Where's Doug McCloud?

BigMac1212
10-11-2003, 10:03 AM
I'm teed off that Doug got yanked from the broadcast team. I can't stand listening to Curt Keilback all the time! I wish this team could just find another good color commintator so that Curt would go back to the radio side, while Doug get back to his usual TV play-by-play. Gretzky made a bad move by giving Doug the heave-ho. This has got to change.

Hordichuk_24
10-11-2003, 02:27 PM
I agree. :handclap:

_Del_
10-11-2003, 03:07 PM
I agree. :handclap:

McLeod was one of my favorite guys -- but last year I thought his announcing was awful... I really won't miss him. I'm not a huge Kielback fan, but he'll get the job done I suppose...

Hordichuk_24
10-11-2003, 08:51 PM
McLeod was one of my favorite guys -- but last year I thought his announcing was awful... I really won't miss him. I'm not a huge Kielback fan, but he'll get the job done I suppose...

He did mess up a lot. But his heart made up for it, IMO.

rbrooks
10-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Buy that man a $5 cigar

Hordichuk_24
10-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Buy that man a $5 cigar

Exactly, LOL. :bow:

BigMac1212
10-12-2003, 02:10 PM
At least he's not as bad as what Pittsburgh has to go through:

"Oh, scrach my back with a hack saw!" (That's one mighty hard itch to use that!)
"Aw, I never teach a pig to sing!" (Yea, you might of made Babe into pork really quickly!)
"Aw, you can shave my face with a rusty blade!" (Who would want to, anyway?)
There's more, but this is all you would want to hear!

Devils Advocate
10-14-2003, 09:44 PM
I'm teed off that Doug got yanked from the broadcast team. I can't stand listening to Curt Keilback all the time! I wish this team could just find another good color commintator so that Curt would go back to the radio side, while Doug get back to his usual TV play-by-play. Gretzky made a bad move by giving Doug the heave-ho. This has got to change.

McCleod is a fool. Best thing they ever did was get rid of him. He could care less about the game of hockey. He was more preoccupied with coming up with his stupid one liners. "Metallurgy save" "Dog named Dog" etc. What a tool. Thank goodness they got rid of Jimmy Johnson too.

Kielback is great. Talk about heart. Someday that man is going to keel (no pun intended) over while announcing a game.

CoyoteBaloney
10-14-2003, 10:42 PM
McCleod is a fool. Best thing they ever did was get rid of him. He could care less about the game of hockey. He was more preoccupied with coming up with his stupid one liners. "Metallurgy save" "Dog named Dog" etc. What a tool. Thank goodness they got rid of Jimmy Johnson too.

Kielback is great. Talk about heart. Someday that man is going to keel (no pun intended) over while announcing a game.
It wasn't Gretzky who let him go but that moron Jim Lites.

XX
10-15-2003, 01:28 PM

The day they win the stanley cup

I think hes great, makes the game exciting. Sometimes I wince on the highlights but in the heat of the moment hes perfect.

Hopefully the yotes can give him something good to call, I feel bad for the Pens announcers.

Devils Advocate
10-16-2003, 10:29 AM
It wasn't Gretzky who let him go but that moron Jim Lites.

I believe Gretzky hired Lites, so.....

In any event, that makes Lites a hero in my eyes. I don't understand the moron comment? If Lites had a change of heart & wanted to go back to Dallas, that's fine by me. I don't want people here against their own will.