout them Detroit Lions?
:sarcasm:

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Tiki Barber having just a HUGE day against the Redskins so far, 10 carries for 136 yards including two runs of 50+ yards.

Detox
10-30-2005, 02:02 PM
As a Cowboys fan, to only get the Giants/Skins game :banghead:

While Eli is being stuff down our throats is hard to take, to watch the skins play brutally doesnt help.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Wow, Jags miss a field goal.

Still 14-7 St. Louis. :shakehead

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 02:06 PM
espn.com says Culpepper injured his knee? any idea if he did or the severity?

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Mathis intercepts Martin for the second time today. Time to get something going Jacksonville!!!!!

Riggins
10-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Mathis intercepts Martin for the second time today. Time to get something going Jacksonville!!!!!

Wilford with the TD catch. 14-14. :handclap:

X0X0A0
10-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Wellington Mara is dead, Fox. WE GET IT.

We don't need to see pictures of him after EVERY commercial break or a video tribute of him with a Greenday song as the background music.

Troy McClure
10-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Favre now has four interceptions. Four of the last five Packers posessions have ended with interceptions. The third interception was god awful.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Wilford with the TD catch. 14-14. :handclap:

Jones TD catch, 21-17 Jags!!

Troy McClure
10-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Uh... make that FIVE interceptions for Favre.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Wow, Leftwich throws an interception at the worst time. :shakehead

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Uh... make that FIVE interceptions for Favre.
Against the Vikings and Packers alone, the Bengals have recovered 10 interceptions.
:biglaugh:

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Way to go Leftwich, throwing an interception and allowing St. Louis to score. 24-21. :shakehead :shakehead

JCD
10-30-2005, 03:28 PM
espn.com says Culpepper injured his knee? any idea if he did or the severity?

He was scrambling and Gamble dove at his knees for the tackle (not neccesarily dirty, happens all the time; especially when you are trying to take down somebody 60+ pounds bigger than you). Reinjured the same ligament he hurt against the Bucs.

No official word yet, but definately out the rest of this game and good chance he missed at least a week.

JCD
10-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Against the Vikings and Packers alone, the Bengals have recovered 10 interceptions.

Don't forget 5 more on Orton from Chicago.

15 INTs from NFC North opponents.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Wow, Wilford has 112 yards on four receptions. :eek:

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Scobee, who has been great all season, has missed two field goals today. :shakehead

PACaptain
10-30-2005, 03:34 PM
I would like to note that I was on Dayquil when I called Minnesota the upset of the day. Culpepper hurt now, looks real bad for the Vikes. Mike Tice wants to know if anyone will need an O-line coach next season? He is updating his resume. 31-7 Panthers.

I can't tell if the Giants are for real or if the Redskins are that bad.

Are those Jaguars the same ones that beat my Steelers? Sure does not look like it.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Jacksonville is playing very badly right now. They should be dominating the Rams.

This happens every year. They look like they are going to make the playoffs, then they crash down into oblivion.

Detox
10-30-2005, 03:39 PM
I would like to note that I was on Dayquil when I called Minnesota the upset of the day. Culpepper hurt now, looks real bad for the Vikes. Mike Tice wants to know if anyone will need an O-line coach next season? He is updating his resume. 31-7 Panthers.

I can't tell if the Giants are for real or if the Redskins are that bad.
Are those Jaguars the same ones that beat my Steelers? Sure does not look like it.
Tiki Barber and Micahel Strahan are for real...Skins just havnt shown up for this game

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 03:43 PM
can the skins score 50 one week and give up 50 the next?

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 03:44 PM
I can't believe this depleted Rams team is about to beat Jacksonville. :shakehead

PACaptain
10-30-2005, 03:51 PM
How about the Texans to possibly get off the snide?

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Yay! Four incomplete passes in row, en route to a 4-3 record. :cry:

Damn Leftwich, throwing that interception ruined the game. :shakehead

Riggins
10-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Damn Leftwich, throwing that interception ruined the game. :shakehead

Well he did throw a perfect pass, the INT was Wilford's fault, he bobbled it. Other than that Wilford had a terrific game. Horrible loss with Bulger, Holt and Bruce out of the lineup.

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 03:56 PM
goofy ending to the Bengals/Pack game with Favre faking the spike then running and underhanding a pass to a tightend after he was past the line of scrimmage

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 03:57 PM
Well he did throw a perfect pass, the INT was Wilford's fault, he bobbled it. Other than that Wilford had a terrific game. Horrible loss with Bulger, Holt and Bruce out of the lineup.

The schedule after the bye week (including today's game) seemed really easy to me. Watching this debace has made me realize that this team can't come up big when they need to.

X0X0A0
10-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Not sure if its been posted but Simeon Rice was sent home for missing a meeting saturday night.

Are you sure you dont wan't him San Diego?

Riggins
10-30-2005, 04:17 PM
The schedule after the bye week (including today's game) seemed really easy to me. Watching this debace has made me realize that this team can't come up big when they need to.

Yeah, this definitely should have been a win if the team could execute properly. Scobee really blew it. Leftwich was so-so. Taylor and Wilford had good games but it wasn't enough. The Jags make things so hard on themselves, for once I would like to see a comfortable victory. If they get into the playoffs it will be by the skin of their teeth.

ATG
10-30-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh crap Garcia threw a pick and Chicago ran it back. There goes my pro line :rant: :rant:

Hawkalyzer
10-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Da Bears!

Dr Love
10-30-2005, 04:46 PM
goofy ending to the Bengals/Pack game with Favre faking the spike then running and underhanding a pass to a tightend after he was past the line of scrimmage
If Joe Buck was calling that game, I have no doubt he spent the next five minutes making excuses for Favre.

Mathletic
10-30-2005, 05:21 PM
puntfest between the Bucs and Niners

Chaos
10-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Eagles getting hammered by Denver, 21-0, as Dawkins just watches Rod Smith run by him and catch an easy TD.

Doomsday Device
10-30-2005, 05:34 PM
McNabb is 0 for 11 right now.

chris_dub
10-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Haha go Eagles

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

FlyersGuy69
10-30-2005, 05:44 PM
I didn't think the Iggles could look any worse then they did against the Cowboys but I was wrong. the Broncos are absolutely scha-hoooling da birds today. :biglaugh:

X0X0A0
10-30-2005, 05:48 PM
He finally completed a pass! 1-14 for 4 yards.

Dr Love
10-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Time for McNabb's annual three game slump...

Burberry Manning
10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Time for McNabb's annual three game slump...
I always believed he just wasn't an accurate enough passer to carry a team with his arm and my beliefs are being affirmed. I dont know if Donovan is actually hurting from the "sports hernia" or it's something else but I really think that he needs to start running to add another dimension to this offense

Fighter
10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
First TD of the year for Tony Gonzales, of course when he plays in my opponent's team in this week mathcup.

Fighter
10-30-2005, 06:24 PM
I always believed he just wasn't an accurate enough passer to carry a team with his arm and my beliefs are being affirmed. I dont know if Donovan is actually hurting from the "sports hernia" or it's something else but I really think that he needs to start running to add another dimension to this offense

Kinda hard to do that when you have three different injuries.
I think he's one hit away from the "Season over" tag.

clefty
10-30-2005, 06:24 PM
You suck, Chris Simms.

If this is anyone other than Dorsey and the 49ers, we're down by 20.

Fighter
10-30-2005, 06:30 PM
91 yards TD by TO :amazed:

Dr Love
10-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I always believed he just wasn't an accurate enough passer to carry a team with his arm and my beliefs are being affirmed.
This is hilarious without actually being funny. The guy went to three straight NFC Conference Championship games with no star skill position players on offense, and then last year went to a Super Bowl with his main weapon out of action; and now, after ONE game--one game that isn't even over (and as I type this it's now 28-14 with about ten to go in the third)--with a hernia, shin injury, and a bruised sternum, you boldly proclaim that he isn't an accurate enough passer to carry a team with his arm. Bravo BB, you are truly amazing.

I dont know if Donovan is actually hurting from the "sports hernia" or it's something else but I really think that he needs to start running to add another dimension to this offense
And this part of your post is even better. He can't run because he has a hernia.

Fighter
10-30-2005, 06:52 PM
As usual Donovan in the second half kicks ***! :yo:

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 06:53 PM
As usual Donovan in the second half kicks ***! :yo:

I think it has more to do with Denver playing like the real Denver Broncos.....

Fighter
10-30-2005, 06:54 PM
I think it has more to do with Denver playing like the real Denver Broncos.....

Remember the game vs the Chiefs? It's not the first time he is horrible in the first half and awesome in the second.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Remember the game vs the Chiefs? It's not the first time he is horrible in the first half and awesome in the second.
That game had more to do with the Chiefs choking than McNabb being awesome. That was a sad display by Kansas City.

Fighter
10-30-2005, 07:00 PM
It was like 21-0 after the first drives for KC, sad display?

Why don't give some props to the Eagles and McNabb then?

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Awesome McNabb intercepted in the endzone.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 07:08 PM
It was like 21-0 after the first drives for KC, sad display?

Why don't give some props to the Eagles and McNabb then?
I meant "Sad display in the second half".

McNabb played well, but there was no reason for KC to lose that game after leading by 18 points. No way in hell should they have lost. They just gave up.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Denver scores.

clefty
10-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Simms.... :shakehead

What the hell? Have all of my sports teams been taking the same ineptitude pills?

X0X0A0
10-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Forget what I said early in the thread.

CHRIS SIMMS YOU ****ING SUCK AND I HOPE YOU TEAR YOUR ****ING ACL JUST BECAUSE I KNOW GRUDEN IS TOO ****ING STUBBORN TO BENCH YOU.

Where is Major Applewhite to clean up ****boy's mess?

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Is Tomlinson dying or something? Only 65 yards rushing this week, 0 last week.

clefty
10-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Forget what I said early in the thread.

CHRIS SIMMS YOU ****ING SUCK AND I HOPE YOU TEAR YOUR ****ING ACL JUST BECAUSE I KNOW GRUDEN IS TOO ****ING STUBBORN TO BENCH YOU.

Where is Major Applewhite to clean up ****boy's mess?
That was about the worst attempt at a 2 minute drill you will ever see.

First Possession: Sacked and fumbles (SF misses an easy FG, so he got another chance).....

Next Possession: Sacked and fumbles(got a lucky penalty, so he got another chance)....

And to finish the game, on the next play after the penalty......Sacked.

Dr Love
10-30-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't think the Eagles defense realizes that last week was their bye week.

Denver though... they've looked damned good this year.

Vic Rattlehead*
10-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Denver scores again.

PACaptain
10-30-2005, 08:04 PM
If Chris Simms last name was say um Jones, he would be out of football or on a practice squad. He is terrible. All Tampa fans, help Tim Rattay learn the playbook so he can get in there.

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 08:07 PM
It looks like Culpepper's season is done.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5037440

clefty
10-30-2005, 08:08 PM
If Chris Simms last name was say um Jones, he would be out of football or on a practice squad. He is terrible. All Tampa fans, help Tim Rattay learn the playbook so he can get in there.
Oh, he has the talent. He's a superbly talented quarterback, he's good a good arm and good mechanics.

He just has no idea what he's doing. No idea at all. He doesn't know how to read a defense, he panics, and I still don't think he's learnt Gruden's offense. There was a thing on TV a year or two ago where Gruden was trying to give Simms a play to forward to his offense. Simms stuttered and stumbled over the words about 4 times before Gruden blew his lid at him. He must still be having problems with the verbage, because he just totally looked like he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing. If not for Joey Galloway, he'd have barely hit 120 yards.

acr*
10-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Not to sound brash or anything, but with Dillon healthy and the emotional boost of having Bruschi back, we should massacre the Bills tonight.

If for some reason the opposite happens, feel free to rub it in my face, I just think everything is in our favor tonight.

PACaptain
10-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh, he has the talent. He's a superbly talented quarterback.

He just has no idea what he's doing. No idea at all.

Agreed but so did Jeff George and well there is a whole laundry list of guys. I don't think he is a starting quarterback in the NFL by a long shot.

PACaptain
10-30-2005, 08:11 PM
we should massacre the Bills tonight.

If for some reason the opposite happens, feel free to rub it in my face, I just think everything is in our favor tonight.

Dually noted.

I agree that I think the Pats will win the game tonight but look for me around here if the Bills win because its rare in the last few years that I could rub it in the face of a Pats fan.

PACaptain
10-30-2005, 08:12 PM
It looks like Culpepper's season is done.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5037440

Now the question becomes: Will Mike Tice make it to the end of the season before being fired?

clefty
10-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Agreed but so did Jeff George and well there is a whole laundry list of guys. I don't think he is a starting quarterback in the NFL by a long shot.
I don't disagree, unless things can change drastically against the Pathers. At least not on this offense. Because I doubt he understands how a west coast offense works.

ADD: Oh hell, I don't think he understands anything at all.

acr*
10-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Now the question becomes: Will Mike Tice make it to the end of the season before being fired?

Tice should be fired, not for always putting out a team that plays to a thousandth of it's potential, but for the crap like the ticket scalping and "The Love Boat". That just spreads a horrible message not only to the fans, but to the young players on the team.

Mathletic
10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
OMFG, forget everything I said about Simms too ... please bring back Jeff George or someone else

acr*
10-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Chris Simms is the Chris Bourque of football. They have talent, but as said before, if they were both Chris Jones, nobody would put up with their complete lack of brain function.

clefty
10-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Well, I think the Bucs stick with him because of talent rather than his name, because he's got the tools. But I'm not defending him, the only time I've been a fan of his is when we drafted him.

Burberry Manning
10-30-2005, 08:36 PM
This is hilarious without actually being funny. The guy went to three straight NFC Conference Championship games with no star skill position players on offense, and then last year went to a Super Bowl with his main weapon out of action; and now, after ONE game--one game that isn't even over (and as I type this it's now 28-14 with about ten to go in the third)--with a hernia, shin injury, and a bruised sternum, you boldly proclaim that he isn't an accurate enough passer to carry a team with his arm. Bravo BB, you are truly amazing.
Well, see your post isn't funny because it just bucks understanding. Donovan McNabb has not been an accurate quarterback, atleast not by my standards(I'm not complacent with mediocrity, maybe you are). This doesn't mean he cant bring a team to a few championship games and lose, it just displays that his game is so much more than accurate passing(he also had pretty stacked defenses). It's not a difficult concept, ask Mike Vick. McNabb's 58% career completion percentage is nothing to boast about, especially figuring in the fact that this has been buoyed by throwing to Terrell Owens, perhaps the best WR in the NFL. But of course McNabb has been wildly successful despite this small shortcoming. How can this be? Well if you will recall, McNabb used to show tremendous mobility behind the line and was quite a weapon in the open field. Prior to this season McNabb averaged about 450 rushing yards a season over his 5.5 years playing in the NFL. Before today's game Donovan had a grand total of 8 yards rushing this season, instead relying on his arm and his Westbrook......now I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you that this may be having just a slight influence on the Eagle's play so far. He's still a good quarterback but nowhere near as effective as he was. Maybe Andy Reid could trade for The King and have McNabb just toss balls up to him. And thanks, I know I'm amazing.

And this part of your post is even better. He can't run because he has a hernia.Oh, like the hernia I mentioned was slowing him down? Is that the hernia your referring to? Yea, I got that. I've had two hernia's myself, I know too personally what they're all about. I wonder though, in what game did he suffer this injury (as well as the others mentioned)? If I recall, the injury occured a bit into the regular season. That being said, Donovan McNabb ran for 0 yards, 0 yards, and 8 yards in his first three games this season. Is Donovan truely unable to run due to the injuries (again, I dont know) or is the ground game just not appealing to him anymore?

Blackjack
10-30-2005, 08:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=251030025

Pickett emerged as an improbable hero for the 49ers (2-5), performing admirably in the final 11 minutes while Ken Dorsey and Alex Smith were out with injuries.

Pickett was the 49ers' fourth QB as recently as two weeks ago, and the former rodeo cowboy has played on special teams this season to stay fresh. In fact, he tackled a punt returner moments before he stepped behind center. :biglaugh:

That kind of reminds me of that running back that basically stepped off a beer truck right into the NFL.

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Tice should be fired, not for always putting out a team that plays to a thousandth of it's potential, but for the crap like the ticket scalping and "The Love Boat". That just spreads a horrible message not only to the fans, but to the young players on the team.
Tice should just resign now

Burberry Manning
10-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh, he has the talent. He's a superbly talented quarterback, he's good a good arm and good mechanics.

He just has no idea what he's doing. No idea at all. He doesn't know how to read a defense, he panics, and I still don't think he's learnt Gruden's offense. There was a thing on TV a year or two ago where Gruden was trying to give Simms a play to forward to his offense. Simms stuttered and stumbled over the words about 4 times before Gruden blew his lid at him. He must still be having problems with the verbage, because he just totally looked like he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing. If not for Joey Galloway, he'd have barely hit 120 yards.
I'm with you all the way on this post. He has all the ability but he just lacks some of the mental aspects to succeed in this league.

Simms was just absurd in high school at Ramapo but I feel like he's just gone downhill from there.

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Looks like the Broncos could have two 1,000 yard RB's in Mike Anderson(604 yards) and Tatum Bell(562 yards), easily the best running tandem in the league.

Nasty pair those two.

PACaptain
10-30-2005, 08:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=251030025

That kind of reminds me of that running back that basically stepped off a beer truck right into the NFL.

How many QB's can do that? I liked during the game when the analyst referred to punt returner and former WVU QB Rasheed Marshall as the disaster quarterback. Pickett did just enough to get the win but that was because the Tampa offense was well offensive.

acr*
10-30-2005, 08:46 PM
*** DID THAT REF JUST SAY?

"An uncommon act not related to the game to try and draw the offense offsides?"

TOO MUCH INFO...

Blackjack
10-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Looks like the Broncos could have two 1,000 yard RB's in Mike Anderson(604 yards) and Tatum Bell(562 yards), easily the best running tandem in the league.

Nasty pair those two.

And in the offseason they'll get traded for Jonathon Vilma and Ed Reed.

And next year Denver will have another thousand yard rusher :propeller

acr*
10-30-2005, 08:49 PM
And in the offseason they'll get traded for Jonathon Vilma and Ed Reed.

And next year Denver will have another thousand yard rusher :propeller

And the Broncos will still lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Troy McClure
10-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Tice should be fired
He will be. Don't worry about that.

But mid-season firings are never good. They are better off sticking with him until the end of the season.

MLH
10-30-2005, 09:44 PM
I wish these announcers would update me on Bruschi. Is he playing?

acr*
10-30-2005, 09:51 PM
This game has been boring so far, but Buffalo just did one of the stupidest things I've seen all year.

Graham catches the ball near the ground, it goes to the 2 minute warning, they have the whole break to have someone upstairs watch the replay, when they come back, Mukarkey throws the red flag, and it turns out it wasn't even close to incomplete.

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 09:53 PM
This game has been boring so far, but Buffalo just did one of the stupidest things I've seen all year.
Yeah no doubt, this game bites.

Did anybody see that stat that the Bills all season have just 11 pass attempts for more than 20 yards, not a very exciting team to watch the Bills.

acr*
10-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Stupid mother****ing delay of game...

acr*
10-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Can we shut up about Wellington Mara already? If he was so great, how come nobody ever heard of him until died?

His granddaugher is hot though.

MLH
10-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Can we shut up about Wellington Mara already? If he was so great, how come nobody ever heard of him until died?

Have you not heard Mike Patrick perform verbal ******** on Tedy Bruschi 6,763 times in the past 30 minutes?

Wellington Mara is far more deserving of the praise than Tedy Bruschi.

Ronnie Bass
10-30-2005, 10:17 PM

The man has been involved in the NFL since the 1920's and was a great human being, in a sense you can say the NFL's Grandfather passed away, that's why it is and should be a big deal.

Also didn't realize to be a great man you need to be known by everybody.

acr*
10-30-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm liking this hallf much better than the first already.

Burberry Manning
10-30-2005, 10:22 PM

He was pretty well known throughout the NFL. Probably one of the most well-known owners in the NFL due to compassion and class rather than controversy. Let's just say that the Giants would likely have wound up like the Yankees of football and the Packers the Brewers if it weren't for Mr. Mara's contribution and insight to the league. All you have to do is look around at how many coaches, players, and personnel went to Mara's funeral to tell how large large of an impact he had and how much respect he commanded.

Chaos
10-30-2005, 10:24 PM
The best CB in the league gets burned by Deion Branch for a TD

acr*
10-30-2005, 10:25 PM
What the hell was that? Inexcusable!

Dr Love
10-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Well, see your post isn't funny because it just bucks understanding. I wasn't trying to be funny. Sorry to disappoint.

Donovan McNabb has not been an accurate quarterback, atleast not by my standards(I'm not complacent with mediocrity, maybe you are). Donovan McNabb's resume is anything but mediocre. Is he an excellent passer? No, but clearly he does not need to be to succeed.

McNabb's 58% career completion percentage is nothing to boast about Was I boasting about his career completeion percentage? No. I simply stated that his accuracy has not hindered him in being successful. Do you deny this? Because that's what you said in your first post.

especially figuring in the fact that this has been buoyed by throwing to Terrell Owens, perhaps the best WR in the NFL. And other than that, he's had crap to work with. Surprize surprize, he gets a good WR and his completition percentage goes up. Who would have thunk it?

Prior to this season McNabb averaged about 450 rushing yards a season over his 5.5 years playing in the NFL. And in 2003 and 2004 had well below that total, yet was still an excellent QB.

Before today's game Donovan had a grand total of 8 yards rushing this season, instead relying on his arm and his Westbrook......now I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you that this may be having just a slight influence on the Eagle's play so far. If it did, then you'd figure they would be running the ball more, right?

He's still a good quarterback but nowhere near as effective as he was. Yet, he's coming off the best season of his career.

And thanks, I know I'm amazing. No problem.

Oh, like the hernia I mentioned was slowing him down? Is that the hernia your referring to? Yea, I got that. I've had two hernia's myself, I know too personally what they're all about. I wonder though, in what game did he suffer this injury (as well as the others mentioned)? If I recall, the injury occured a bit into the regular season. That being said, Donovan McNabb ran for 0 yards, 0 yards, and 8 yards in his first three games this season. Is Donovan truely unable to run due to the injuries (again, I dont know) or is the ground game just not appealing to him anymore? Since you're the expert I figured you'd already know that McNabb's rushing total has gone down every year, because he doesn't need to run as much to be successful. And then this year he suffered a bruised sternum in the season opener, then the hernia in IIRC week 3. But again, with you being the expert on McNabb, I figured you already knew that.

Dr Love
10-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Who appointed you spokesman for all football fans? Just because you didn't know who he was doesn't mean all football fans didn't.

acr*
10-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Brady is playing like crap.

Thank you Asante Samuel!

Ar-too
10-30-2005, 10:49 PM
...Donovan McNabb sucks...

Whatever Rush.

Ar-too
10-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Can we shut up about Wellington Mara already?

All NFL fans should worship the ground he walked on if what they say is true. Football wouldn't be what it is today if not for him.

acr*
10-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Colvin You Stupid *******!

Unholy Diver
10-30-2005, 10:56 PM
All NFL fans should worship the ground he walked on if what they say is true. Football wouldn't be what it is today if not for him.
yeah, can you imagine someone in his position offering to share money with the little guys so everyone had a fair shot, its because of him that teams like the Packers and Steelers and Bills can survive and prosper

MLH
10-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Complete domination, yet the Bills are up by only 6.

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Oh give me a ****ing break!

JESUS CHRIST!
-
There's 6 points we've spotted them on horrible turnovers in our own half of the field, and counting the 3 they gave them on the stupid delay of game on the FG, that's the difference in this game right now.

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:07 PM
The Pats will win on a last second Vinateri FG count on it

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:08 PM
The Pats will win on a last second Vinateri FG count on it

After a Tedy Bruschi INT return to set it up. WHAT COURAGE!

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Catch or not?

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Catch or not?

Looked like it bounced to me, but we'll have to see if his hands were under it at the time. I doubt this will hold up, unfortunately.

This may be a case of "no indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field"

YES! MOMENTUM SHIFT!

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:15 PM
Looked like it bounced to me, but we'll have to see if his hands were under it at the time. I doubt this will hold up, unfortunately.

This may be a case of "no indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field"

:handclap: :handclap:

MLH
10-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Total BS.

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:19 PM
TOUCHDOWN!

16-14 with 7:06 to go

Adam Vinatieri could win this with another FG.

I'm calling a Bruschi interception/Fumble Recovery.

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Here we go :handclap: :handclap:

Im not even at Pats fan but the Brushi story has me moved and I want them to take this game to stay in the survival pool

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:24 PM
FUMMMMMMMMMMMMBLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This is sweet!

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Colvin You Stupid *******!

Colvin your the smartest ****er

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Colvin your the smartest ****er
Yeah, I'd say he made up for that pretty well.

TOUCHDOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN COREY DILLON!

MLH
10-30-2005, 11:25 PM
******** calls turn the game around. Terrible way to lose.

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:29 PM
******** calls turn the game around. Terrible way to lose.

The rule on the replay system is it has to be indisputable evidence, not "Well, I think it probably hit the ground, but I can't really tell, but I'll give it to him anyway".

Buffalo had a 9 point lea with 7 minutes left, don't blame one referee's call...

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:36 PM
:shakehead Idiot Moulds

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Moulds just put this one away with the pushoff.
-
4th and 7, this could be the game right here.

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:39 PM
AHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That was the stupidest 4th down call EVER! :biglaugh:

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:39 PM
What the **** was that? :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

A 2 yard button hook to Moulds when he was being doubled
:shakehead :dunno:

I could have called a better play out of my butt

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:41 PM
What the **** was that? :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
When Buffalo pulls off **** like that with the game on the line, I don;t want to hear anyone whining about Branch's catch being upheld.

MLH
10-30-2005, 11:42 PM
The rule on the replay system is it has to be indisputable evidence, not "Well, I think it probably hit the ground, but I can't really tell, but I'll give it to him anyway".

Buffalo had a 9 point lea with 7 minutes left, don't blame one referee's call...

The ball bounced. It was indisputable. The catch to get it down to the 1 was very close to bouncing they didn't show it again. The push off was ********. You can't win on Tedy Bruschi night.

Ensane
10-30-2005, 11:43 PM
Holcomb is an idiot.

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Buffalo needs a music city miracle here in Massachutes :biglaugh:

Edit: Woo, when he turned the corner I thought he had something

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:45 PM
WAY TO RUN 15 SECONDS OFF THE CLOCK PARRISH!

lmao

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:47 PM
And now the forward lateral :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Buffalo needs a music city miracle here in Massachutes :biglaugh:

Edit: Woo, when he turned the corner I thought he had something

Last I checked, the forward ones don't count :biglaugh:

Seriously, Buffalo just played flat out Stupid the last 8 minutes or so, they can't blame the refs, they can only blame themselves. Theoretically they could've run the Pats out of the stadium in the first half, and went to the break at only 3-0.

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Oh man I gotta watch sportscentre some fan ran onto the field and picked off Brett Favre :biglaugh: :biglaugh: . I guess it was 6 int's not 5

acr*
10-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Oh man I gotta watch sportscentre some fan ran onto the field and picked off Brett Favre :biglaugh: :biglaugh: . I guess it was 6 int's not 5
Link

http://media.putfile.com/Favre

ATG
10-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Link

http://media.putfile.com/Favre

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: He could go all the way!!!!!!

Hasbro
10-31-2005, 12:33 AM
It's an incomplete, Farve tucked the ball.

FlyersGuy69
10-31-2005, 12:56 AM
the funniest part was after the nut took the ball, Favre just looked around like "what the hell was that about"....

to bad one of those lineman could line that idiot up and launch him into next week. I hate when idiots run onto the field like that.

clefty
10-31-2005, 01:46 AM
to bad one of those lineman could line that idiot up and launch him into next week. I hate when idiots run onto the field like that.
I remember watching this thing from a Rugby match in South Africa, when some fat hometown fan ran on to the field to tackle the referee (the home team was losing) and a couple of the big guys on the visiting team got to him started laying into him.

Hasbro
10-31-2005, 05:14 AM
The Vikings should sign that guy.

GKJ
10-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Tom Benson caught on camera after the game getting into it with a camera man and a fan :shakehead

JCD
10-31-2005, 07:47 AM

I doubt it. He is a terrible coach. It used to be that at least he could motivate the players, now he can't even do that. Woefully undisciplined team (on and off the field), HORRIBLE gameplans, HORRIBLE clock management, HORRIBLE game adjustments. Without a doubt, he is the worst coach in the NFL today.

Making a bad situation worse, he has no staff around him. Linehan propped him up on offense, but he bolted for Miami when the sale was on hold. Cottrell is mediocre. Tillman is a disgrace. Vikes have the smallest coaching staff in the league. When Linehan left, McCombs was too cheap to hire a replacement so they had to promote Loney from within but didn't hire anybody to take over Loney's duties. Not only are they inept, they are pulling double duty.

Red's final screw to the fans is Tice and the coaching staff. The coach hiring season starts in Feb and every worthwhile coach is gone by March. Red did NOTHING during that time other than re-up Tice. His focus was on selling the team, not making the team any good. By the time Zygi took over, it was too late to make any coaching changes for this season.

As the last little 'ha ha', we don't have anybody to take Tice's place within. It would have been Linehan as the interim coach. Now it looks like Cottrell.

Anyway, the Vikes have a very talented roster and should be making a run at the Super Bowl right now. Thanks to lunkhead, we are making a run at Reggie Bush instead.

GKJ
10-31-2005, 08:03 AM
Anyway, the Vikes have a very talented roster and should be making a run at the Super Bowl right now. Thanks to lunkhead, we are making a run at Reggie Bush instead.

That might not be so bad....someone out of the backfield to catch passes and should be an all-world talent, and the team isn't even as bad as they're playing

X0X0A0
10-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Whats worse, announcers blaming Falcon's WRs for Vick sucking or "YOU CAN'T ICE THE ICE MAN WHAT WAS BUFFALO THINKING?" right before a wide right FG?

I did love Bruschi pushing Kolber away when she wanted a useless sideline interview.

Dr Love
10-31-2005, 08:23 AM
Whats worse, announcers blaming Falcon's WRs for Vick sucking or "YOU CAN'T ICE THE ICE MAN" right before a wide right FG?
The former. The latter is speculation, and the chances of them being right are high. But it's clear that Falcon WRs are not the reason Vick can't pass.

JCD
10-31-2005, 10:18 AM
That might not be so bad....someone out of the backfield to catch passes and should be an all-world talent, and the team isn't even as bad as they're playing

That is the most frustrating part. You can even see it on the field. Other than Smoot, the defense didn't do to bad against the Panthers. But you can't have 10 people on the field perform well if the 11th guy is getting a penalty. Microcosm of the season right there. Vikes can force a 3 and out only to give them the 1st down on a penalty. Happens at least once a game.

It just shows how poorly coached, poorly disciplined and poorly organized they are. Get a quality coach on this team and it is a powerhouse.

Hockeyfan02
10-31-2005, 11:08 AM
I think I watched one of the ugliest games in NFL history yesterday, but watching the 49ers beat the Bucs yesterday was beautiful. I can't get happy about much, but beating a team when were down to the 3rd and 4th string QBs was pretty impressive. I said in the predictions thread, Chris Simms gave the 49ers a slim chance to win, he certainly did with 3 TOs. I wonder how fast Rattay can learn the Bucs offense because even he is better than Simms.

Tuggy
10-31-2005, 12:05 PM
I think I watched one of the ugliest games in NFL history yesterday, but watching the 49ers beat the Bucs yesterday was beautiful. I can't get happy about much, but beating a team when were down to the 3rd and 4th string QBs was pretty impressive. I said in the predictions thread, Chris Simms gave the 49ers a slim chance to win, he certainly did with 3 TOs. I wonder how fast Rattay can learn the Bucs offense because even he is better than Simms.

Watching that game I was wondering why the 49ers were winning...was Tampa's offense that bad or San Fran's defense that good. My roomates and I decided it was a mix of both :D

In regards to another game yesterday, Eagles/Broncos, I was saying that I didn't think Philly would make the playoffs. No one agreed with me but I personally think that the Giants and Cowboys are more balanced teams.

Takeo
10-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Bruschi's wife is ugly.

He was also a non-factor during the game yet according to ESPN, Jesus Christ himself has been resurrected and now plays LB for the Pats.

JCD
10-31-2005, 05:05 PM
Culpepper's season is over. Possibly out for part of next year as well:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2209391

MCL, ACL and PCL all injured.

Vikes have locked up a top-5 pick. Now it is a question of who will be coaching them.

clefty
10-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Bruschi's wife is ugly.

He was also a non-factor during the game yet according to ESPN, Jesus Christ himself has been resurrected and now plays LB for the Pats.
They creamed themselves when he missed a tackle.

"Oh,and it was Tedy Bruschi who made first contact!!!!"

Troy McClure
10-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Vikes have locked up a top-5 pick. Now it is a question of who will be coaching them.
As much as I hate the Vikings, you guys don't deserve this. Wow.

Hockeyfan02
10-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Watching that game I was wondering why the 49ers were winning...was Tampa's offense that bad or San Fran's defense that good. My roomates and I decided it was a mix of both :D

I think so as well. The 49ers defense compleltely shut down the Bucs run game making them one-dimensional and Chris Simms looked awful in the passing game.

Mathletic
10-31-2005, 09:27 PM
tonight's jacked up was for real

if anybody finds a clip, please post it

Ar-too
11-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Anthony Wright. :shakehead

chris_dub
11-01-2005, 04:18 AM
I don't know which commentary crew drives me more nuts:

1) ESPN's Sunday Night crew. I swear to god, they determine before the game which player they will talk about all game & make them out to be some sort of god. This week was obviously Bruschi, whose 2-tackle-5-assist performance has apparently gone down in the books as the greatest return in the history of the NFL. Do I hear a Comeback Player of the Year award??? Not yet..

2) Dynamic Duo of Al Michaels & John Madden, whose sole task is to suck the life out of a great game even before kickoff. I mean, Michaels is a beauty, but his little speal before every Monday Nighter just goes on & on & I don't even care what Madden has to say after Michaels is done bumbling on. And speaking of the Monday Nighter, how many bloody intros do they have to the show??? I swear to god it's like: intro, commercial, intro, commercial, tonight's key players, commercial, intro, commercial, opening kickoff, commercial....

I'll stop there.

Gibsons Finest
11-01-2005, 03:49 PM
1) ESPN's Sunday Night crew. I swear to god, they determine before the game which player they will talk about all game & make them out to be some sort of god. This week was obviously Bruschi, whose 2-tackle-5-assist performance has apparently gone down in the books as the greatest return in the history of the NFL. Do I hear a Comeback Player of the Year award??? Not yet..

Bruschi was getting praise everywhere for that effort. Yeah, he did come back from a stroke, and that's great, but on the first series or so, when he missed Roscoe Parrish or whoever it was, some people made that out to be an incredible move by slowing him down.

Hockeyfan02
11-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Bruschi was getting praise everywhere for that effort. Yeah, he did come back from a stroke, and that's great, but on the first series or so, when he missed Roscoe Parrish or whoever it was, some people made that out to be an incredible move by slowing him down.

http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/20051031_bruschipbp-1.wma

Troy McClure
11-01-2005, 07:16 PM
2) Dynamic Duo of Al Michaels & John Madden, whose sole task is to suck the life out of a great game even before kickoff. I mean, Michaels is a beauty, but his little speal before every Monday Nighter just goes on & on & I don't even care what Madden has to say after Michaels is done bumbling on.
I don't even notice Al Michaels. All I hear is John Madden's idiocy the whole game. He offers nothing to a broadcast. He picks one guy per team, and talks about that player the entire game as though he was the second coming of Jesus Christ. God help us when he's doing a Favre game or a Larry Allen game. Yes, John... Favre has big hands. Thanks, we get it.

Here is a real series from the big idiot Madden a few years ago:

"I know Jimmy Johnson. He always runs on first down. Expect Smith to run one right behind Larry Allen here."

Pass to Irvin for 4 yards.

"Now, that Johnson has set up the pass, he is going to keep going to it. Aikman will be looking for his recievers on this one."

Emmit Smith up the middle for 3.

"The Cowboys need 3 yards here and will either run it or pass."

Thanks, John.

clefty
11-01-2005, 07:21 PM
He picks one guy per team, and talks about that player the entire game as though he was the second coming of Jesus Christ.God help us when he's doing a Favre game or a Larry Allen game. Yes, John... Favre has big hands. Thanks, we get it.

I don't know how many times he's told me that Troy Polamalu can line up at either Saftey, Linebacker or Corner.

"I know Jimmy Johnson. He always runs on first down. Expect Smith to run one right behind Larry Allen here."

Pass to Irvin for 4 yards.

"Now, that Johnson has set up the pass, he is going to keep going to it. Aikman will be looking for his recievers on this one."

Emmit Smith up the middle for 3.

"The Cowboys need 3 yards here and will either run it or pass."

Thanks, John.

"The good thing about a pick is, not only do you turn over possession, but you take the ball away from the opposing offence"

"90% of the game is half mental"

Gibsons Finest
11-01-2005, 07:30 PM
http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/20051031_bruschipbp-1.wma

My computer can't play that video, so could you tell me what it explains?

Hockeyfan02
11-01-2005, 11:21 PM
My computer can't play that video, so could you tell me what it explains?

It's a sound clip basically some guy acting as a radio commentator saying how great Bruschi is during the game: after one play he runs to save a guy in the parking lot from a burning car, calling him a god among men and then says all the players on the field are bowing to him. One of the funniest things I've heard in a while. Like I said it's a sound clip so you don't have to view it, try it again and see if you can listen to it. I posted it since you and one of the Bills fans were getting annoyed with all the Bruschi praise and might like it.

Troy McClure
11-02-2005, 12:24 AM
"90% of the game is half mental"
Hold on now, that is a bit of genius that he stole from Yogi Berra. Sorta. "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."

Crash Davis had nothing on Yogi. My favorites from Berra:

This is like deja vu all over again.

The other teams could make trouble for us if they win.

"How long have you known me, Jack? And you still don't know how to spell my name." -- Upon receiving a check from Jack Buck made out to "bearer."

I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Slump? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hitting.

clefty
11-02-2005, 02:02 AM
Sounds to me like he's butchered it.

Dr Love
11-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Hold on now, that is a bit of genius that he stole from Yogi Berra. Sorta. "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."

Crash Davis had nothing on Yogi. My favorites from Berra:

This is like deja vu all over again.

The other teams could make trouble for us if they win.

"How long have you known me, Jack? And you still don't know how to spell my name." -- Upon receiving a check from Jack Buck made out to "bearer."

I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Slump? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hitting.
Those are good but Gump Worsley might take the cake. While with the Rangers he was asked which team gives him the most trouble. His response was "the Rangers."

John Flyers Fan
11-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Those are good but Gump Worsley might take the cake. While with the Rangers he was asked which team gives him the most trouble. His response was "the Rangers."

I prefer the John McKay's line about his Bucs:

Reporter: Care to talk about your teams execution ??

McKay: I'm in favor of it.

X0X0A0
11-02-2005, 10:11 AM
My two favorite McKay quotes...

On hearing how Buc kicker Pete Rajecki was nervous about McKay watching him in the 1976 pre-season - "That's unfortuntate as I plan on attending all the games."

On recruiting his son John to play for USC and then the Bucs - "I had an advantage - I slept with his mother."

Dr Love
11-02-2005, 10:13 AM
I prefer the John McKay's line about his Bucs:

Reporter: Care to talk about your teams execution ??

McKay: I'm in favor of it. :rant: How the hell could I forget that quote. Hands down the best.

Other great ones:

"If you have everyone back from a team that lost 10 games, experience isn't too important."

On place-kicker Pete Rajecki having a bad camp with the Bucs because McKay made him nervous: "I don't think he's got much of a future here, because I plan on going to all the games.''

On an interception thrown by Steve DeBerg in 1984 that cost the Bucs a game against the Giants - "It was thrown to nobody. Well, it was thrown to somebody, Harry Carson. But he happened to be playing for the New York Giants at the time. It would have been a good pass if Harry had been playing for us."

On the importance of an older quarterback's mobility:"As a person gets older he doesn't get faster. Our quarterback will run from fright or lack of protection.''

On why coaching an expansion team is a religious experience: "You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is `No.' ''

"If a contest had 97 prizes, the 98th would be a trip to Green Bay.''

After the Bucs broke their 26-game losing streak - "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

"Opening games make me nervous. To tell the truth, I'd rather open with our second game.''

"I told our players that there were 700 million Chinese people in the world who didn't even know the game was played. The next week, I got five letters from China asking "What happened?"

And once after a game he said "well, we didn't block very. But we made up for it by not tackling anyone."

An all time classic:

"It's shattering when a player loses interest in camp. When you lose your desire to stand around and eat steaks, you lose everything.''

Yogi Berra is more remembered, but John McKay was the best.

clefty
11-02-2005, 05:11 PM
My two favorite McKay quotes...

On hearing how Buc kicker Pete Rajecki was nervous about McKay watching him in the 1976 pre-season - "That's unfortuntate as I plan on attending all the games."

On recruiting his son John to play for USC and then the Bucs - "I had an advantage - I slept with his mother."
John McKay to a group of reporters:
"You wouldn't know a football from a bunch of bananas"

The next morning, he found a bunch of bananas by his door dropped off by one of the journalists. At the next press conference:
"You wouldn't know a football from a Mercedes Benz"