Re: Petr Vrana

Niedermayer21
10-12-2003, 07:48 PM
Just curious, but does anyone have any reservations that we selected Petr Vrana ahead of Patrice Bergeron and Danny Fritsche, who are both playing in the NHL this year?

Both are centers with some size and could have possibly made our roster this season. I don't know much about Bergeron, but my friend felt that Fritsche could have been the best player in the entire Draft. Only time will tell.

I have never seen Petr Vrana play, so I need an educated opinion, like that of PEli or Jason, or someone else who has seen Vrana, Bergeron, and Fritsche play.

Thanks a lot!!! ;)

LaLaLaprise
10-12-2003, 07:59 PM
I have seen all 3 play. All 3 play different styles. If Vrana was drafted by either of the other 2 teams he might be in the NHL. Face it, Lou doesnt like rushing teenagers, and there is no need to rush them when you have a solid team.

Bergeron is Bostons #2 center, only because of lack of depth.

And dont let Petr's numbers in Halifax this year fool you. He is the best player on the team, and he is playing with 13 rookies on each night.

Proffessor G DIDDY
10-12-2003, 08:03 PM
As if i think Vrana is quality player. As a Penguins fan i really wanted to see Pittsurgh draft him, he's got great speed, skill and aggression. He was easily in the top ten offensive forwards in that draft.

Dirty Core
10-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Your hockey knowlegde makes me sick. Think of it, look at the teams Bergeron and Fristche play for, then look at the Devils' roster - enough said!!! Learn something about hockey buddy and then come back to this forum. Long Live the Dirty Core and his disciples of destruction!!! :rant: :mad:

Unthinkable
10-13-2003, 02:21 PM
I have seen all 3 play. All 3 play different styles. If Vrana was drafted by either of the other 2 teams he might be in the NHL. Face it, Lou doesnt like rushing teenagers, and there is no need to rush them when you have a solid team.

Bergeron is Bostons #2 center, only because of lack of depth.

And dont let Petr's numbers in Halifax this year fool you. He is the best player on the team, and he is playing with 13 rookies on each night.

You are bang on about Bergeron. He's getting a chance to play in the NHL a season or two earlier then he should be because Josef Stmpel was dealt back to the the LA Kings and Boston didn't replace him one for one even with the Travis Green waiver wire pickup.

Dirty Core
10-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Long live STHU, Don't come on these boards starting a fight.

Shut your mouth JasonMacIsaac. I get very frustrated when people who think they know something about hockey and the Devils wastes my time on this board. I have sat back and read this garbage for too long and now it is time for The Dirty Core to unleash his wrath on this board. So if you got a beef, we'll settle like a man, you stinking pacifist! And you'll never . . . ever, forget the name of . . . The Dirty Core!!!! :rant: :mad:

Kevin Forbes
10-14-2003, 02:03 AM
geez, right near the end of his post it was almost like he started to forget his own name

Devils Unseen Hand
10-14-2003, 02:45 AM
Shut your mouth JasonMacIsaac. I get very frustrated when people who think they know something about hockey and the Devils wastes my time on this board. I have sat back and read this garbage for too long and now it is time for The Dirty Core to unleash his wrath on this board. So if you got a beef, we'll settle like a man, you stinking pacifist! And you'll never . . . ever, forget the name of . . . The Dirty Core!!!! :rant: :mad:

For someone who doesn't forget his name, you can't be too smart if you don't know where you live...."Parts Unknown" What's up with that!?! You think this is professional wrestling? You're gonna pull some kind of Dirty Core, "Deathgrip" on us? The only wrestling move you know is the cobra-clutch on your groin because women won't date you!

So...before you spew your nonsense, enlighten us first with your hockey knowledge first before you run you mouth like a duck's ass! All you've done so far is "proclaim" you're so smart with hockey knowledge, but the only thing you've done is take petty, pop-shots at the people on this board. So either get involved with your hockey sense and prove it with your words ...or go find another board!

The Devils Repairman

FYI ~ Here's a freebie slogan for ya'

The Dirty Core: My dick is a virgin...but my a**hole's a *****!!!

Dirty Core
10-14-2003, 01:38 PM
For someone who doesn't forget his name, you can't be too smart if you don't know where you live...."Parts Unknown" What's up with that!?! You think this is professional wrestling? You're gonna pull some kind of Dirty Core, "Deathgrip" on us? The only wrestling move you know is the cobra-clutch on your groin because women won't date you!

So...before you spew your nonsense, enlighten us first with your hockey knowledge first before you run you mouth like a duck's ass! All you've done so far is "proclaim" you're so smart with hockey knowledge, but the only thing you've done is take petty, pop-shots at the people on this board. So either get involved with your hockey sense and prove it with your words ...or go find another board!

The Devils Repairman

FYI ~ Here's a freebie slogan for ya'

The Dirty Core: My dick is a virgin...but my a**hole's a *****!!!

Oh wow, Devils Repairman, your wit (you do know the meaning of that word - don't you?) is too much for me. For some guy who probably only has a high school education, you think you're pretty clever. Now who is ruining this board with their profanity (another difficult word for you) and useless jargon. Never once did I write a offensive word, but a low-life like you seems to tkae great delight in doing so! I guees that is why you Americans are known around the world to have no class. Anyway, my hockey knowledge is indeed infinite and you too can learn from The Dirty Core. :mad: :rant:

Dirty Core
10-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Whats your name again, DirtyWhore....yea thats it

Well DirtyWhore, First off, it isn't only becasue Fritsche and Bergeron are on weaker teams it may also have something to do with them being better prospects. Take away Fritsches shoulder problems and he would have went top 20 easy. The guy is exactly like JR and players liek that are very valuable. Not many teams wanted to take a risk on a guy with metal pins in his shoulder.

Bergeron is bigger then Vrana and played on a weaker team, putting up the stats he did was pretty amazing, once again he is supost to have ahigher ceiling due to his size. Vrana played on an amazing offensive team, maybe the best in the CHL, if not for a weak defense or goaltender they would have won the Q and maybe the memorial cup. Vrana had good linemates and didn't play vs the other teams top line.

You really got me there Jason, Dirty *****, that is real creative. How long did it take for you to come up with that one?!? Anyway, a hockey observer like you should know that minor league stats don't always predict NHL success or failure. Just because Vrana is smaller than the other prospects your so in love with, doesn't mean he won't be able to perform at a high level. Also, the Devils have the luxury of developing their prospects over a the years, a luxury neither the Bruins or Blue Jackets appear to have. So why are you so obsessed with a Devils prospect who is at least two years away? Remeber, when your with the Dirty Core, you're with the Dirty Core for life!!! :mad: :rant:

Blackjack
10-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Remeber, when your with the Dirty Core, you're with the Dirty Core for life!!! :mad: :rant:

You must be a chick magnet with that line.

Seriously, I think Paul and Teemu have a spot in their hottub for you if you ask nicely.

Niedermayer21
10-14-2003, 05:02 PM
I think we all hope that Vrana will be a great player. I know that if Parise can stay healthy, he will be a star in the NHL.

Even though Boston and Columbus do not have the depth that we have, I think that if we drafted someone who was good enough to make the roster, they would have. I still don't know why Boston traded Stumpel, unless it was just a salary dump. Also, he didn't look that great against us in the playoffs, but not a lot of Bruins did. If Bergeron is so great, they wouldn't have traded for Travis Green.

Only time will tell if Bergeron is the real deal. As for Fritsche, I would have taken a chance on him, but Lou played it a little safer with Vrana. Danny may turn out to be a star, or he could be the next Adrian Foster. (There's that darn name again. lol).

I know that if we drafted Dustin Brown, he would be on our roster, at least to start the season. It sounds like he had a very strong camp with LA, and we need as much goal scoring as possible. If this kid is for real, we'll know by mid-season. If we would have selected Staal or Horton, they would have started the season with the Devils. Unfortunately, we didn't draft high enough to take Brown or Staal or Horton. But we still may have ended up with the best player in Parise!

We did have a shot at Bergeron and Fritsche. Our organization chose to take Petr Vrana ahead of both of them. Until I see Vrana play, I trust Lou and David Conte and our scouts.

BTW, do you think that the Dirty Core is related to the Hershey Highway? :joker: This guy must be a jealous Leaf or Rangers fan. Lots of them around. :D

Devils Unseen Hand
10-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Oh wow, Devils Repairman, your wit (you do know the meaning of that word - don't you?) is too much for me. For some guy who probably only has a high school education, you think you're pretty clever. Now who is ruining this board with their profanity (another difficult word for you) and useless jargon. Never once did I write a offensive word, but a low-life like you seems to tkae great delight in doing so! I guees that is why you Americans are known around the world to have no class. Anyway, my hockey knowledge is indeed infinite and you too can learn from The Dirty Core. :mad: :rant:

Lord knows you're not American, because in America, you learn to spell & write words in the English Language!

As far as "you" never writing an offensive word, you're whole demeanor towards the board has been offensive from the get-go...between your rants, your so-called hockey knowledge and those stupid "mad" & "rant" face icons. You could have a penny in each pocket and still make no sense!

By the way, I'll tell ya' who has no class...YOUR PARENTS! Your old man should have pulled out of that hooker and saved the world from the ramblings of jackass known as, "The Dirty Core!"

Go find another hockey board to pollute!

Kevin Forbes
10-14-2003, 07:00 PM
well it's hard to say
Last year, the Moose were a strong team in the Q and the favorite to go all the way, thus Vrana probably played with a better team around him and therefore benefited from it
This year, he'll be playing with very few left-overs from last season's team and therefore he will probably have lower stats
the true Petr Vrana is probably in the middle between this year's version and last year's version

PEli*
10-15-2003, 03:49 AM
Sorry it took so long to get to this.

LaLaLaprise
10-15-2003, 06:57 AM
I think we all hope that Vrana will be a great player. I know that if Parise can stay healthy, he will be a star in the NHL.

Even though Boston and Columbus do not have the depth that we have, I think that if we drafted someone who was good enough to make the roster, they would have. I still don't know why Boston traded Stumpel, unless it was just a salary dump. Also, he didn't look that great against us in the playoffs, but not a lot of Bruins did. If Bergeron is so great, they wouldn't have traded for Travis Green.

Only time will tell if Bergeron is the real deal. As for Fritsche, I would have taken a chance on him, but Lou played it a little safer with Vrana. Danny may turn out to be a star, or he could be the next Adrian Foster. (There's that darn name again. lol).

I know that if we drafted Dustin Brown, he would be on our roster, at least to start the season. It sounds like he had a very strong camp with LA, and we need as much goal scoring as possible. If this kid is for real, we'll know by mid-season. If we would have selected Staal or Horton, they would have started the season with the Devils. Unfortunately, we didn't draft high enough to take Brown or Staal or Horton. But we still may have ended up with the best player in Parise!

We did have a shot at Bergeron and Fritsche. Our organization chose to take Petr Vrana ahead of both of them. Until I see Vrana play, I trust Lou and David Conte and our scouts.

BTW, do you think that the Dirty Core is related to the Hershey Highway? :joker: This guy must be a jealous Leaf or Rangers fan. Lots of them around. :D
Who would Vrana bump?

You guys have Gomez, Elias (plays wing too), Brylin, Larionov and Madden at center.

Exactly who would Vrana bump? I dont care who you drafted, none of those kids would make the team. Plus Lou doesnt rush his younger players. Even Elias played in the AHL.

LaLaLaprise
10-15-2003, 06:59 AM
well it's hard to say
Last year, the Moose were a strong team in the Q and the favorite to go all the way, thus Vrana probably played with a better team around him and therefore benefited from it
This year, he'll be playing with very few left-overs from last season's team and therefore he will probably have lower stats
the true Petr Vrana is probably in the middle between this year's version and last year's version

I agree with you. And from my own eyes Vrana is a better player this year. He is the captain, works his tail off every shift, throws his body and sets up his team mates. Id like to see him take the puck more often and try and score on his own, but thats not the type of player he is.

I dont think you need to worry about Vrana. He will be fine.

Buffaloed
10-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Anymore personal attacks here will be an automatic ban.