Any chance Nikolai Zherdev gets dealt?

PapaBear*
11-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Hes in the doghouse big time in CLB - coaching staff and GM do not like this guy because hes not performing and buying into their system. With Nash out, how long can the BJs afford to go with an underachieving and unhappy Z? Its obvious he is a cancer in the dressing room, a healthy scratch last game with the coach only playing 11fwds - you never see that! You know its bad when the coach plays 11 fwds over 4 lines. :shakehead

What would he demand and who would be a good fit? I just think he needs a change of scenery.

McDonald19
11-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Well they would need a bluechip player in return. A top pairing d-man prospect would be a good start.

PapaBear*
11-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Well they would need a bluechip player in return. A top pairing d-man prospect would be a good start.

I agree, their defensive woes still havent been fixed even with Foote and Berard. This team is terrible without Rick Nash.

Ejh18
11-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Hes in the doghouse big time in CLB - coaching staff and GM do not like this guy because hes not performing and buying into their system. With Nash out, how long can the BJs afford to go with an underachieving and unhappy Z? Its obvious he is a cancer in the dressing room, a healthy scratch last game with the coach only playing 11fwds - you never see that! You know its bad when the coach plays 11 fwds over 4 lines. :shakehead

What would he demand and who would be a good fit? I just think he needs a change of scenery.

First of all you are ASSUMING he isnt happy in Columbus & you are ASSUMING that the organization "does not like him". They are disappointed in his play, but that is not the same thing.

Second, let us not forget that he has played roughly 70 CAREER games in the NHL and he turns just 21 tomorrow.

And lastly, he has been having personal problems since he came back from Russia, post lock-out.

Could he be dealt? Yes. But not because he has had a rough start to the season, but because we need to deal him to get a bigger fish.

And right now, our Defense isnt the worst part of our team. We are giving up @3 goals a game, so is Vancouver and carolina. Our biggest problem is the fact that we are averaging LESS than 2 goals per game.

BringGilmourBack
11-04-2005, 06:50 PM
How about Wellwood and Colaiacovo for him?

barrytrotzsneck
11-04-2005, 07:00 PM

You sure about that? I mean, that's a whole lot to give up. :sarcasm:

PapaBear*
11-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Could he be dealt? Yes. But not because he has had a rough start to the season, but because we need to deal him to get a bigger fish.

I agree, this CLB needs a shakeup. How long is Nash out for?

PapaBear*
11-04-2005, 07:02 PM

I think if TO wanted him, it would have to start with Steen +

barrytrotzsneck
11-04-2005, 07:04 PM
I think if TO wanted him, it would have to start with Steen +

Personally, I don't think there's anything Toronto has that could entice C-bus to give up Zherdev. Another potential superstar would have to be crossing sides, because that's just what Z is.

PapaBear*
11-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Personally, I don't think there's anything Toronto has that could entice C-bus to give up Zherdev. Another potential superstar would have to be crossing sides, because that's just what Z is.

i agree

Burke's Evil Spirit
11-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Absolutely not, just because Zherdev isn't rising meteorically to stardom a la Rick Nash does not mean you deal a 4th overall pick two years after he was taken!

RedBeard
11-04-2005, 07:08 PM
What do you think about the Coyotes as a trading partner...how about D. Morris + for Zherdev? If not, is there anyone you are interested in?

Ejh18
11-04-2005, 07:12 PM
I agree, this CLB needs a shakeup. How long is Nash out for?

I disagree.

Columbus needs to continue building for the future more than they need a shake up this year...

Columbus won't trade Zherdev, just for a shake up. It would be to help the building process along.

Epsilon
11-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Hes in the doghouse big time in CLB - coaching staff and GM do not like this guy because hes not performing and buying into their system.

What system is he supposed to buy into? The "we give up 2 goals for every goal we score" system?

PapaBear*
11-04-2005, 07:18 PM
ok maybe they dont need a shakeup, but a new coach would be a start of turning things around. Columbus' can't do anything without Nash on their team, they blow goats without him on the ice. He scores almost half their goals in a year and he's the only reason they have a powerplay. It'll be a scary couple of months in Columbus.

I like David Vvborny though.

shaner89
11-04-2005, 07:21 PM
this kid has little value right now. hes way immature and needs a coach to kick him in the ***

ginner classic
11-04-2005, 07:22 PM
I don't think he needs a kick in the butt at all. I think he needs a mature goal scoring centre to play with that can show him the ropes.

Claypool*
11-04-2005, 07:24 PM
What do you think about the Coyotes as a trading partner...how about D. Morris + for Zherdev? If not, is there anyone you are interested in?

Morris + Nagy will keep Mclean on the phone.

Burke's Evil Spirit
11-04-2005, 07:25 PM
I don't think he needs a kick in the butt at all. I think he needs a mature goal scoring centre to play with that can show him the ropes.

Please, Todd Marchant will show by example what to do with his God-given talent ;)

Phanuthier*
11-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Zherdev is NOT in the doghouse with the Blue Jackets.

PapaBear*
11-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Please, Todd Marchant will show by example what to do with his God-given talent ;)

Marchant @ 3mill :biglaugh: :shakehead

PapaBear*
11-04-2005, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Phanuthier]Zherdev is NOT in the doghouse with the Blue Jackets.

Whoa didnt know this :(

Ejh18
11-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Whoa didnt know this :(

There is more than just stats. Try to not make assumptions based on nothing...

Have a look around, there is a lot of interesting reading to be done... ;)

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=186698

Going Back to Cally
11-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Only Papabear would wanna trade a top five pick who is 20 year old with 70 games in the NHL.

:biglaugh:

ParisSaintGermain
11-04-2005, 08:15 PM

That would be crazy overpayment by the Coyotes. At this moment in time, I doubt that the Coyotes would even think about Morris alone for Zherdev to be honest.

Sherlock
11-04-2005, 08:40 PM

IIRC, Zherdev's girlfriend was pregnent and her baby died premature at 8 months, and Zherdev had a tough time dealing with it. Since then, she has been flown over to North American to be with Zherdev.
Good Lord. Is that true? That is tough, tough stuff... I don't even want to imagine what that'd be like.

Vic Rattlehead*
11-04-2005, 08:44 PM

Do you just pull this type of stuff out of nowhere or do you actually think this true?

Big Bill
11-04-2005, 09:01 PM

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Thats the only response necessary. In fact this whole thread is moronic

Big Bill
11-04-2005, 09:04 PM
this kid has little value right now. hes way immature and needs a coach to kick him in the ***

You have no idea what you are talking about. He is a 21 year old kid from another country who is having personal problems. Give him time and all the arm chair GMs/hockey analysts should all give it a rest. It is getting painful to come here. This board used to be so great now it is ridiculous.

I cannot wait to see the threads when Staal goes two games without scoring

Big Bill
11-04-2005, 09:05 PM
That would be crazy overpayment by the Coyotes. At this moment in time, I doubt that the Coyotes would even think about Morris alone for Zherdev to be honest.

Ok Barnett. Or are you Gretzky. I am not sure. Either way, you would be wrong. Dead wrong.

Epsilon
11-04-2005, 09:11 PM
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Thats the only response necessary. In fact this whole thread is moronic

I was actually going to post an over/under on the number of posts until one of the names Wellwood, Colaiacovo, Plecanek, or Ribeiro showed up in the thread. Unfortunately that guy beat me to the punch.

neelynugs
11-04-2005, 09:12 PM
never say never...but i'd sincerely doubt it. maclean loves the kid, and rightly so - his skills are top shelf. the personal problem, and a lack of supporting cast are killing his game so far this season.

Count of DannyKristo
11-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Well he had a great game against the Canucks tonight, 2 goals and an assist. Zherdev has some serious dangle but he tries the fancy stuff a little too often.

futurcorerock
11-04-2005, 11:49 PM

Uhh... you're wrong. Z isn't in the dog house by any measure.

Zherdev has been dealing with personal issues back home, which as we saw at the start of his career last year, has an adverse effect on his game (IIHF Arbie)

If you spell Zherdev like this:

H-R-D-I-N-A

Then you're on the right track. Zherdev isn't getting dealt unless it's for another prospect with as high a ceiling as his.

salty justice
11-04-2005, 11:55 PM
How about Khabibulin, Lapointe, Cullimore, AND a 1st round pick for Zherdev? :D

Abyss
11-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Right now I'd rather have nagy the Zherdev...but Nagy+Morris doesn't seem to rediculous.

Higgy4
11-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Zherdev is one the most talented players in the NHL. Is it untapped talent? Absolutely. Does he need maturing? You bet.

If the Blue Jackets trade this guy they should just put the franchise up for sale. To have players with the talent of Nash and Zherdev to build around for the next 5+ years is a HUGE plus for the Blue Jackets.

I think he is going to be a stud eventually. He is going through some rough times on and off the ice apparently, and everyone just needs to let him work through it. The Blue Jackets arent overly concerned with this year. But they NEED him in the upcoming years.

No way in hell they trade Zherdev unless they get completely bowled over with an offer they cant refuse.

Also...3 points tonight...so things could be looking up for him.

OpinionatedMike
11-05-2005, 01:20 AM

Where have you read that he's in the dog house....I understand that he's not in the doghouse and having a rough time

coolhandluke2410
11-05-2005, 01:37 AM
I know most Blues fans love Jackman, and so do I.. but i'd trade him for Zherdev

jacketracket*
11-05-2005, 01:50 AM
I cannot wait to see the threads when Staal goes two games without scoringYou heard it here first ... Staal for Zherdev. :D

Zaddik
11-05-2005, 01:54 AM
i don't see zherdev being moved for a long time... this guy is second behind nash in terms of offensive depth and it would be foolish to do so.

SoCalSharkzFan
11-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Assuming its true that he's in the doghouse, which I dont beleive, there is no way they trade him.

The BJ's wont get fair return for Zherdev, not even close. He's gonna be a star. No way BJ's trade him.

I've seen him twice against the Sharks this season, and various games on Centre Ice.

He's flying out there, but he cant make a play because his teamates are trailing too far behind. He can only weave in and out of so many defenders before he gets creamed. He needs to wait for a play to develop and not just rush out there.

Psycho Papa Joe
11-05-2005, 02:23 AM
That would be crazy overpayment by the Coyotes. At this moment in time, I doubt that the Coyotes would even think about Morris alone for Zherdev to be honest.Oh please:shakehead You're telling me the Coyotes wouldn't trade a impending UFA for a 20 year old with huge potential? They'd be nuts not to.

Considering his personal situation and the fact his number one target Nash was out, it not that suprising that his numbers aren't where many expected them to be. I wouldn't be suprised to see him put it together before the season is up. He is quite simply way too talented.

HockeyMan9
11-05-2005, 03:06 AM
Good Lord. Is that true? That is tough, tough stuff... I don't even want to imagine what that'd be like.

We had been told that he'd been dealing with a tragic personal issue, but this is the first specific details i've heard of it. Though it does seem to fit with everything that's been said in the press.

Safir*
11-05-2005, 04:59 AM

IIRC, Zherdev's girlfriend was pregnent and her baby died premature at 8 months, and Zherdev had a tough time dealing with it. Since then, she has been flown over to North American to be with Zherdev.

Does he get any professional help in order to deal with it? I mean I would be in the interest of the Jackets & of course Zherdev himself.

Varius
11-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Let's say that CBJ would trade Zherdev right now....I think Anaheim could be a good spot for him, because he would be able to play with Fedorov, and have the chance to learn/develop/mature. He wouldn't be counted on for all the offense like he is right now in Columbus. I see it as a good fit.

Now of course, to get him Anaheim would have to give up prospects/picks to help the rebuilding jackets. How does this sound:

Perry, Mikkelson, 1st-rounder

for

Zherdev, 2nd-rounder

In my opinion, Zherdev is the best player in this deal. Would this be the type of trade CBJ would want in return to get him ? Or atleast a good start?

Cap-wise, I think Zherdev gets around $300K more than Perry. We could afford him, with the approx 700K-1 million break I think we get on Fedorov missing 10 games.

As a Ducks' fan, I like Perry but like Zherdev more. I was going to offer Smith or O'Brien instead of Mikkelson, bu then realized it might not interest CBJ as much. With Mikkelson, I think this trade is more equal on both ends.

Big Bill
11-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Let's say that CBJ would trade Zherdev right now....I think Anaheim could be a good spot for him, because he would be able to play with Fedorov, and have the chance to learn/develop/mature. He wouldn't be counted on for all the offense like he is right now in Columbus. I see it as a good fit.

Now of course, to get him Anaheim would have to give up prospects/picks to help the rebuilding jackets. How does this sound:

for

Zherdev, 2nd-rounder

In my opinion, Zherdev is the best player in this deal. Would this be the type of trade CBJ would want in return to get him ? Or atleast a good start?

Cap-wise, I think Zherdev gets around $300K more than Perry. We could afford him, with the approx 700K-1 million break I think we get on Fedorov missing 10 games.

As a Ducks' fan, I like Perry but like Zherdev more. I was going to offer Smith or O'Brien instead of Mikkelson, bu then realized it might not interest CBJ as much. With Mikkelson, I think this trade is more equal on both ends.

CBJ would probably want Getzlaf + or Ryan. It has to be aplyer with upside as high or close to zherdev's and I dont think Perry fits the bill. Think quality, not quantity. Now ANA fans, I am not saying Perry is no quality, he is, just not Zherdev quality. But then few are.

MrMastodonFarm*
11-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Until he asks "and..?"

Gnashville
11-05-2005, 12:13 PM
What system is he supposed to buy into? The "we give up 2 goals for every goal we score" system? :biglaugh: :clap:

Hall of fame post IMO

Mothra
11-05-2005, 12:18 PM

How is it "obvious he is a cancer in the dressing room"?

Its also not that uncommon to see a team dress 7 D.....or to see a young player get scratched to send a message

I cant imagine he gets traded....and if he does he brings back quite a bit IMO

Phanuthier*
11-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Does he get any professional help in order to deal with it? I mean I would be in the interest of the Jackets & of course Zherdev himself.
Of coarse

I beleive every team actually has professionals on payroll to help players not only deal with personal stress, but day-to-day stresses of the NHL, how to deal with and respond to the media and how to deal with conflicts within the dressing room.

Varius
11-05-2005, 01:05 PM
CBJ would probably want Getzlaf + or Ryan. It has to be aplyer with upside as high or close to zherdev's and I dont think Perry fits the bill. Think quality, not quantity. Now ANA fans, I am not saying Perry is no quality, he is, just not Zherdev quality. But then few are.

Getzlaf I wouldn't trade....but Ryan I would consider an option.

Ryan + 1st-rounder

for

Zherdev + 3rd-rounder

Does that sound fair ?

Reaper45
11-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Probably way off, but Grebeshkov and a 1st for Zherdev.

Abyss
11-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Probably way off, but Grebeshkov and a 1st for Zherdev.

I would think CLB would want Frolov to start...or Dustin Brown, probably Frolov though.

danaluvsthekings
11-05-2005, 04:41 PM
I would think CLB would want Frolov to start...or Dustin Brown, probably Frolov though.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and guess that since LA decided to lock Frolov up with a 5 year contract before the season that they don't have any plans on trading him any time soon.

Also Taylor's pretty much said Frolov and Brown as well as Gleason are untouchable.

McDonald19
11-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Getzlaf I wouldn't trade....but Ryan I would consider an option.

Ryan + 1st-rounder

for

Zherdev + 3rd-rounder

Does that sound fair ?

I wouldn't do that. I actually don't think Burke would trade Bobby Ryan straight up for Zherdev. Ryan is a Brian Burke style hockey player, Zherdev is not.

McDonald19
11-05-2005, 07:06 PM

for

Zherdev, 2nd-rounder

I don't like that trade at all. Perry isn't going anywhere. Mikkelson and the 2nd round pick cancel out. So you are essentially trading Perry and a first for Zherdev. Maybe I'm a homer but that's overpayment.

Mikkelson and 2006 first is what I'd offer for Zherdev. Maybe throw in a Jordan Smith to finish the deal but that would be my final offer.

Reaper45
11-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Frolov has done much more in the NHL than Zherdev at this point, why would the Kings downgrade?

jacketracket*
11-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Mikkelson and 2006 first is what I'd offer for Zherdev. Maybe throw in a Jordan Smith to finish the deal but that would be my final offer.Ha!!

No Zherdev for you!

flambers
11-05-2005, 08:02 PM

No chance, the Jackets are building for the future.

McDonald19
11-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Ha!!

No Zherdev for you!

good.

You aren't getting overpayment for him right now.

McDonald19
11-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Frolov has done much more in the NHL than Zherdev at this point, why would the Kings downgrade?

They wouldn't. Grebeschkov and a first round pick is a reasonable starting offer. Throw in a Pushkarev or something.

I understand the CBJ fans wanting a Brown, Frolov, Bobby Ryan, or a Getzlaf in return for Zherdev...but it's not going to happen.

jcorb58
11-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Kind of ridiculous ....Crosby didnt have a point tonight maybe clb can throw in a 2nd for him.

Epsilon
11-05-2005, 08:44 PM
good.

You aren't getting overpayment for him right now.

Your offer was laughable, as is calling the proposed deals overpayment.

McDonald19
11-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Your offer was laughable, as is calling the proposed deals overpayment.

I disagree. Columbus needs a top pairing d-man prospect.

so both the LA and Anaheim starting proposals were fair. More pieces could be added on but they were fair starting offers.

If LA or Anaheim gives up a Brown, Frolov, Getzlaf, Lupul etc. then the trade is a lateral move and not worth making.

Grebeschkov and 2006 first + something for Zherdev

Mikkelson and 2006 first + something for Zherdev

take your pick.

jacketracket*
11-05-2005, 09:07 PM
good.

You aren't getting overpayment for him right now.Ooh!!

Spank my ***, home boy!

jacketracket*
11-05-2005, 09:22 PM
They wouldn't. Grebeschkov and a first round pick is a reasonable starting offer. Throw in a Pushkarev or something.

I understand the CBJ fans wanting a Brown, Frolov, Bobby Ryan, or a Getzlaf in return for Zherdev...but it's not going to happen.You tell 'em, slick ... Zherdev and a first, for Chistov!!

McDonald19
11-05-2005, 09:40 PM
You tell 'em, slick ... Zherdev and a first, for Chistov!!

well you don't have to be an *** about it. Your a homer for your BJs. I'm a homer for my team. move on.

jacketracket*
11-05-2005, 09:43 PM
well you don't have to be an *** about it. Your a homer for your BJs. I'm a homer for my team. move on.Pray tell ... I thought the Ducks would be overpaying, at that ...

Ziggy Stardust
11-05-2005, 09:55 PM
No sense in trading one of your young studs as the team as a whole is terrible. Columbus should (and will) hang on to Zherdev and they will have a good shot at drafting Kessel or Frolik or Toews.

With Nash, Zherdev, Brule, Picard, Fritsche and one of those young guys from the '06 draft class... Columbus will have a pretty good crop of prospects and young stars up front.

Chandler55
11-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Wellwood?

Leafs say no.

octopi
11-05-2005, 10:32 PM

If thats what happened, he's doing a just good job walking, talking, etc. That kind of thing would be completly soulcrushing.

futurcorerock
11-05-2005, 11:38 PM
well you don't have to be an *** about it. Your a homer for your BJs. I'm a homer for my team. move on.
Actually I recall Epsilon calling your trade proposal weak, and he isn't a homer for the Jackets

So essentially, you're just a fanboy. Move Along

fcbarcelona
11-06-2005, 12:33 AM

Then McLean won't be needing his phone.

no name
11-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Trade you Jeremy Roenick for him :biglaugh:

Big Bill
11-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Maybe I'm a homer...

Correct.

Mikkelson and 2006 first is what I'd offer for Zherdev. Maybe throw in a Jordan Smith to finish the deal but that would be my final offer.

Right... Well then you wouldnt get him. Next.

Big Bill
11-06-2005, 06:33 AM
I understand the CBJ fans wanting a Brown, Frolov, Bobby Ryan, or a Getzlaf in return for Zherdev...but it's not going to happen.

Whats not going to happen is CBJ trading Zherdev. This thread is one big retarded pipe dream. What is laughable is every team throwing out these horrible offers. If you do not want him, or do not want to pay, do not make an offer with your 5, 6, 7, 8, etc... prospects for a top 10 NHL prospect, probably top 5 NHL prospect. And your conclusory "its not going to happen" is true only in that Zherdev is not on the block/will not be traded.

kimzey59
11-06-2005, 06:36 AM
To STL: Zherdev, 1st rounder

To CBJ: Barret Jackman, 1st rounder.

Ejh18
11-06-2005, 06:39 AM
To STL: Zherdev, 1st rounder

To CBJ: Barret Jackman, 1st rounder.

Next.

Pothier
11-06-2005, 11:11 AM
To Columbus: Martin Havlat

To Ottawa: Nikolai Zherdev

X0ssbar
11-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Here is who I would consider trading Z for.

CLB: Zherdev
Tampa: Richards

Before I get flamed - the idea of landing Richards has been tossed around the CBJ board for a while. Why on earth would the Lightning have a guy like Richards on the block you may ask? - well b/c of salary cap reasons of course. After the large contracts given out to St. Louis and Lecavlier Tampa is gonna be strapped for cap room this offseason and may not be willing to give Richards his payday. Also the cap is expected to shrink next season.

So....with that said.....Columbus is desperate for a top line center - especially a proven winner in Richards who is still young at age 26. They also have the cap space. Tampa in return would get a top 5 prospect in the NHL and save a lot of dough against the cap. CBJ would get their top line center who could step in and make an immediate impact. Richards would also look great next to Nash. We don't have the time anymore to wait for picks to develop - this team needs to start winning hence my reasoning and willingness to trade a young blue chip asset.

Only catch for me here is that we would need to Richards to agree to a multi-year deal before the trade is finalized. He'll be a UFA soon and it would not be worth giving up a young blue chip prospect for a guy who would fly the coup in 2 or 3 years.

I'm not an expert on Tampa's cap situation so I would be very interested in hearing from some Tampa fans regarding a trade scenario such as this. Also - if Zherdev isn't attrative - do we have anything that is? Keep in mind that even though Richards is proven, demanding multiple players and picks for Richards isn't realistic - especially if your strapped against the cap. I would say all but Foote and Nash are tradeable assets. Also - if we continue on our current course we could have another top 5 pick - that would also be on the table in my world.

Ok..now flame away.

X0ssbar
11-06-2005, 02:00 PM
To Columbus: Martin Havlat

A more realistic trade scenario and the only reason I wouldn't give it serious thought is b/c we need a center, badly. If we were willing to unload Z it must be to address our depth (or lack thereof) at center.

Still a very good proposal.

fastfeet*
11-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Ryan Malone and a draft pick for Zherdev

fastfeet*
11-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Here is who I would consider trading Z for.

CLB: Zherdev
Tampa: Richards

Before I get flamed - the idea of landing Richards has been tossed around the CBJ board for a while. Why on earth would the Lightning have a guy like Richards on the block you may ask? - well b/c of salary cap reasons of course. After the large contracts given out to St. Louis and Lecavlier Tampa is gonna be strapped for cap room this offseason and may not be willing to give Richards his payday. Also the cap is expected to shrink next season.

So....with that said.....Columbus is desperate for a top line center - especially a proven winner in Richards who is still young at age 26. They also have the cap space. Tampa in return would get a top 5 prospect in the NHL and save a lot of dough against the cap. CBJ would get their top line center who could step in and make an immediate impact. Richards would also look great next to Nash. We don't have the time anymore to wait for picks to develop - this team needs to start winning hence my reasoning and willingness to trade a young blue chip asset.

Only catch for me here is that we would need to Richards to agree to a multi-year deal before the trade is finalized. He'll be a UFA soon and it would not be worth giving up a young blue chip prospect for a guy who would fly the coup in 2 or 3 years.

I'm not an expert on Tampa's cap situation so I would be very interested in hearing from some Tampa fans regarding a trade scenario such as this. Also - if Zherdev isn't attrative - do we have anything that is? Keep in mind that even though Richards is proven, demanding multiple players and picks for Richards isn't realistic - especially if your strapped against the cap. I would say all but Foote and Nash are tradeable assets. Also - if we continue on our current course we could have another top 5 pick - that would also be on the table in my world.

Ok..now flame away.

Zherdev doesn't have that much trade value, sorry

Ejh18
11-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Ryan Malone and a draft pick for Zherdev

Come now, let's not be silly.

Next.

Bam Beet*
11-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Svatos, Wolski and a 1st?

Or is that overpayment?

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
11-07-2005, 08:25 PM
IF Zherdev were on the block, there are only two players out there who could be available (i.e. not Staal, Crosby, Thornton) who would interest me -- Scott Gomez and Brad Richards.

I'm not saying a straight-up deal, but those guys have what the Jackets need. They're young, established, skilled centers.

If a team inquired about Zherdev or Zherdev as part of a package and isn't willing to send a player like that back to Columbus, I wouldn't be interested at all.

Slitty
11-07-2005, 09:52 PM
to Washington: Zherdev, 2006 1st rounder, 2007 1st rounder, 2006 2nd rounder, Gilbert Brule, Alexandre Picard.

to Columbus: Alexander Ovechkin + Jeff Friesen

CBJSlash
11-07-2005, 10:03 PM
to Washington: Zherdev, 2006 1st rounder, 2007 1st rounder, 2006 2nd rounder, Gilbert Brule, Alexandre Picard.

Wow.

I think a lot of Ovechkin but he isn't worth 5 first round picks.

Slitty
11-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Sorry, I forgot to put "or" in there.

Slitty
11-08-2005, 01:14 AM
to Washington: Zherdev, 2006 1st rounder, 2006 2nd rounder, 2007 first rounder or Gilbert Brule or Alexandre Picard.

Colorado Avalanche
11-08-2005, 02:30 AM
Personally i don't really like Zherdev and i rather have Wolski,Svatos and 1. rounder.

X0ssbar
11-08-2005, 07:50 AM
to Washington: Zherdev, 2006 1st rounder, 2006 2nd rounder, 2007 first rounder or Gilbert Brule or Alexandre Picard.

Yikes :amazed:

I absolutely love Ovechkin and I know the Caps would never unload the guy but I'll counter for the hell of it:

Washington: Zherdev + 2006 1st rounder or Picard or Brule + 2007 2nd rounder
Columbus: Ovechkin

Keep in mind that the 2006 1st rounder is most likely gonna be a lottery pick.

Like I said - no chance Ovechkin would get dealt but its early and I don't feel like workin quite yet so I thought I'd play along ;)

As much as I love the big 'O' - what this team really needs now is a 1st line center.

RedBeard
11-08-2005, 02:14 PM
So tell me what you think of this:

To CBJ: L. Nagy (1.96m)

To PHX: Zherdev (942,000)

Taupy
11-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Yikes :amazed:

I absolutely love Ovechkin and I know the Caps would never unload the guy but I'll counter for the hell of it:

Washington: Zherdev + 2006 1st rounder or Picard or Brule + 2007 2nd rounder
Columbus: Ovechkin

Keep in mind that the 2006 1st rounder is most likely gonna be a lottery pick.

Like I said - no chance Ovechkin would get dealt but its early and I don't feel like workin quite yet so I thought I'd play along ;)

As much as I love the big 'O' - what this team really needs now is a 1st line center.
You're only offering this for Ovechkin ? I think you're overrating Zherdev, or underrating Ovechkin. Must be the first answer.

Zherdev+Klesla+Brule+1st could maybe hang the Caps on the phone.

KeithBWhittington
11-08-2005, 02:59 PM
If Nash has played every game so far, this is a non issue. This kid has been with the bluejackets less then 1 year and has only been in the US that long. Now the team is saying that he needs to produce more then he has been?? Its gotta be hard when everyone on the other team is focusing on him. I say dump some vets and prospects to try to get another consistent, healthy scoring threat, and this thread will quickly evaporate, Zherdev is not the problem, Maybe's its Gallant's pedestrian approach to coaching? Or the fact that Tyler Wright hasn't been producing (you know you're hurting when you count on Tyler Wright for consistent offense)

X0ssbar
11-08-2005, 03:05 PM
You're only offering this for Ovechkin ? I think you're overrating Zherdev, or underrating Ovechkin. Must be the first answer.

Zherdev+Klesla+Brule+1st could maybe hang the Caps on the phone.

Yep that is all I would offer and apparently we don't have a deal.

Sorry - Ovechkin is not worth 4 first round top 6 picks (assuming that '06 will be a top 6).

Alberta Yote
11-08-2005, 03:20 PM

Sorry - Ovechkin is not worth 4 first round top 6 picks (assuming that '06 will be a top 6).

Two HF posters overvaluing their players. Go figure. Of course that is a HF rule isn't it?

Bluesman
11-08-2005, 04:01 PM

But yet Zherdev is worth Richards. I see.

Pothier
11-08-2005, 04:26 PM
OK how about this:

To Columbus: Bryan Smolinski, Martin Havlat

To Ottawa: Nikolai Zherdev, 2006 4th round draft pick

Alberta Yote
11-08-2005, 04:28 PM
OK how about this:

To Columbus: Bryan Smolinski, Martin Havlat

The way you offer, anybody you want from the Coyotes? ;)

Pothier
11-08-2005, 04:39 PM
The way you offer, anybody you want from the Coyotes? ;)

Just looking through the Yotes roster, there is really no one that intrests me. (besides Doan, who is untouchable)

X0ssbar
11-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Two HF posters overvaluing their players. Go figure. Of course that is a HF rule isn't it?

I love fly on the wall posters. Instead of criticizing why don't you step up and make a proposal?

X0ssbar
11-08-2005, 05:11 PM
But yet Zherdev is worth Richards. I see.

At what point did I say Zherdev was equal to Richards? My proposal was Zherdev for Richards but that is based on circumstance - i.e. the Lightning being unable to resign Richards due to cap space problems.

Getting a top 5 prospect for Richards and much needed cap space is a very realistic scenario. Sure it may not be Zherdev or Columbus but these kind of situations are gonna occur and have already occured in the 'New NHL'.

Who would have though Roenick would get traded for future considerations? Thibault for a 4th rounder? Pronger for Brewer and couple of prospects? Markov for a 3rd rounder? Friesen for a 4th rounder? Sopel for a draft pick? What do all of these have in common - lack of cap space. Welcome to the salary capped world my friend where things are not what they were and cap space is just as valuable as pics/prospects/players.

Alberta Yote
11-08-2005, 05:36 PM
I love fly on the wall posters. Instead of criticizing why don't you step up and make a proposal?

Not criticizing at all. Everyone overvalues. And I'd make a proposal but I can't think of much we have to offer for Zherdev, Ovechkin, or Richards. Sad but true.

Alberta Yote
11-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Just looking through the Yotes roster, there is really no one that intrests me. (besides Doan, who is untouchable)

Hence the ;)

And I believe Doan, maybe Nagy may be the only ones the Sens may want. One of the very few teams in the league that Mara wouldn't substantially upgrade.

Bluesman
11-08-2005, 05:58 PM
At what point did I say Zherdev was equal to Richards? My proposal was Zherdev for Richards but that is based on circumstance - i.e. the Lightning being unable to resign Richards due to cap space problems.

Getting a top 5 prospect for Richards and much needed cap space is a very realistic scenario. Sure it may not be Zherdev or Columbus but these kind of situations are gonna occur and have already occured in the 'New NHL'.

Who would have though Roenick would get traded for future considerations? Thibault for a 4th rounder? Pronger for Brewer and couple of prospects? Markov for a 3rd rounder? Friesen for a 4th rounder? Sopel for a draft pick? What do all of these have in common - lack of cap space. Welcome to the salary capped world my friend where things are not what they were and cap space is just as valuable as pics/prospects/players.

I believe it was around the time you offered Zherdev for Richards, and then said " Keep in mind that even though Richards is proven, demanding multiple players and picks for Richards isn't realistic - especially if your strapped against the cap.", which pretty much means Zherdev for Richards straight up.

No, a more realistic scenario would be for TB to use Richards to find (cheaper) guys to plug any holes on their team (defense, goaltending, etc.) or a player of comparable value RIGHT NOW. It really makes little sense for the defending Stanley Cup champs to deal the Conn Smythe winner for a talented enigma who doesn't address any glaring needs.

Interesting how leave something out from your point: they really don't compare to Richards. The only one of any remote value is Pronger, and the Blues are in a completely different situation where they are rebuilding. Actually the 'cap move' that is most likely to happen is the one you leave out, the Hossa/Heatley deal, seeing as how if TB makes a deal THIS is the type of deal they will look for.

X0ssbar
11-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Not criticizing at all. Everyone overvalues. And I'd make a proposal but I can't think of much we have to offer for Zherdev, Ovechkin, or Richards. Sad but true.

I agree, everyone tends to overvalue their prospects. I would imagine the compromise is somewhere inbetween our two proposals.

Sorry to jump on your case there.

X0ssbar
11-08-2005, 06:41 PM
I believe it was around the time you offered Zherdev for Richards, and then said " Keep in mind that even though Richards is proven, demanding multiple players and picks for Richards isn't realistic - especially if your strapped against the cap.", which pretty much means Zherdev for Richards straight up.

No, a more realistic scenario would be for TB to use Richards to find (cheaper) guys to plug any holes on their team (defense, goaltending, etc.) or a player of comparable value RIGHT NOW. It really makes little sense for the defending Stanley Cup champs to deal the Conn Smythe winner for a talented enigma who doesn't address any glaring needs.

Interesting how leave something out from your point: they really don't compare to Richards. The only one of any remote value is Pronger, and the Blues are in a completely different situation where they are rebuilding. Actually the 'cap move' that is most likely to happen is the one you leave out, the Hossa/Heatley deal, seeing as how if TB makes a deal THIS is the type of deal they will look for.

While I'll agree to disagree I appreciate the detailed explanation.

andora
11-08-2005, 08:35 PM
i honestly think an offer of steen and carlo would be enticing to doug maclean, i mean i know zherdev is one of the most talented young players in the game right now, his pure skill can be compared to that of a kovalev or mogilny for example, but if toronto were to come knocking with these two players, i don't think it's an automatic hang up... both of these guys from the leafs have potential, strong potential at both ends of the ice and look to have long promising careers

i think it gets them listening

Big Bill
11-09-2005, 11:54 AM
i honestly think an offer of steen and carlo would be enticing to doug maclean, i mean i know zherdev is one of the most talented young players in the game right now, his pure skill can be compared to that of a kovalev or mogilny for example, but if toronto were to come knocking with these two players, i don't think it's an automatic hang up... both of these guys from the leafs have potential, strong potential at both ends of the ice and look to have long promising careers

i think it gets them listening

I honestly think you are wrong. Nice try though

dru
11-09-2005, 12:39 PM

I'll second that.

bayern13
11-09-2005, 01:38 PM
what about:

to LA Zherdev and a 2nd or Klesla
to Colombus Boyle Push and miller or a 1st

Kesler Kills Kommies
11-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Ruutu and 2 second round for him

X0ssbar
11-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Ruutu and 2 second round for him

Tuomo Ruutu and a 2nd.

Sure. I'd do that.

Pothier
11-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Tuomo Ruutu and a 2nd.

Sure. I'd do that.

I think he's talking about Jarkko Ruutu.

DaMick
11-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Any chance Nikolai Zherdev gets dealt? .

one simple answer = Zero

andora
12-01-2005, 02:36 PM
so steen and carlo wouldn't get them atleast listening? so cbs hangs up automatically?

Takeo
12-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Very difficult to structure trades based upon potential for potential. I don't see him getting traded. Only groomed the hard way.

Transported Upstater
12-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I agree, everyone tends to overvalue their prospects.

Not me.
:)

Transported Upstater
12-01-2005, 04:22 PM
so steen and carlo wouldn't get them atleast listening? so cbs hangs up automatically?

Steen and Colaicovo would not get Zherdev.

DisgruntledHawkFan
12-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Cam Barker, Anton Babchuk, and a second rounder for Zherdev.

Trottier
12-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Just curious.

One poster cites personal problems that Zherdev is dealing with and get edited and admonished for not having a source.

Yet the thread starter casually accuses Zherdev of being "a cancer in the lockeroom", with no sources...and all is well.

Guess it's OK to randomly defame a player? :dunno:

Attica
12-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Luc Bourdon would probably get it done, maybe a swap of picks?

borro
12-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Maybe a Zherdev and something for the Caps #1 in 2006?

For the Caps: it gives them a top player to play with AO and maybe a minor piece.

For the Jackets: They get to make a likely top pick that fits their needs and add it to their own choice it allows them alot of flexibility.

borro
12-02-2005, 11:21 AM
No sure if Zherdev is worht it. If he and AO played together it might help both!

Pothier
12-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Here's a crazy idea:

To Columbus: Ryan Malone

To Pittsburgh: Nikolai Zherdev, Alexander Semin

To Washington: Sergei Gonchar

HockeyMan9
12-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Here's a crazy idea:

Have to be something else coming to Columbus even though he's struggled Zherdev's potential is still higher than Malones.

I'm not sure Washington would do it either, they give up Semin and still manage to get worse defensively.

Transported Upstater
12-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Cam Barker, Anton Babchuk, and a second rounder for Zherdev.

That's not bad compared to some I've seen. But I don't know how Columbus feels about Babchuk.

Plus, scoring goals is a bigger problem with them right now than defense.

CBJSlash
12-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Here's a crazy idea:

We'll flip something else in to get Malkin (Fritsche, Svitov, Johnson... Maybe even first rounder this year), but Malone is not nearly enough to get Zherdev. I like him, but not that much.

Players that would interest the Jackets: Malkin, Orpik, Whitney

HockeyMan9
12-04-2005, 12:53 AM
That's not bad compared to some I've seen. But I don't know how Columbus feels about Babchuk.

Plus, scoring goals is a bigger problem with them right now than defense.

Doug was supposedly high on Cam at the draft, so that may make this a little more probable. But i don't think either team would do it having to face each other 8 times a season, this trade could go heavily in favor of either team if one of the players even somewhat busts while the other lives up to potential, that'd be a tuff pill to sallow.

andora
12-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Steen and Colaicovo would not get Zherdev.

quote me where i said it would..