Did anybody catch the Blues/Avs game last night???

Devils Unseen Hand
10-13-2003, 02:53 AM
Fun game...thanks to our old boy Danton. Played only 8 1/2 minutes, but they were entertaining ones at that!

He had a great open-ice hit on Hinote and he got Sakic so ticked off...he "almost" got Sakic to drop the gloves.

However...when Mellanby comes back, we'll see if the Blues have to deal with Mikey's mouth if they ask him to sit a game or two.

Hopefully for his sake, he learned to keep his mouth shut this time around!!!

MattNJD
10-13-2003, 04:39 AM
Fun game...thanks to our old boy Danton. Played only 8 1/2 minutes, but they were entertaining ones at that!

He had a great open-ice hit on Hinote and he got Sakic so ticked off...he "almost" got Sakic to drop the gloves.

However...when Mellanby comes back, we'll see if the Blues have to deal with Mikey's mouth if they ask him to sit a game or two.

Hopefully for his sake, he learned to keep his mouth shut this time around!!!

I saw it, Danton was a little ball of terror, but I thought that Chris Osgood REALLY looked good. I'm not a big supporter of him, but if he plays like that all year the Blues are gonna be one darn hard team to bear.

Missionhockey
10-13-2003, 05:06 AM
I saw it, Danton was a little ball of terror, but I thought that Chris Osgood REALLY looked good. I'm not a big supporter of him, but if he plays like that all year the Blues are gonna be one darn hard team to bear.

I saw that too. The game would have been a blow out if it weren't for him. He deserves a lot of credit for that one.

NJDevs430
10-13-2003, 06:54 PM
I saw it too...Danton did well, but just give him about 15 games to see if all that hard contact knocks something off-kilter again.
...and if he stays true to his word that he will try to run the Devils out of the building next time he plays us...he will get hurt.
Sorry, Mike...that's the way it's got to be.
<)-:{

Blackjack
10-13-2003, 07:04 PM
All the Avs fans are weeping about the Pronger hit on Kariya.

They shouldn't worry, I'm sure Teemu is making it all better.