Wildcats finally make the CHL rankings

Alpine
11-03-2005, 09:52 AM
After winning 5 games in a row and the last point lost was to Bathurst in a shoot out 2 weeks ago. The Wildcats get a # 10 ranking.
Yes I know it's kinda political at least 3 from each league but c'mon. 3 points off the Titan with 3 games in hand hmmmmm.
13 guys of the 27 man roster has never played Major Jr. A before. Ted Nolan for Prime Minister :D

domifan28
11-03-2005, 09:22 PM
does anyone know how they choose the top ten rankings...cause moncton have a better winning% than bathurst and chicoutimi..they only have more points because
they have played 3 more games

Chootoi
11-04-2005, 08:52 AM
you sort of answered your own question there. the rankings aren't much more than combined standings of the 3 leagues. they just look at "who went 3-0 this week, move them up 2 spots", etc... it has very little to do with how a team is performing on the ice.

thomasincanada
11-04-2005, 10:09 AM
does anyone know how they choose the top ten rankings...cause moncton have a better winning% than bathurst and chicoutimi..they only have more points because
they have played 3 more games

There is no specific figure that they use - it's just based on opinions of scouts. A team could have a good winning percentage and not make it if the scouts don't think are strong as the other teams. Also, they generally try to have at least 2 - usually 3 - from each league it seems.

I generally don't put too much stock in the rankings - they're pretty good but not the be all to end all. I think you'll find out how good Moncton really is in the spring.