Ducks @ Coyotes

Waldo
10-11-2003, 08:03 AM
Ducks have only played 2 games but fortunately have lost both. Goaltending for them has been average and they've been out hustled. I'm sure this is only temporary, but if the Coyotes can also knock them off then media and fans in Anaheim will be questioning there dedication . Media will be asking if last year was a fluke. The team may psych themselves out and lose their confidence. Maybe they will go into an irreversible death spiral. In any event, I would like to see the Coyotes step all over them and contribute to their losing streak. What an opportunity for the Coyotes. Being a homer, I am predicting another solid game and a win. Nothing like putting a streak together to build confidence and chemistry. It has been impressive watching the defense step up as they have. Tanabe seems like he deserves major icetime. Anyways, nothing like winning the season opener to give us some optimism. I'm really happy that the season has started. The first ten games are soooo important.

hbk
10-11-2003, 08:06 AM
I hope this game is as entertaining as last night.

I'll predict a 4-1 Coyotes victory. Goal scorers: Nagy (2), Savage, Doan

Note: Went against another principle by betting on the Coyotes in my sports select ticket. Thanks to Tanabe and Kolanos it paid off.

Dancing Chicken
10-11-2003, 01:49 PM
The Yotes always seem to have tough games against the Ducks, lets hope they game change that this year..

Snap Wilson
10-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Mugs: What's up with Sillinger? Is he hurt?

MoneyP

wilycoyote
10-11-2003, 09:44 PM
He is out 4-6 weeks after undergoing hernia surgery. I believe he is expected back during the final week of this month.

CoyoteBaloney
10-11-2003, 09:49 PM
3-1 Yotes.

Word is Sillinger may be ready for the Toronto game.

Gwyddbwyll
10-12-2003, 01:36 AM
2-2 Savage, Johnson - Rucchin, Chistov

Savage likes his duck shoots.. 8 goals in 11 games against Anaheim(!)

ulf
10-12-2003, 08:47 AM
thats excellent production from savage...hope we play the ducks 6 times in oct. :)

the st.lo game was a very good opener...cudo's to booby and shane for having the team ready and playing with heart.[anyone seeing the pitt home opener will appreciate our effort compared to theirs.]

are the ducks emerging as a team that relies to much on it's new big guns?
hoping j.s is a flash in the pan and yotes take it 4-1,thx to burke.

Kimahri
10-12-2003, 04:56 PM
1-0 Yotes after the first...
Sweet goal on the powerplay. Top shelf by Nagy, assisted by Doan and Johnson.

Dancing Chicken
10-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Man this is a nail biter.. 1-0 5 minutes to go..

DJ Spinoza
10-12-2003, 06:28 PM
Is the game over yet?

I really hope the Yotes won...So that Nagy can have a GWG for many of my fantasy teams (also one of my favorite non Pens outside of Havlat...probably my favorite).:D

Legionnaire
10-12-2003, 06:30 PM
I've got a trade propsal, Sean Burke for a 9th round pick. Come on the guy sucks :joker:

Good game for the Yotes. Ducks 0-3 :joker:

Dancing Chicken
10-12-2003, 06:33 PM
LOL tell me about.. Yotes win 2-0 Burke saved our Skins..

Lets us all hope burke dose not get traded unless its atleast a 5rd pick ;)

DJ Spinoza
10-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Looks like Langkow scored the empty netter. I have Langkow and Nagy in every league I could get them in.

If somehow I can get one goal out of Jackman or Reed Low, I will have mounted a miraculous comeback for goals in one of my leagues...But that's not happening.:joker:

Anyways, good luck the rest of the way...I will probably check here from time to time to see how some guys are playing.

PhoPhan
10-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Burke has begun the season quite well.

vsmith
10-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Burke has begun the season quite well.

defense too...

CoyoteBaloney
10-12-2003, 08:08 PM
Time to jump back on the bandwagon ... and no I will not move over since I never jumped off.

Rooch
10-12-2003, 08:32 PM
great game for burke. very solid positioning. even running into him couldnt get him off his game. so long as he stays healthy, the dogs look to stay competitive.

LaLaLaprise
10-12-2003, 10:16 PM
Nagy is the Fu.ckin man!!! How the hell did he score that?

He has probably one of the best shots in the NHL. So under rated.

_Del_
10-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Time to jump back on the bandwagon ... and no I will not move over since I never jumped off.

I'll readily admit I'm impressed -- but I'll wait atleast til the third game to crown Francis with the Adams again.... ;)

CoyoteBaloney
10-13-2003, 12:38 AM
I'll readily admit I'm impressed -- but I'll wait atleast til the third game to crown Francis with the Adams again.... ;)
Regardless what happens on this road trip, Francis had this team ready for the first 2 games.

_Del_
10-13-2003, 02:01 AM
Regardless what happens on this road trip, Francis had this team ready for the first 2 games.

I will (begrudgingly) grant you that... :p

PhoPhan
10-13-2003, 12:47 PM
I have to admit, too, that I have been impressed. I hope they can keep it up, or at least stay ahead of the Flyers.

10-13-2003, 01:18 PM
I'll give credit where it is due, they have started out on a nice note, better than I thought they would. I'm still a little concerned about the 2 goals a game they are only scoring at this point. It only takes a fluke goal for them to be behind in the score. I hope they are able to get some more scoring opportunites, and of course capitalize on them.

The defense and goaltending has looked solid though. Burke has probably done more to cover up the mistakes for the defense than the defense has held off shots for Burke, but it is a team game. Tanabe has really stood out to me, you can always tell who he is on the ice, and you can't help but get interested when he's moving with the puck.

Nagy and Doan no doubt are the notable forwards thus far, that's not unexpected though. I'd like to see more scoring from others though, from our depth players not just our top 2 lines and powerplay.

Hoot
10-13-2003, 01:25 PM
From the few glimpses I've seen on the highlight tapes the Coyotes overall seem to be much more agile and have more speed than last season. If that is true then I'm a much happier fan.

Oh, and I agree with CT when he said that the Coyotes have been ready to play from the start this season. Another good sign of course.