Parise hurt

Team Concept
10-13-2003, 08:52 AM
In the process in checking how Parise did in his first game
I discovered that he hurt his left knee!! Rats!!!http://www.uscollegehockey.com/recaps/20032004/m/10/11/other-und.php

Qubax
10-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Sounds like he'll be fine in a week or so...

USC Trojans
10-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Hey, is Jordan Parise Zach's brother?

Deathlock
10-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Yea, hes a goalie for the team right?

jiggs 10
10-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Yes, he's Zach's older brother. He played 2 years in the USHL before entering UND. Zach went straight to college from prep school.

Sounds as if he'll be alright. The Sioux would be in dire straits without him, a leading Hobey Baker candidate (again).

ttnorm
10-13-2003, 01:41 PM
FYI, Friday's game Boston College at North Dakota 8 p.m.(ET) will be on CSTV DirecTV channel 610.

His linemate said Zach will be back for this one. BC is ranked higher than NoDak. Both teams can fill the net so this should be worth taping.

Missionhockey
10-13-2003, 02:35 PM
Hey, as long as he doesn't turn into Adrian Foster (knock on wood)

Niedermayer21
10-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Don't even mention Adrian Foster in the same breath as Zach Parise. ;)

If someone watches North Dakota play BC on Friday, please let us know if Zach is back, and also how James Massen looks.

BTW, is Kenny Magowan on BC? If he is, let us know if he is worth signing.

Thanks a lot!!! :D

18Sarge
10-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Magowan plays for BU, not the antichrist that is BC. I get to watch him every home game. Will give updates if everyone wants

He had an assist on the first goal of a 5-2 win over RPI. He was getting somewhat shuffled between the 2nd and 3rd lines. As coach Parker was trying to figure out where the Freshman fit into the lineup. Kenny played well, had a few big hits and was noticeable in the offensive end. Not a top notch performance, but definately solid. He could probably make it in the NHL as a checking line player. He is solid defensively, a good skater, and brings good size. Things that could earn him a spot. Being that the Devils signed Chris Hartsburg i think that it is safe to assume that they will Magowan, given his stats are much better then Chris' were while Kenny plays in the best confrence in the country.

ttnorm
10-14-2003, 12:35 PM
His linemate said Zach will be back for this one. BC is ranked higher than NoDak. Both teams can fill the net so this should be worth taping.Word today from the NoDak campus is that Zach is now doubtful for the Boston College series. :(

Niedermayer21
10-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the news on Parise, ttnorm. If you hear some better news, please post it.

Thanks!!!

ratsgirl
10-15-2003, 06:06 AM
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/7015955.htm

But according to Parise, there's a chance he'll be back in the lineup for the important nonconference series between the Eagles (2-0-1) and the fourth-ranked Fighting Sioux (1-0).

"I haven't gotten an MRI or anything. I've just been to my doctor, and he says everything looks pretty good," Parise said prior to Tuesday's practice. "They said it's healing faster than normal."

He said his injury has been diagnosed as a strained knee ligament. He said he may tape his knee for practices this week but won't wear a brace, and that no surgery is necessary.

ttnorm
10-15-2003, 06:57 AM
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/7015955.htm

But according to Parise, there's a chance he'll be back in the lineup for the important nonconference series between the Eagles (2-0-1) and the fourth-ranked Fighting Sioux (1-0).

"I haven't gotten an MRI or anything. I've just been to my doctor, and he says everything looks pretty good," Parise said prior to Tuesday's practice. "They said it's healing faster than normal."

He said his injury has been diagnosed as a strained knee ligament. He said he may tape his knee for practices this week but won't wear a brace, and that no surgery is necessary.I hope Zach is well enough to play but I read that Coach Blais said Zach probably won't go at a Sioux Booster lunch in Fargo yesterday.

BTW, Boston College is now #1 in the NCAA polls (not that that should mean much so early in their season).

NJDevils#4
10-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Please don't be hurt badly. I think Parise could be unbelieveable here. Just no injuries, please.

jiggs 10
10-15-2003, 11:38 AM
Don't even mention Adrian Foster in the same breath as Zach Parise. ;)

If someone watches North Dakota play BC on Friday, please let us know if Zach is back, and also how James Massen looks.

BTW, is Kenny Magowan on BC? If he is, let us know if he is worth signing.

Thanks a lot!!! :D
I've got season tix, so I'll be at both games. Should be a good series. i can't believe BC is rated so high. They weren't pickedover the summer to be such a power. Good for them, it'll make it a better series.
Parise hopefully will play, and play well. I'll let you all know how it goes this weekend.