Jason King

sjmapleleafsfan
10-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Congratulations to Corner Brook, Newfoundland native Jason King on making the Vancouver Canucks out of training camp and scoring his first goal the other night against the Flames.

sjmapleleafsfan

jeffbrown
10-12-2003, 01:01 PM
He's looked solid in the first 2 games. Let's hope he can keep it up.

joe blow
10-13-2003, 02:30 AM
Yeah, no doubt about the work ethic. And he has some incredible moves when he gets a chance to use them. I used to play against him, a couple years ago, and his hands were just amazing. I know the NHL is a very different game, but hoepfully he gets to develop those skills.

nazzy19o
10-13-2003, 12:10 PM
anyone have that picture of him celebrating his goal from a pre-season game which i believe was against SJ. ??

jeffbrown
10-13-2003, 07:19 PM
anyone have that picture of him celebrating his goal from a pre-season game which i believe was against SJ. ??

Sorry no pic of that goal, but if his first regular season goal in NHL is any indication, he's not a rah rah kind of guy (not that there's anything wrong with that). It was a pretty tame first goal in NHL sort of celebration....more like a grin/smirk.

In comparison, I saw a highlight of Brent Burns score his first the other night and he was gonna blow his lid!!!!

LaLaLaprise
10-14-2003, 08:05 AM
Sorry no pic of that goal, but if his first regular season goal in NHL is any indication, he's not a rah rah kind of guy (not that there's anything wrong with that). It was a pretty tame first goal in NHL sort of celebration....more like a grin/smirk.

In comparison, I saw a highlight of Brent Burns score his first the other night and he was gonna blow his lid!!!!
So True. I dont think I have ever seen King do any kind of hot doging on any of his 114 goals here.

He just raises his hands. He has always been like that.

Thalia
10-14-2003, 10:20 AM
A pic of King from last Thursday's game:

http://canucks.com/images/inbydate03/oct0903/king_b.jpg