Friesen--Gomez--Marshall
Elias--Larionov--Brylin
Pandolfo--Madden--Langenbrunner
Rupp--Rasmussen--Skrlac

Rafalski--Stevens
Niedermayer--Sean Brown
David Hale--Colin White

Marty

Time to call up Rob Skrlac for opening night.

Whadda ya say????????

Devils Unseen Hand
10-13-2003, 02:39 AM
Friesen--Gomez--Marshall
Elias--Larionov--Brylin
Rupp--Rasmussen--Skrlac

Rafalski--Stevens
Niedermayer--Sean Brown
David Hale--Colin White

Marty

Whadda ya say????????

I agree with you totally with only "1" exception...

I'd swap out Gomez with Rupp. Rupp is chomping at the bit to play and would use his size and attitude to make a statement against the Leafs. Plus, he's bigger and we could use his size in this game.

In addition, Gomez can use a reminder that "anyone" can ride the pine, so you'd better play well!

DevilFisch
10-13-2003, 03:40 AM
Elias--Gomez--Marshall
Friesen--Rupp--Brylin
Gionta--Larionov--Berglund

Rafalski--Stevens
Niedermayer--White
Brown--Giroux

Brodeur
Schwab

I say we give Rupp at a shot at the #2 center spot, have Larionov play with the kids, unscratch Brown, and call up Mr. Ray Giroux.

NJDevils#4
10-13-2003, 07:13 AM
Elias--Gomez--Marshall
Friesen--Rupp--Brylin
Gionta--Larionov--Berglund

Rafalski--Stevens
Niedermayer--White
Brown--Giroux

Brodeur
Schwab

I say we give Rupp at a shot at the #2 center spot, have Larionov play with the kids, unscratch Brown, and call up Mr. Ray Giroux.

Giving up on Martin and Hale so soon?

I like the forwards though.

think-blue-
10-13-2003, 07:33 AM
Could you also scratch Stevens and Elias....thanks.

We need the points

;)

Missionhockey
10-13-2003, 07:47 AM
Could you also scratch Stevens and Elias....thanks.

We need the points

;)

still got Brodeur and Niedermayer to deal with :rolly:

Blackjack
10-13-2003, 10:32 AM
Elias-Gomez-Marshall
Friesen-Larionov-Brylin
Pandlofo-Madden-Langenbrunner
Gionta-Rasmussen-Berglund

Stevens-Rafalski
White-Niedermayer
Hale-Martin

Brodeur

That's what I'd like to see.

dennisjs
10-13-2003, 02:38 PM
Friesen--Gomez--Marshall
Elias--Larionov--Brylin
Rupp--Rasmussen--Skrlac

Rafalski--Stevens
Niedermayer--Sean Brown
David Hale--Colin White

Marty

Whadda ya say????????

I agree. Call up Skrlac. I wanna see him fight Domi. Sit out Gomez, insert Rupp. Martin out, Brown in.

Missionhockey
10-13-2003, 02:43 PM
I agree. Call up Skrlac. I wanna see him fight Domi. Sit out Gomez, insert Rupp. Martin out, Brown in.

Why Gomez? He's our best offensive center and he's skating well. There is no need for him to be punished.

dennisjs
10-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Why Gomez? He's our best offensive center and he's skating well. There is no need for him to be punished.

He's been the least impressive center so far, imo. Gotta sit someone to give Rupp a chance.

dennisjs
10-13-2003, 06:53 PM
You could sit Gionta and place him on the right wing, Rasmussen and play Rupp on 4th line. Noway Gomez goes out for Rupp.

Yeah, sitting out Gionta in order to get Rupp in the lineup would probably be the better way to go now that I think about it.

Tbg1515
10-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Elias-Larionov-Berglund
Gomez-Rupp-Friesen
Pando-Madden-Langenbrunner
Gionta-Rasmussen-Marshall

Stevens-Rafalski
Nieds-White
S. Brown-Hale

Brodeur

BY the way if anyone wants to get Jeff Friesens autograph and meet him he will be at Livingston mall, @ Sports Express from 6:00-8:00 p.m.

Just thought i would tell you guys

Unthinkable
10-13-2003, 08:03 PM
Elias-Gomez-Marshall
Friesen-Larionov-Brylin
Pandlofo-Madden-Langenbrunner
Gionta-Rasmussen-Berglund

Stevens-Rafalski
White-Niedermayer
Hale-Martin

Brodeur

That's what I'd like to see.

Looks good to me also. Someday down the road, we could have quite a crash line on our hands with Pihlman or Pikkarainen inserted at left wing on the fourth line in place of Brian Gionta along with Rupp/Rasmussen alternating games at center. That could be hella fun to watch.

think-blue-
10-14-2003, 04:58 AM
Its very likely that the Leafs will dress Nathan Perrott on Thursday, so there's some more toughness to deal with. Alexander Mogilny might miss the game, as might Robert Reichel.

tmg
10-14-2003, 07:08 AM
I don't think it'd be wise to healthy-scratch either Gionta or Gomez while this team is still undefeated. There's no call to 'bench' anyone (except possibly Hale and Martin, who probably shouldn't be dressed for big games just yet). If Rupp needs to be rotated in, rotate out a bubble player, like Rasmussen or Berglund. If Larionov's old legs need the same kind of occasional rest that Dano's did last season, that's an ideal opportunity to bring Rupp right in without disrupting the other lines. IMHO, even Brylin would be a 'safer' healthy scratch than Gomez or Gionta.

Making Gionta or Gomez a healthy scratch could prove disastrous to both their confidence and their trade value.

tmg
10-14-2003, 09:21 AM
I still cant believe NJ who's always won with toughness are going enforcerless. If they dont call up Skrlac here they wont all year. Which is a shame.
Toughness != goonery.

White, Stevens, and Brown will probably be half of the Devils' D on Thursday - possibly Hale as well. Marshall's no wimp, and Stevenson's got grit (when he returns).

The Devils haven't carried a legitimate goon ("Enforcer") for a high percentage of games since Oliwa and Peluso. The Devils already have too many NHL-worthy forwards to actually play. And you want them to tie up a valuable roster spot on a guy whose only talent is trading five minutes with Tie Domi?

The Devils have 'always won' by playing four lines that can contribute in all facets of the game. Oliwa excepted, they've never carried a thug whose only role has been to get into fights. And that's what Srlac would be if they called him up.

tmg
10-14-2003, 09:28 AM
Jim Mckenzie?

If you call 88 PIM in 76 games an 'enforcer' your definition differs from mine.

Tbg1515
10-14-2003, 10:52 AM
The Devils are fine as for an enforcer, as long as Sean Brown Plays

Friesen-Larionov-Gionta
Elias-Madden-Langenbrunner
Pandolfo-Rasmussen-Gomez
Marshall-Rupp-Berglund

Stevens-Hale
Rafalski-White
Niedermeyer-Brown

Broduer

Devils Unseen Hand
10-14-2003, 11:09 AM
The Devils are fine as for an enforcer, as long as Sean Brown Plays

Sean Brown is more of a punching bag than an enforcer!

Marshall can handle his own, as well as White for this upcoming game. Thus, I don't see them calling up Skrlac (yet) for there is no guarantee that we'll be dropping them often this Thursday.

However, if they (Domi, Belak, etc.) take liberties with Gionta, Marty, Brylin, etc., rest assure Skrlac will be up to take care of business come the next game.

Niedermayer21
10-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Why wait and see if the Loafs go after Gionta, Brylin, Larionov, Gomez, etc? Just call up Skrlac while Stevenson is out and let him handle anyone who picks on our smurfs.

Marshall and White can handle a lot, but if it gets crazy, it couldn't hurt to have Skrlac on the bench--just in case!!!!!!!!

Or we could call up Clouthier??? Hey, how about Steve Kariya? ;)