Wilkes-Barre vs. Norfolk (10/11/03)

GoPenguins
10-12-2003, 07:24 AM
The Baby Pens got a swift rematch against the Admirals, who had handily beaten the Pens in the season opener. The Pens managed to exact some revenge with a 4-2 victory. Surovy notched his 2nd, and Endicott, Sivek and Armstrong added the other goals. Andy Chiodo got the start and stopped 31 of 33 shots.

Norfolk were a strong team last year, so getting a win against them should be something positive to build on. All in all, a good night for both the big Pens and the Baby Pens.

I am not sure what will happen at the goalie position now Aubin has cleared waivers (a shocker there ;) ) but Brochu is probably the goalie most likely to be the odd man out. He hasnt had a stellar beginning, and was outplayed by Chiodo throughout camp too.

DJ Spinoza
10-12-2003, 08:36 AM
I am pretty sure that they will carry three goalies. It was in a recent article, I think on the PG.

Evilo
10-12-2003, 08:45 AM
Chido has impressed so far. Both in camp and in WB...
Could he be a sleeper?
Fleury, Caron, Chiodo...

AEKaki
10-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Chido has impressed so far. Both in camp and in WB...
Could he be a sleeper?
Fleury, Caron, Chiodo...

Chiodo was OHL goalie of the year last year.
You can say he's a sleeper in the draft but he is a good goalie, and I am happy we drafted him.
We have 3 solig goaltenders.
All very young.

Evilo
10-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Chiodo was OHL goalie of the year last year.
You can say he's a sleeper in the draft but he is a good goalie, and I am happy we drafted him.
We have 3 solig goaltenders.
All very young.
I'm aware of that, but he's not projected as an NHLer. Backup at best. So far he's shown a lot of promises.