Tonights game! Panthers vs. The Bruins!

jacksheit
10-11-2003, 11:46 AM
After last nights terrible play, the boston bruins will try to bounce back against our pumped up panthers! :yo:
:teach: Personally with the lame play of B's goalies, their non threat D, I think the Panthers will win. Their coach is a newbie, mikey K will eat him.
:bow: I'd only b scared of the B's first line. Thorton can still dominate. But with the Panthers improved D and our saviour Louie, I think we'll get another wiN.
I think they'll score atleast 3 goals again tonight. :handclap:
What do u think?
lines? :madfire:
Nilson Jokinen koz
Hus HORTON Bure
hag cullen sam
Hord Ritchie Messier

BOWMEESTER Olden
Mezie Van Ryn
Lil Biron

ROBERTO

m2k2p
10-11-2003, 12:18 PM
I don't think Horton will start on the 2nd line, but if Cullen does'nt produce and Horton plays well he might end up there later in the game again.

Takkie
10-11-2003, 01:05 PM
Boston is a dangerous team, with a Capable Goalie in Raycroft/Potvin. hopefully we pull out the win,but it is too early to judge how good this panthers team is , and while the B's team got dominated by tampa last night, they are still capable of pulling out the W. All things said, The Panthers have a good chance to win this game and hopefully they do just that.

PanthersRule96
10-11-2003, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Mc Donald was inserted instead of Ritchie soon and Novo will probably get a chance soon as well. Not neccesarily tonight though.

BabyJagrov
10-11-2003, 01:18 PM
After last nights terrible play, the boston bruins will try to bounce back against our pumped up panthers! :yo:
:teach: Personally with the lame play of B's goalies, their non threat D, I think the Panthers will win. Their coach is a newbie, mikey K will eat him.
:bow: I'd only b scared of the B's first line. Thorton can still dominate. But with the Panthers improved D and our saviour Louie, I think we'll get another wiN.
I think they'll score atleast 3 goals again tonight. :handclap:
What do u think?
lines? :madfire:
Nilson Jokinen koz
Hus HORTON Bure
hag cullen sam
Hord Ritchie Messier

BOWMEESTER Olden
Mezie Van Ryn
Lil Biron

ROBERTO

Try your best to be at least understandable and look like somebody who can read/write/talk on a daily basis !

Qubax
10-11-2003, 02:32 PM
On NHL.com it makes it sound like Shields is starting..?

This doesn't make sense....Sheilds is worse then Hurme Lunogo's gonna play damn near 70 games this year..It's not back to back nights so it's gotta be a given that Louie's in net right..?

Surely Keenan trusts Luongo...?

it says Shields will be facing his former team...but really if he isn't playing is he reallly facing them..?

I hope it's louie or we might lose....

Heimy
10-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Luongo will be in net. Bure is a late scratch. Novo's in! :rolly:

Coolburn
10-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Trnka is one expensive scratch the first 2 nites. Personally, I'd rather see Trnka than Biron but we all know how Dudley & Keenan feel about that :dunno:

Thewbacca
10-11-2003, 06:29 PM
That Raycroft will be something. If Potvin was in net we would have won the game and probable if Huselius hadn't shot the puck dead center into Raycrofts chest on that breakaway then we could have finished it. But we have Carolina coming up on Monday so that could lengthen the unbeaton streak to 3 games. Luongo has been playing amazing in net just letting in only 1 goal a game so far. I hope he gets a shutout monday. With the way Atlanta and TB are playing we really need the wins.

evildreams
10-11-2003, 06:31 PM
yet another season i am completely unimpressed w/ our offensive creativity. i have a feeling that, depending how this team opens up its first 15 games (i.e. if it is sub-.500), fans will assume it is the same old ****, and cohen might be pressed to part w/ a weiss and/or taticek in order to add a really proven scorer.

Takkie
10-11-2003, 06:43 PM
we had some good offensive plays that just didnt work out. some spectacular plays by Raycroft, and a surefire goal that horton was slow to pull the trigger on, overall i think our offensive game was slighty over acceptable, and not near as bad as you make it sound, but, to tell the truth, i wouldnt mind a proven scorer.

evildreams
10-11-2003, 06:51 PM
we had some good offensive plays that just didnt work out. some spectacular plays by Raycroft, and a surefire goal that horton was slow to pull the trigger on, overall i think our offensive game was slighty over acceptable, and not near as bad as you make it sound, but, to tell the truth, i wouldnt mind a proven scorer.

as pessimistic a panthers fan as i am, i truly believe this team is one proven scorer away from being pushed over the top (threatening for the southeast div. title)

panthersr#1
10-11-2003, 07:04 PM
How many proven scorers has NY added over and over again and their 0-2 again, losing 5-0 to Columbus today and 5-3 to Minn last night. ED, did you watch the game tonight. If their goalie doesnt stand on his head, we win by 2 or 3 goals. Who would you replace with this "proven" scorer, that would take us "over the top"?

evildreams
10-11-2003, 07:22 PM
How many proven scorers has NY added over and over again and their 0-2 again, losing 5-0 to Columbus today and 5-3 to Minn last night. ED, did you watch the game tonight. If their goalie doesnt stand on his head, we win by 2 or 3 goals. Who would you replace with this "proven" scorer, that would take us "over the top"?

anyone not named horton, kozlov, jokinen.

any of the following names sound appealing?

rolston
zhamnov
daze
sullivan
arnott
m.york
stumpel
brunette
perreault
scatchard
j.blake
parrish
bates
rucinsky
nedved
t.white
smolinski
bonk
recchi
handzus
savage
hrdina

Heimy
10-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Bure was missed tonight. So was the jump we saw in the opener...at least 'til the 3rd period. Both minders were great though.

MoeHowardDavid
10-11-2003, 08:25 PM

rolston
zhamnov
daze
sullivan
arnott
m.york
stumpel
brunette
perreault
scatchard
j.blake
parrish
bates
rucinsky
nedved
t.white
smolinski
bonk
recchi
handzus
savage
hrdina

I don't think its worth trading Weiss or Taticek for most of those players.

panthersr#1
10-11-2003, 08:34 PM
youd trade Huselius for those guys?

evildreams
10-11-2003, 10:20 PM
youd trade Huselius for those guys?

for any one of bonk/arnott/daze, yes

Clint
10-11-2003, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Taticek go... don't we have enough young centers around? BTW, back on topic, who played well tonight, and who didn't? I missed the game cuz I was at work.

Clash*
10-12-2003, 01:51 AM
Maybe we should trade Kolnik for a bag of pucks. Perreault and Rucinsky aren't proven scorers. Hell, a good majority of them don't put in more than Huselius, except when playin with top notch talent. Ed's view of the Panthers equals the eternal one line team.

patastrophe
10-12-2003, 03:16 AM

rolston
zhamnov
daze
sullivan
arnott
m.york
stumpel
brunette
perreault
scatchard
j.blake
parrish
bates
rucinsky
nedved
t.white
smolinski
bonk
recchi
handzus
savage
hrdina

a large chunk of the names you have there either have inflated stats due to who they play with, OR have had one decent nhl season, OR are just as unproven as the panthers talent, OR outright suck (see: brian savage). i wouldnt think recchi is available, and at this stage of his career is overpriced. bonk and nedved i like, but nedved's contract is ridiculous isnt he getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 4.75 mil?

arnott is a career 50 point player other than a couple seasons in edmonton...we have guys who can do that for us now. scatchard has only had two seasons over 20 goals (21 and 27, otherwise he never scored more than 13 in eight seasons). jason blake is another 30 year old who's highest point total other than last season was 36. perrault is a gritty two way guy, who is great at faceoffs, THAT i like, but i wouldnt call him a proven scorer. another 50ish point man.

stevie sullivan might be worth looking into if the price is right. send em novo and shvidki both LOL

patastrophe
10-12-2003, 03:23 AM
for any one of bonk/arnott/daze, yes

bonk=40 pts without yashin (in the past), alfie, hossa, etc around him. for evidence of this, see his play last season when demoted to the third line.
arnott=overrated career 50 pt man, also, overpaid due to arbiter's decision. at first i thought that sounded about right, then i looked at his numbers.
daze=streaky, injury prone, and overpaid.

huselius=2 20 goal seasons so far, good speed, great shot, good vision, a little scared in traffic but getting better about it, probably will develop into a good 30-35 goal sniper in the next season or two.

you make the call

Takkie
10-12-2003, 04:51 AM
why dont we just sign steve thomas if we need a "Proven Scorer"?

Thewbacca
10-12-2003, 05:06 AM
Bure was out last night and Novo replaced him which killed any chance of Huselius getting some scoring chances. Did you see Kozlov play last night? He was constantly out stickhandling the boston defence behind the net and setting up some nice plays that Raycroft was able to stop.

Coolburn
10-12-2003, 05:48 AM
Hagman played well again and got some time on the first line as a result. I guess the rumors of his possible trading lit a fire under his arse and maybe he's Keenan's new project (let's hope so). Kozlov played amazing last nite and shows why he's a top talent player in this league. Not just his stickhandling but his shooting, passing, and even phsyicality were prevalent last nite. To me, Kozlov is easily on par or better than Daze and Bonk. Those names that ED listed are players that the other team wouldn't trade for just a Weiss or Taticek even. They would want help both now and in the future. Only players on the list that I liked were Rolston, Stumpel, & Smolinski but to pry them from those teams is near impossible for what FL would have to give up.

And ED thinks I'd be a poor GM...I think those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks :joker:

CatscratchFever
10-12-2003, 06:39 AM
Hagman played well again and got some time on the first line as a result. I guess the rumors of his possible trading lit a fire under his arse and maybe he's Keenan's new project (let's hope so).

No...

Just the sophomore slump is over...

PanthersRule96
10-12-2003, 07:16 AM
The only name on ED's list that sounds appealing is Parrish and I'd deal him for Nilson and Rossiter.

sting_fan
10-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Bure was out last night and Novo replaced him which killed any chance of Huselius getting some scoring chances.

Come on. Huselius had four shots in the first period, Novoseltsev two. Horton, who centred the line mid-way through the period, added one. The line had a handful of good scoring oppertunities, but Raycroft was just too sharp on this night.

PanthersRule96
10-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Come on. Huselius had four shots in the first period, Novoseltsev two. Horton, who centred the line mid-way through the period, added one. The line had a handful of good scoring oppertunities, but Raycroft was just too sharp on this night.
100% correct. Too bad Huselius looked to be outta gas when he tried to outskate Samsonov. I can't believe Kozlov missed that shot. Remember when he did that in OT last year against Legace and the Red Wings. He hit the crossbar when we could have won by doing the same move. He was all alone and should have deked Raycroft.

PantherboyHTR
10-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Good game last night. Loungo had a great game, the goal was Biron's (or Mezei, I can't remember who) fault, they didnt pick up Samsonov in front. Other than that, we contained the top line pretty good.
Cullen struggled again.
Kozlov looked amazing out there.
Raycroft pretty much got the B's their point, as he had many amazing saves.
Overall, it was more like a win then a tie IMO. :handclap:

patastrophe
10-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Good game last night. Loungo had a great game, the goal was Biron's (or Mezei, I can't remember who) fault, they didnt pick up Samsonov in front. Other than that, we contained the top line pretty good.
Cullen struggled again.
Kozlov looked amazing out there.
Raycroft pretty much got the B's their point, as he had many amazing saves.
Overall, it was more like a win then a tie IMO. :handclap:

not really, had it been a win, we'd have gotten two points instead of one. j/k

Chaos2k7
10-13-2003, 05:34 AM
not really, had it been a win, we'd have gotten two points instead of one. j/k

It was Mezei who lost Samsonov in front of the net.

But, I was very happy with only giving up one goal to a top line that dominated us last year without Samsonov. We had enough muscle to keep those guys in check.

I think we carried the play and had most of the best scoring chances. I could not believe how pretty the PP tried to get when they had the 5-3.

SHOOT DAMN YOU, SHOOT!!

But I was very happy with it. And what a end to end game.

We can play successfully defensively and we have enough weapons to compete in a shootout.

:handclap:

patastrophe
10-14-2003, 02:16 AM
The only name on ED's list that sounds appealing is Parrish and I'd deal him for Nilson and Rossiter.

i missed this last night. parrish is VERY VERY streaky. good kid, and i love his work ethic though. IMO were better off keeping nilson and offereing novo/shvidki or novo AND shvidki and a prospect dman. i dont think milbury is that dumb though :D . nilson is one of our few "glue" players though. maybe he dont have huge stats, but trust me, hed be missed if he was gone.