16. D Matt Jones (22.22%) Uni of ND HF-NR
17. D Nikos Tselios (25.00%) Springfield HF-NR
18. F Dmitri Pestunov (33.33%) Metallurg? HF-NR
19. D Michael Schutte (19.41% won tie 14-13) Springfield HF-17
20. F Randall Gelech (19.41%) Kelowna HF-NR

Honorable Mentions to:
G - Jeff Pietrasiak
D - Goran Bezina HF-8
F - Ryan Gibbons, Liam Lindstrom, Lance Monych, Tyler Redenbach, Alexander Tatarinov HF-9, Erik Westrum HF-15

Gwyddbwyll
10-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Also wanted to add thanks to everyone for participating in the polls and as expected it threw up some surprising results. I also listed their current team and where they were ranked in hockeysfuture - which was probably done about a year ago. You can definitely see who has raised their stock and who has dropped.

vsmith
10-13-2003, 07:39 PM
18. F Dmitri Pestunov (33.33%) Metallurg? HF-NR

Metallurg Magnitogorsk ;)

gibber1600
10-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Also wanted to add thanks to everyone for participating in the polls and as expected it threw up some surprising results. I also listed their current team and where they were ranked in hockeysfuture - which was probably done about a year ago. You can definitely see who has raised their stock and who has dropped.
Great Job! I liked this poll.

ulf
10-13-2003, 07:51 PM
good job as always stevex.

amazing the variety of views our little community has.

PhoPhan
10-13-2003, 08:36 PM
Nice work Stevex, I am glad someone took the initiative to put it together.

Boomhower
10-14-2003, 10:52 AM
As an OHL fan I've seen Koreis play a couple of times now and I'd say Eager is a much better prospect......Koreis is getting bullied and knocked around, shows below average speed and isn't that impressive with the puck.

Waldo
10-14-2003, 11:11 AM
As an OHL fan I've seen Koreis play a couple of times now and I'd say Eager is a much better prospect......Koreis is getting bullied and knocked around, shows below average speed and isn't that impressive with the puck.

I was hoping he at least had speed as this team needs all their players to be fast. That was to be one of their main criteria in drafting. Oh well!! Maybe he has other attributes which are as yet undeveloped but he was touted as being physically mature enough for the NHL. Thanks for the comment. I hope you can keep us informed on his progress. We were hoping for big things from Koreis but he hasn't shown much since he was drafted.

PhoPhan
10-14-2003, 11:45 AM
I was hoping he at least had speed as this team needs all their players to be fast. That was to be one of their main criteria in drafting. Oh well!! Maybe he has other attributes which are as yet undeveloped but he was touted as being physically mature enough for the NHL. Thanks for the comment. I hope you can keep us informed on his progress. We were hoping for big things from Koreis but he hasn't shown much since he was drafted.

The drafting of Koreis and Eager were both seen as prospects. They were both expected to fill different roles on the 3rd or 4th lines and be late bloomers, somewhat.

hbk
10-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Interesting. I had hoped the transition was going smoothly as Koreis has been named a game star in at least two of his games.

Something to keep things in perspective. The 2002 draft was very, very poor. It sucked to put it mildly. Koreis and Eager were drafted to be third line players (although Eager's speed may allow him to play on a first or second line). Good checking, defensively aware players is the goal. Basically another Handzus/Gratton - Koreis and another Mike Weir - Eager.

Gwyddbwyll
10-15-2003, 01:37 AM
Its also somewhat unfair to immediately compare Eager and Koreis as well.. I'd wager Eager wouldnt look too hot right away if he went over to the Czech league. Eager's been settled in his team for a while. Is he playing with Horton again? That kinda takes the pressure to make the plays off whereas Koreis is expected (rightly) to be the leader on his line. Sjostrom was similarly unimpressive his first year.

Could Koreis' lack of speed be more in his head than ability? Adjusting to NA rinks and style means he is re-learning positioning again - where to be on the ice. If he turns into a Handzus/Gratton though I'd be delighted with that. Im worried he'll be more of a Mike Sullivan.

Thanks for posting Boomhower - good to get a fresh perspective!