Bednar gets a callup

Heimy
10-12-2003, 10:49 AM
From TSN

SUNRISE, Fla. (CP) - The Florida Panthers recalled right-winger Jaroslav Bednar from San Antonio of the AHL on Sunday.

Bednar had five goals and 27 points in 67 games with the Panthers and Los Angeles Kings last season.

Florida also placed defenceman Mathieu Biron on injured reserve after he sustained a hand injury in Saturday night's game against Boston. Biron is expected to miss about one week.

Good news! I hope Bednar gets top line work.

Isn't Trnka nursing a groin strain?

jacksheit
10-12-2003, 10:53 AM
I know what'll happen:
Messier will move back to d-fence
bednar will take his place on the right wing on the 4th

PanthersRule96
10-12-2003, 10:57 AM
From TSN

SUNRISE, Fla. (CP) - The Florida Panthers recalled right-winger Jaroslav Bednar from San Antonio of the AHL on Sunday.

Bednar had five goals and 27 points in 67 games with the Panthers and Los Angeles Kings last season.

Florida also placed defenceman Mathieu Biron on injured reserve after he sustained a hand injury in Saturday night's game against Boston. Biron is expected to miss about one week.

Good news! I hope Bednar gets top line work.

Isn't Trnka nursing a groin strain?

Hey Heimy, next on the list is Shvidki. As hard as he's worked, Cullen has not been great in the first 2 games. He is a goner and Nedorost will soon take his place.

Heimy
10-12-2003, 11:18 AM
I hope you're right PanthersRule but I wonder if Shvidki will ever get a fair shake with Keenan at the helm.

jacksheit
10-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Hey Heimy, next on the list is Shvidki. As hard as he's worked, Cullen has not been great in the first 2 games. He is a goner and Nedorost will soon take his place.
YES YES YES!!!!
Thats what i wanna hear! Nedorost will hafta fight Horton for #2 center, but YES. cullen hasta go
Ooo how about
Hus - Nedorost - Horton
ooo the potential of that line!

Heimy
10-12-2003, 11:23 AM
YES YES YES!!!!
Thats what i wanna hear! Nedorost will hafta fight Horton for #2 center, but YES. cullen hasta go
Ooo how about
Hus - Nedorost - Horton
ooo the potential of that line!

We need to be strong up the middle and that means Horton plays center, his natural position.

But I agree Cullen has been disappointing.

m2k2p
10-12-2003, 11:38 AM
This is good news. Bednar got two goals (1 assist and a +1) in two games for the Rampage and I thought he had an excellent camp. Biron played pretty well last night, but I think he is the weak link of our defense so far. I think Messier will play D against Carolina, but I would'nt be surprised to see him as a forward at times on the PK or late in the game. I would like to see Bednar play with Huselius and Horton on a line.

jacksheit
10-12-2003, 11:50 AM
This is good news. Bednar got two goals (1 assist and a +1) in two games for the Rampage and I thought he had an excellent camp. Biron played pretty well last night, but I think he is the weak link of our defense so far. I think Messier will play D against Carolina, but I would'nt be surprised to see him as a forward at times on the PK or late in the game. I would like to see Bednar play with Huselius and Horton on a line.
Ooooo right!!!! Bure's hurt!
yes it will b
Hus - Horton - Bednar
Yes, i was extreamly impressed last year when he played on the top two lines, he always seemed to get a point. then when he went to the 3rd or 4th he just faded away
I bet horton gets his first goal today!!

PanthersRule96
10-13-2003, 11:49 AM
I hope you're right PanthersRule but I wonder if Shvidki will ever get a fair shake with Keenan at the helm.

IMO he's the next Jokinen only with a bigger offensive upside. If V Bure doesn't produce, he's gone as well as Cullen although I have been impressed by Bure, but not the new (suspiciously bulked up) Cullen. Nedorost Huselius and Horton sound like a good line. Hagman should stay on the top line for a while as he is playing great.
From the players on our roster for the NHL or injured:

Hagman-Jokinen-Kozlov
Huselius-Horton-Bure /Bednar
Nilson-Nedorost-Bednar
Hordichuk-Samuelsson-Messier

JBO-Odelein
Lilja-VanRyn
Mezei-Krajicek/Novak

And of course, the most difficult decision :rolleyes:

1)Shields
2) Luongo.......

:p

Shvidki will be in the NHL soon IMO.
I think Trnka and Cullen are both out the door and if I had my way, this would be the lines for now. While Biron is gone, I think we will eventually need more offense from the D and Lilja is not an offensive D man. If Kraj playes well, then I'd like to see him here or Novak.

sting_fan
10-13-2003, 01:41 PM
The Panthers need Bure to be productive, otherwise they'd never be able to move him. And don't kid yourself, the second someone shows interest in Bure, he's as good as gone.

Rattrick
10-13-2003, 01:55 PM
Lilja is not an offensive D man.

I think Lilja could be a decent offensive defenseman with the awesome shot he has.